• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v1.1.5.1 AMZ Subtitles wrong timing

nochzunennen

It seems that start- and endpoint are the same

Hawaii Five-0 S05E01

Code:
00:01:07,067 --> 00:01:07,067
Wir sind jetzt seit drei Jahren
Partner.

00:01:08,402 --> 00:01:08,402
Vier.

<<...>>

00:42:56,493 --> 00:42:56,493
Ihr Bruder nahm mir etwas weg,
00:42:58,996 --> 00:42:58,996
und Sie helfen mir,
es zurückzubekommen.

Thanks

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.1.astlog
    655.8 KB · Views: 0
Have you grabbed the subs outside of AS?
just to make sure its not the subs them self

Within AS

Attachments

• 2021-06-09 09_50_34-AnyStream Settings.png
    2021-06-09 09_50_34-AnyStream Settings.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 17
I have a similar problem. Subs from Amazon Prime works fine with 1.1.5.0 so I reverted back to that version since I have no problems with it.

Thanks for pointing this out! Will handle it for the next release.

However, are netflix subs working OK?

disney plus french subtitles is also (Wrong timing) shifted under version 1.1.5.1 beta

The same with netflix.

District 9

Code:
00:00:46,755 --> 00:00:46,755
Attention, Mr. Hayes

00:00:48,590 --> 00:00:48,590
your wife is waiting
at the station.

<<---->>

01:44:32,015 --> 01:44:32,015
And it couldn't possibly
come from him.

01:44:34,726 --> 01:44:34,726
I know it's true.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.1.astlog
    546.8 KB · Views: 0
It seems that start- and endpoint are the same

Hawaii Five-0 S05E01

had the exact same problem with one of the seasons of key&peele on paramount+ over at prime. when i loaded season in my browser and hit play, i confirmed its their problem, not AS'. also, snagged the same season subtitles via a greasemonkey script and same thing as with subs fetched via AS. but now i see others are having problems with other channels and providers... if it were only prime, id say get used to it since prime and its channels more often than not did a truly shoddy job with subtitles.

All subtitles on all services are wrong. (sigh .. I just downloaded 3 seasons of a TV show too). Check your string.writer format (or whatever you are using to format the output) :p Looks like the same value is being passed to start/end times by mistake.

Well I'm not seeing that it's Amazon's problem. (I don't subscribe to Netflix or Disney+.) I run both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit on my laptop. I've got AnyStream 1.1.5.0 (32-bit) installed within Windows 7. I've got AnyStream 1.1.5.1 (64-bit) installed within Windows 10. I downloaded 10 episodes of a TV show with AnyStream 1.1.5.0 (32-bit) the other day. This was just prior to AnyStream 1.1.5.1 (64-bit) becoming available. Every external SRT that downloaded is fine. None of the captions contain the same start and end times, each caption timed properly when playing the given video.

Now for the last couple days I've been logged in to Windows 10. I downloaded the remaining 22 episodes of the TV show with AnyStream 1.1.5.1 (64-bit). I checked just now. Every external SRT that downloaded, every caption has the same start and end time. That being said, I just logged back in to Windows 7 and downloaded the same episodes using AnyStream 1.1.5.0 (32-bit). Well, I aborted the given download the moment the SRT fully downloaded which happens first. Every SRT file checked out fine. None of the captions contain the same start and end times, each caption timed properly when playing the given video.

Last edited:
Well I'm not seeing that it's Amazon's problem. (I don't subscribe to Netflix or Disney+.) I run both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit on my laptop. I've got AnyStream 1.1.5.0 (32-bit) installed within Windows 7. I've got AnyStream 1.1.5.1 (64-bit) installed within Windows 10. I downloaded 10 episodes of a TV show with AnyStream 1.1.5.0 (32-bit) the other day. This was just prior to AnyStream 1.1.5.1 (64-bit) becoming available. Every external SRT that downloaded is fine. None of the captions contain the same start and end times, each caption timed properly when playing the given video.

