• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anystream obsession

Scott Tedder

Let me start by saying there's nothing wrong with anystream if you're okay with only having three providers. But let's not stick our heads in the sand and pretend that this is the only program that does not screen record on the market. Let's not pretend that red fox or the DVD Fab people created the download ability. It has existed many years before these two companies offered a option for the public. You can stick your head in the sand and scream every program before anystream could only screen capture until you die of old age.

There are also programs that will remove the DRM from iTunes downloads. That's not a screen recorder. If you have a 1 hour video and it takes just a couple of minutes to download it then it's obvious it's not screen recorded. Screen recording not only requires a whole hell of a lot of CPU or GPU, but it also takes the length of the video before it processes the file.

Let me start by saying there's nothing wrong with anystream if you're okay with only having three providers. But let's not stick our heads in the sand and pretend that this is the only program that does not screen record on the market. Let's not pretend that red fox or the DVD Fab people created the download ability. It has existed many years before these two companies offered a option for the public. You can stick your head in the sand and scream every program before anystream could only screen capture until you die of old age.
Nope they didn't invent it they just made it better than anyone else, that's all. Just the fact that you are here tells me it's the best, or maybe you are just here pushing other programs. Why did you come here if you are shilling other programs? There will be more providers in the future, Redfox takes its time and does things the best way possible, do you have an issue with that?

Last edited:
Okay I will interact with the bot. If two different programs are used to download the same episode or movie from the same provider and end up with the exact same media info, then neither are better than the other. I'm not saying that any stream is not any good and I've always been impressed with it but like most of us in the public we don't get access to the tools of the trade that have been available privately for years. Yes they yield the same result with the exact same info or actually gets a higher bit rate stream than what is a currently available with any stream.

Okay I will interact with the bot. If two different programs are used to download the same episode or movie from the same provider and end up with the exact same media info, then neither are better than the other. I'm not saying that any stream is not any good and I've always been impressed with it but like most of us in the public we don't get access to the tools of the trade that have been available privately for years. Yes they yield the same result with the exact same info or actually gets a higher bit rate stream than what is a currently available with any stream.
No they dont. You see you are telling stories now. 1080P on Amazon is not available in the monkeys program.

You clearly have something against Redfox. Maybe you work for a competitor, maybe you just have nothing better to do, maybe you just hate foxes. In any case, you are wasting your keystrokes. I don't care what you say as you bring nothing but negativity and personally I am tired of seeing it for what that might be worth. I am sure others would agree.

You clearly have something against Redfox. Maybe you work for a competitor, maybe you just have nothing better to do, maybe you just hate foxes. In any case, you are wasting your keystrokes. I don't care what you say as you bring nothing but negativity and personally I am tired of seeing it for what that might be worth. I am sure others would agree.
I'm surprised that he's lasted here this long.

I'm now putting him on Ignore, because he simply isn't saying anything of use to me or the Forum.

I'm surprised that he's lasted here this long.

I'm now putting him on Ignore, because he simply isn't saying anything of use to me or the Forum.
He is only here because I know if I ban him, he will just come back as someone else, at least now I know who he is. All that said, he has learned that in this subforum he can speak freely about DVD Fab and other competitors, I mean this is not North Korea, right?;)

There are also programs that will remove the DRM from iTunes downloads. That's not a screen recorder. If you have a 1 hour video and it takes just a couple of minutes to download it then it's obvious it's not screen recorded. Screen recording not only requires a whole hell of a lot of CPU or GPU, but it also takes the length of the video before it processes the file.

Screen recording takes the length of the video?
Sorry, but that is completely wrong.
Let me correct that.

Even in the area of tape and venyl, there was a option called "hispeed dubbing".
Which made it possible to copy faster then real time.
Going to the now and looking at screen recorders, this option still exists.
Yes, you can record faster then real time if the recorder supports it.
This comes with high CPU and / or GPU usage.

Screen recording takes the length of the video?
Sorry, but that is completely wrong.
Let me correct that.

Even in the area of tape and venyl, there was a option called "hispeed dubbing".
Which made it possible to copy faster then real time.
Going to the now and looking at screen recorders, this option still exists.
Yes, you can record faster then real time if the recorder supports it.
This comes with high CPU and / or GPU usage.

Cr@p! I must be old. I remember that :p

Um, what? A screen grabber does NOT require a lot of CPU. Why would you think it? Before AnyStream, I use to run a stream grabber at the same time I was transcoding something else with HandBrake, because the grabber (even with HD) only used about 4% of the processor.

Also, why do you even care so much?

There are also programs that will remove the DRM from iTunes downloads. That's not a screen recorder.
If you have found other programs except poor DRM struggeling Fab and the all singing, all dancing AnyStream, which you think are NOT screen recorders, please post their names. I am all ears.

If you have found other programs except poor DRM struggeling Fab and the all singing, all dancing AnyStream, which you think are NOT screen recorders, please post their names. I am all ears.

James, there could literally be 10 other ones that did the same thing as AS (I am NOT saying there is). People would still choose RedFox because of the support I am quite sure.

