• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved ]AnyStream 1.1.5.0 - [GUI not showing up]

reinstalling on top of the exiting installation didn't work for me. I had to remove the existing VC redistributable and reinstall AS which installed it again for me. It would very likely be these two since AS installs 2017 specifically.

upload_2021-6-7_13-2-40.png

reinstalling on top of the exiting installation didn't work for me. I had to remove the existing VC redistributable and reinstall AS which installed it again for me. It would very likely be these two since AS installs 2017 specifically.

View attachment 57859

I tried it. Didn't work.

Please leave a log file for the developers. Look at the GUI you will see FILE, Press it come on you will see create log file, create it, upload that to the forum

I didn’t ask you that, I asked you what happens if you turn off your VPN and use it normally? Is your machine 32 bit or 64 bit?

what do you mean with turning off "VPN and use it normally"?
My machine is on Windows 64 Bit.

Please leave a log file for the developers. Look at the GUI you will see FILE, Press it come on you will see create log file, create it, upload that to the forum

well, I would look at the GUI...but the whole thread is about that the GUI is not showing up... <-- so it will be pretty hard for me to look at the GUI and press anything...

Then you will have to wait for the developers to help you I cannot help you anymore I am sorry for your problems

well, I would look at the GUI...but the whole thread is about that the GUI is not showing up... <-- so it will be pretty hard for me to look at the GUI and press anything...
Again: have you tried version 1.1.5.1?
That contains a specific fix, made especially for you. And I'm fairly certain that it should fix your problem.

Again: have you tried version 1.1.5.1?
That contains a specific fix, made especially for you. And I'm fairly certain that it should fix your problem.

yes, I have tried the version 1.1.5.1 and unfortunatley the GUI doesn't show up.
I just downloaded the latest beta version in 64 Bit.
Do you need another dump file? here is the latest dump with version 1.1.5.1 : https://obergaenserndorf.at/AnyStream-Dump-1151.zip

Br, Florian

I tried the new version on a fresh install within a virtual machine. works fine.
So there must be a kind of misconfiguration on my host system. would be fine if this issue can be solved even though...because I don't want to use always the virtual machine for this.

I tried the new version on a fresh install within a virtual machine. works fine.
So there must be a kind of misconfiguration on my host system. would be fine if this issue can be solved even though...because I don't want to use always the virtual machine for this.
well, congratulations Florian78, the good news is always welcome news. ;)

You should rather find and remove the misconfiguration on your system.
If you can't find it yourself, you probably can imagine how hard it is for a developer to find a fix for something unknown.

A (lacking) comparison would be: your new car doesn't fit in your garage and you want the manufacturer of the car to rebuild it to make it fit without knowing the layout of the garage o_O

You should rather find and remove the misconfiguration on your system.
If you can't find it yourself, you probably can imagine how hard it is for a developer to find a fix for something unknown.

A (lacking) comparison would be: your new car doesn't fit in your garage and you want the manufacturer of the car to rebuild it to make it fit without knowing the layout of the garage o_O

well, I would agree but in this case i just installed the new version and suddenly it didn't show up the GUI....so what is now faulty? There was no other application installed. Weird isn't it.
In my opinion it isn't really solved.
Imagine: the only change was installing the new AS version. and now the customer should find out why it's not running anymore... ;-)

If all else failes...I will just start the virtual machine. Maybe the Virtual Machine is anyway the best environment for Anystream...because when anything failes...I just go back to the starting point.

well, I would agree but in this case i just installed the new version and suddenly it didn't show up the GUI....so what is now faulty? There was no other application installed. Weird isn't it.
In my opinion it isn't really solved.
Imagine: the only change was installing the new AS version. and now the customer should find out why it's not running anymore... ;-)
Valid point ... but you installed the last working version, which then wasn't working either.
So something must have changed in the meantime on your system, that you most likely didn't notice ...
Another Point: for many (all?) other users the program works ok.
If I had that kind of issue, and everything I tried was failed, and I REALLY need the program to run, I'd reset my OS ... Windows 10 has a nice button for that in Settings > Update and Security > Restore
OR you use a VM ;)

Valid point ... but you installed the last working version, which then wasn't working either.
So something must have changed in the meantime on your system, that you most likely didn't notice ...
Another Point: for many (all?) other users the program works ok.
If I had that kind of issue, and everything I tried was failed, and I REALLY need the program to run, I'd reset my OS ... Windows 10 has a nice button for that in Settings > Update and Security > Restore
OR you use a VM ;)
that's the reason why I just installed the VM...because all my other applications just run fine...so no need to go for a reinstall of the entire host.

that's the reason why I just installed the VM...because all my other applications just run fine...so no need to go for a reinstall of the entire host.
I agree with you Florian78. Now just enjoy the program, it's time to build your collection.

well, just as a small hint...AS 1.1.5.5 works again...
I changed nothing on my system besides installing AS 1.1.5.5 and guess what....it's running with GUI for me. So no need for the VM anymore.
Conclusion:
the fix must be done within AS 1.1.5.5 <-- whatever it was... thanks!

I found the problem...why the GUI is not showing up.
When the decimal separator is changed from , to a . the GUI won't show up.
If I change it back...the GUI is working just fine...any idea why this change has such an effect for the GUI?
It is caused when I have to change the language settingsupload_2021-7-27_23-3-34.png

I found the problem...why the GUI is not showing up.
When the decimal separator is changed from , to a . the GUI won't show up.
If I change it back...the GUI is working just fine...any idea why this change has such an effect for the GUI?
It is caused when I have to change the language settingsView attachment 58913
Excellent detective work. I am serious.

Back