• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] Amazon Prime download error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exact thing happens, same screen through Microsoft. What if I uninstall Anystream, restore my computer to a previous time and then reinstall Anystream. If so, could I get another trial version (this trial version is only one day old)

Same exact screen that goes through Microsoft. Should I uninstall Anystream, restore my computer to a previous time and reinstall Anystream? If so, could I get another trial version of Anystream (this one is only one day old)?

Exact thing happens, same screen through Microsoft. What if I uninstall Anystream, restore my computer to a previous time and then reinstall Anystream. If so, could I get another trial version (this trial version is only one day old)
I guess the trial is set to your machine ID or something, so you should get the same licence again (otherwise the trial would be nonsense if you simply could reset your computer, see VM), but a dev should confirm this.
But I don't know how you get to the Microsoft Store using the downloadables button. You can only get there if you press something on the Amz website.

Same exact screen that goes through Microsoft. Should I uninstall Anystream, restore my computer to a previous time and reinstall Anystream? If so, could I get another trial version of Anystream (this one is only one day old)?
You arent serious are you? You cant get 2 trial versions no matter what you do. please do not try that, it's not going to work.

Well ... I can confirm that the Microsoft store is opened when you click the download button on the amazon page inside AS, if the Prime Video App is not installed in Windows10. The Amazon Tab is then stuck.

Again, don't click the Buttons inside the Amazon page, use only the Button on top.

2021-06-10%2018_38_51-AnyStream.png

Last edited:
You arent serious are you? You cant get 2 trial versions no matter what you do. please do not try that, it's not going to work.
I think he is concerned if the current trial will end if he reinstall it or if he can use it afterwards, not if he can cheat himself another trial.
But this is not neccessary anymore, since he is only pressing the wrong button.

I can assure you that I am not trying to get 2 trial versions. Just going through all this to get my one day old trial version to work. I was hitting the download button in the center of the Amazon screen, not the green "Downloadable videos (1)" button at the top. Again, I was not trying to get 2 trial versions, this one is only one day old. I am really dismayed you think that is the reason that I went through all this trouble. Thanks for everyone's help. I feel really stupid that I was using the wrong download button, but a user manual would have helped greatly.

@Prospere would you consider removing all the action buttons from the Amazon page inside AS?
These cause some trouble as we can see in this thread ;)

@Prospere would you consider removing all the action buttons from the Amazon page inside AS?
I am not sure that can be done, he would have to get access to Amazon's website I think. All that is a different browser, nothing we can access. I might be wrong so we will see what Prospere has to say.

I am not sure that can be done
I don't see the need to fiddle with it. It happened to me the first time I opened AZP, and never again. And, I didn't ask about it on the forum as my eyeballs still work.

I don't see the need to fiddle with it. It happened to me the first time I opened AZP, and never again. And, I didn't ask about it on the forum as my eyeballs still work.
I think you are correct. Thanks bro.

I can assure you that I am not trying to get 2 trial versions. Just going through all this to get my one day old trial version to work. I was hitting the download button in the center of the Amazon screen, not the green "Downloadable videos (1)" button at the top. Again, I was not trying to get 2 trial versions, this one is only one day old. I am really dismayed you think that is the reason that I went through all this trouble. Thanks for everyone's help. I feel really stupid that I was using the wrong download button, but a user manual would have helped greatly.
Just a misunderstanding Ronald, it happens all the time, don't worry, we are here to help you, we are the user manual. LOL

I am not sure that can be done, he would have to get access to Amazon's website I think. All that is a different browser, nothing we can access. I might be wrong so we will see what Prospere has to say.
It can be done, in fact he already removed the big play button on the left. So there should be no reason why the other stuff could not be removed. But I don't know how or how stable this would be, this could be a reason why it is still there.

Theres very much a reason. All amazon has to do to break things is make a change in the button css/js rendering and it'll no longer work

I feel really stupid that I was using the wrong download button, but a user manual would have helped greatly.
Honestly, it's not you. It's a less than satisfactory solution. We are contemplating a way to make the Amazon page more similar to Netflix/Disney, but Amazon's method for building the pages is a mess.

AnyStream already removes a number of such elements, like play buttons. Unfortunately, they keep cropping up, because it's not totally trivial to identify them.
We already made the download button painfully green, at one point it was animated, in order to be more noticeable.
But still people click on elements on the page, which is understandable, because it's the intuitive thing to do.

I'm not in favor of AnyStream making the given Amazon page similar to that of Netflix or Disney+. If anything perhaps introduce an initial pop-up window when going to the AmazonPrime tab for the first time, the pop-up window outlining how it works, i.e. once navigating to a page where a video can be played look for and select the "Downloadable videos" button that populates at the top of the AnyStream application outside the actual web page. That solves the problem right there. No more weekly forum posts where people are trying to "Play" a given video within AnyStream thinking that's what they need to do to download the given stream. AnyStream should just display the given AmazonPrime page as a normal browser would. I don't see the need for AnyStream to hide or modify anything on the given page. If the user is informed to only use the built-in browser to navigate to a given page the problem takes care of itself.

Last edited:
We are contemplating a way to make the Amazon page more similar to Netflix/Disney
But pleaso don't remove the add to watchlist, remove and so on buttons like you did on NF. There is no way to add something to the list or to see if I liked it or not within AS. I have to open the browser for that on NF.
I add everything I want to load sometimes to my list and on NF the only way to keep track if I have something or not is via the like button because unless Amz, there is no way to remove a video.
So if you are doing the same to Amz as you did with NF (which I would not like because most of the users know the current interface now), please preserve the other functions and maybe add them to NF too. (I don't know anything about D+ but since you did this there too it may also be the case as it is for NF).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back