We are operating in a free market place. Both programs you mentioned have their strengths and weaknesses as I have recently found out. Anystream may be perfect for some, while another program may be perfect for others. As a consumer who decides what I spend my disposable income on, and one who knows the value of compare and contrast, I have decided to do that with the two programs you mentioned. My first exposure was to Anystream so they have a six month advantage on a 1 year license, the other product has a full year left to go. I will be evaluating them side by side for six months, then Dvdfab will be operating six months by itself. At the end of the evaluating period, I will decide what is best for me going forward. As I stated earlier Anystream has its positives, but if you are into shows that have long runs you are pretty much screwed. I am into CSI, NCIS, the original Law and Order, most of Supernatural and a few more 10+ years shows, if living a normal life, you are looking at 3 months of download time, with the potential loss of access to any of them. As for the other, a lack of customization can be annoying, as for DRM issues at the moment it is working, if they hit a brick wall then that will go into the mix when determining where to put my dollars in the coming year. Bottom line Ferrari guy, or SUV guy, or sedan guy, or sub compact guy. What works for you, works for you.

We are operating in a free market place. Both programs you mentioned have their strengths and weaknesses as I have recently found out. Anystream may be perfect for some, while another program may be perfect for others. As a consumer who decides what I spend my disposable income on, and one who knows the value of compare and contrast, I have decided to do that with the two programs you mentioned. My first exposure was to Anystream so they have a six month advantage on a 1 year license, the other product has a full year left to go. I will be evaluating them side by side for six months, then Dvdfab will be operating six months by itself. At the end of the evaluating period, I will decide what is best for me going forward. As I stated earlier Anystream has its positives, but if you are into shows that have long runs you are pretty much screwed. I am into CSI, NCIS, the original Law and Order, most of Supernatural and a few more 10+ years shows, if living a normal life, you are looking at 3 months of download time, with the potential loss of access to any of them. As for the other, a lack of customization can be annoying, as for DRM issues at the moment it is working, if they hit a brick wall then that will go into the mix when determining where to put my dollars in the coming year. Bottom line Ferrari guy, or SUV guy, or sedan guy, or sub compact guy. What works for you, works for you.

You aren't able to test with the secret methods. They we're still downloading from Amazon at 1080p for the whole nearly 2 weeks that anystream could not. I only use anystream for content that the "Secret Wizards" aren't interested in downloading. But the one year subscription did not cost me any money because someone else paid it so I could download bet+ shows

You aren't able to test with the secret methods. They we're still downloading from Amazon at 1080p for the whole nearly 2 weeks that anystream could not. I only use anystream for content that the "Secret Wizards" aren't interested in downloading. But the one year subscription did not cost me any money because someone else paid it so I could download bet+ shows
They cannot download Amazon in 1080P, only 720P, prove it with a screenshot. No screenshot, it didn't happen. And your so-called " Secret Methods" post them or they don't exist. Why do you say these things? It's okay that you are wrong. Secret methods:whistle::whistle: I am beginning to think you are 10 years old and I am wasting my time here. ..;) Post the secret method or it didn't happen. Post-Amazon in 1080P or it didn't happen. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Wow Bet+ shows, are coming to Paramount for free if you subscribe to CBS on Amazon.

Thank you for being a Paramount+ Commercial Free subscriber with Prime Video Channels. We’re writing to let you know that as of June 7, Paramount+ Commercial Free is now named Paramount+ Premium. No action is required, and you’ll still have ad-free access to the entire collection—including tens of thousands of episodes from CBS, Nickelodeon, BET+, MTV Hits, Comedy Central Now, and Smithsonian Channel Plus.

DVDFab does offer DRM removal from iTunes. Of course there's a slew of other programs that will do the same thing. DVD Fab wasn't the first to create that ability.

Um, what? A screen grabber does NOT require a lot of CPU. Why would you think it? Before AnyStream, I use to run a stream grabber at the same time I was transcoding something else with HandBrake, because the grabber (even with HD) only used about 4% of the processor.

Also, why do you even care so much?

Audials One

Recommended hardware for recording HD videos
  • Superior/powerful desktop CPU (i5, i7, or comparable).
  • Fast HDD or SSD, several 10 GB hard drive space
  • Dedicated GPU (graphics card) might help reduce load on CPU
  • GPU and GPU driver should not be older than 4 years

Rules of thumb:

• Good desktop PCs can record HD
  • Mobile computers (Laptops etc.) cannot record HD
  • If playing a HD video requires no more than 50% CPU, your system is capable of recording the video.

Audials One

Recommended hardware for recording HD videos
  • Superior/powerful desktop CPU (i5, i7, or comparable).
  • Fast HDD or SSD, several 10 GB hard drive space
  • Dedicated GPU (graphics card) might help reduce load on CPU
  • GPU and GPU driver should not be older than 4 years

Rules of thumb:

• Good desktop PCs can record HD
  • Mobile computers (Laptops etc.) cannot record HD
  • If playing a HD video requires no more than 50% CPU, your system is capable of recording the video.

What's your point beyond your cut/paste job?

DVDFab does offer DRM removal from iTunes. Of course there's a slew of other programs that will do the same thing. DVD Fab wasn't the first to create that ability.
I'm not talking about iTunes, as AnyStream doesn't support this (yet). I am looking for non-screen recorders for, e.g. Amazon or Netflix. Disney+ has weak security, so that doesn't count.

Back