Now for the last couple days I've been logged in to Windows 10. I downloaded the remaining 22 episodes of the TV show with AnyStream 1.1.5.1 (64-bit). I checked just now. Every external SRT that downloaded, every caption has the same start and end time. That being said, I just logged back in to Windows 7 and downloaded the same episodes using AnyStream 1.1.5.0 (32-bit). Well, I aborted the download the moment the SRT fully downloaded which happens first. Every SRT file is fine. Nothing changed on Amazon's end. None of the captions contain the same start and end times, each caption timed properly when playing the given video.
Thanks for the report. I dl'ed a show on Amz without subtitles till today, but right know I've got a movie from NF and the subtitles have the same start and the same end too.

Thanks for the report. I dl'ed a show on Amz without subtitles till today, but right know I've got a movie from NF and the subtitles have the same start and the same end too.

I just reverted to 1.1.5.0 and can confirm that SRT's are formed as expected.

If I remember right, the devs were looking at a reported bug where preceding zeros were being dropped in subtitles, this probably came out of that.

Sucks about the episode downloads though. I just downloaded 44 episodes of a show and all the SRT are broke. Not a HUGE deal, but given that amazon just expired some 1400 movies at the last second today (10 hours left), I'm not gonna go back and burn credits for just the SRT until later :)

I'm not gonna go back and burn credits for just the SRT
From what I heared in this forum it is possible to download the subtitles using your browser. I don't know how or anything, but this way you wouldn't burn any token and avoid several broken video files to delete.

From what I heared in this forum it is possible to download the subtitles using your browser. I don't know how or anything, but this way you wouldn't burn any token and avoid several broken video files to delete.
There are numerous websites out there dedicated to hosting subtitle tracks. Subscene would be one example. It can be more trouble than it's worth sometimes though as you then have to spend time syncing the subtitle track with the stream you've downloaded. Subtitle Edit offers some advanced features in this regard, but often times those features don't even help. It's been very hit or miss for me, so I personally don't even bother. If the subtitle downloaded by AnyStream is junk I just don't bother with the subtitles at all so. Your results may vary of course.

My English isn't so good, I'm sorry. But I will try ...

Just an additional problem with the subtitles:
Beginning- and endingtime are the same, and (!) ever and ever are errors in form of wrong timestamps instead the right ones.

For example disney-A Teacher_S01E05_Episode 5.de.srt:

00:02:58,636 --> 00:02:58,636
Ein selbst gekochtes Essen.

00:02:02,682 --> 00:03:02,682
Nachdem Mom starb,
ging Dad immer mit uns zu McDonald's.

00:03:05,101 --> 00:03:05,101
Meine Mom war die beste Köchin.​

By 41 the first time isn't the same as the endtime and (!) that it is why the first time in 41 is now before the time in 40!

That gives subsequent faults by muxing (MKVToolNix GUI version: 57.0.0).

I hope it was understandable?

Greetings

Thanks for pointing this out! Will handle it for the next release.

Any chance we could get an option to keep the (raw, xml, whatever) subtitle file in addition to the SRT or muxed-in version?
Subtitle processing seems fragile, there have been a few bugs, not everyone uses them, and even as a user of them I don't always turn them on or notice a bug immediately.

I'd always keep the ~100-500k file so that when problems happen I can toss together a sed or python script. For example the 1.0.9.3 bug. The risk of subtitle problems is most of what now makes me hesitate to upgrade.

The semi-related feature is a version number variable for file naming. Currently I manually stick a string like "as1151" in my file naming pattern so when there are bugs I can quickly figure out what was affected.

My problem with subtitles in the last few versions of Any Stream is that they play on the computer but not on Samsung Smart TV's. I used to be able to fix this with VLC Player or Power DVD but this no longer works.
The setting is on external subtitles since I could never get the embedded to work. I am still using Using 1.1.4.0 64 Bit with Windows 10 because everything else seems to wok well and because of all the reported problems with higher versions. There are no TV subtitles on Prime, Disney, or Netflix

Does anybody else, using Any Stream with 1140 or higher versions, been able to play subtitles on a Samsung TV and any changes (if any ) needed to make the subtitles play on a TV?

Back