• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Spiderman - Far from Home - SD?

I am on version 1152, however I noted that whilst Netflix is advertising this film 'Spiderman - Far from Home' as HD, but in Anystream it will only let me download in 960 x 540.

I am posting this, as I'm not sure if the issues with encryption is now resolved or not (for Netflix, as there don't seem to be further update on this, except for Amazon), but looking at other films/series on Netflix I can get HD - 1920 x 1080.

Thanks.

In general, what is offered within the Netflix app can be different than what is offered to AS.

That may or may not apply here but it is the case to my understanding.

This is correct, this movie is only available at 960x540. As DQ said, AS can get different video streams and information than a web browser. Some things are available at 1080p, others are not.

The issue with encryption (the DRM error) was only for Amazon, not for NF or D+.

So Netflix is now trying to 'outfox' AS to prevent downloads of some films in HD - That's disappointing! Thanks for confirming the DRM issue was only for Amazon.

So Netflix is now trying to 'outfox' AS to prevent downloads of some films in HD
No, it has always been like this. Before AnyStream.
1080p was never offered by Netflix (to Chrome and Firefox). AnyStream has been using a loophole from the start to get 1080p at least some of the time.

same thing on spiderman in my opinion it comes from netflix we take for example case 39 and we have 1080p :)

same thing on spiderman in my opinion it comes from netflix we take for example case 39 and we have 1080p :)

I see that a lot with NF; SD. I pulled my down in APV in 1080. In fact, I think D+ has them all...? Those will be 720.
Code:
 https://justwatch.com/us/movie/spider-man-far-from-home

I have the same problem with AP. The movie "A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood" is available to rent on UK Amazon in 1080p but AS only lets me download it in 960x520. In Firefox this movie plays in 1080p without any problems. As for the other movies AS downloads 1080p. I'm assuming the new movies have different download protection. Sorry for my bad English

Attachments

• neighbour2.jpg
    neighbour2.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 15
AS only lets me download it in 960x520. In Firefox this movie plays in 1080p

This is definitely a common theme. I’m not entirely sure what the rhyme or reason is behind it, but I do know the Content Delivery Networks (CDN) will only “offer” content based on the source that’s trying to access it.

I overlooked what @albertle5ieme just asked, but be sure to double check what he’s asking. Hopefully that’s your given issue.

Of course, 960x520 is the largest resolution offered
Well, that’s unfortunate.
It’s available for free in APV Canada according to JustWatch. You might get lucky and get the 1080 option. It’s worth a look. I’d check for you, but I’m lounging in my living room with my iPad. (y)
https://www.justwatch.com/ca/movie/a-beautiful-day-in-the-neighborhood
Check out my https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-vpn-guide.81206 if needed.

I checked unogs, but it’s not listed.

Last edited:
So Netflix is now trying to 'outfox' AS to prevent downloads of some films in HD - That's disappointing! Thanks for confirming the DRM issue was only for Amazon.
I have to pay for that movie on APV and its not even on NF

I have the same problem with AP. The movie "A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood" is available to rent on UK Amazon in 1080p but AS only lets me download it in 960x520. In Firefox this movie plays in 1080p without any problems. As for the other movies AS downloads 1080p. I'm assuming the new movies have different download protection. Sorry for my bad English

OK, so according to APV (CA), it's available for free.

I'm going to see if I can get AS for work with APV (CA). I haven't tested it before.

I am on version 1152, however I noted that whilst Netflix is advertising this film 'Spiderman - Far from Home' as HD, but in Anystream it will only let me download in 960 x 540.

I am posting this, as I'm not sure if the issues with encryption is now resolved or not (for Netflix, as there don't seem to be further update on this, except for Amazon), but looking at other films/series on Netflix I can get HD - 1920 x 1080.

Thanks.

You can try NF with VPN to see if you get lucky.
https://unogs.com/title/81055822
I tried UK and Italy, and they were both SD.
Not sure which VPN you have, but you can use their filter to slim the country options available...

I noticed that Tobey Maguire's Spiderman, Andre Garfield's Spiderman and Tom Holland Spoiderman films on NF are all SD, I have noticed this for months now. Even the two Ghost Rider films are also presented in SD through AS.

If you watch then NF direct they are all in HD. Is this related to the ongoing issues or is AS pulling in the wrong stream format?

Same Problem... only 960 with 1.2.9.0.
If i change to 1.2.7.9 i get HD.
With 1.2.9.2 it is i get more HD back.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.9.2.astlog
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I've never known it to ever be in SD via AS. Is version 1.2.7.9 still useable?

Back