• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A PSA for Any Stream, can not be far off.

Watcher0363

For those of us who have purchased AS, it is the closes we will come to owning a boat. Because every time I look at my storage space, I say to myself, time to break out another terabyte. And at the rate I am breaking out terabytes and storage housings, I might as well be honest and say I am breaking out another thousand. According to my download data, AS stream has had a rolling 30 day average of over a terabyte of usage for fourteen days now.

It is a good thing that I only bought a years subscription and hopefully when it comes up for renewal, it will be nearly impossible for me to repurchase. 'Nearly impossible,' being the operative words there, for we addicts will be addicts. Also, hopefully, may the batch download feature be months away or never implemented, because my queue of unnecessary shows to download is long. Sure 'Bewitched' and 'Family Affair' were childhood favorites of mine, but do I really need them on standby. I am old guy now, very soon to be, very old guy. 'Starsky & Hutch' definitely a go, maybe '21 Jump Street', that '3.3 seconds' is one hell of an episode, Johnny Depp at his finest. But the fact that I have the 21 Jump Street spin off, 'Booker,' in my queue, just makes me a sicko.

Where will I be six months from now after seeing an ad for 25 terabyte hard drives? I know, curled up in some corner shaking and mumbling to myself, “I picked the wrong day to give up buying hard drives.”

For those of us who have purchased AS, it is the closes we will come to owning a boat. Because every time I look at my storage space, I say to myself, time to break out another terabyte. And at the rate I am breaking out terabytes and storage housings, I might as well be honest and say I am breaking out another thousand. According to my download data, AS stream has had a rolling 30 day average of over a terabyte of usage for fourteen days now.

It is a good thing that I only bought a years subscription and hopefully when it comes up for renewal, it will be nearly impossible for me to repurchase. 'Nearly impossible,' being the operative words there, for we addicts will be addicts. Also, hopefully, may the batch download feature be months away or never implemented, because my queue of unnecessary shows to download is long. Sure 'Bewitched' and 'Family Affair' were childhood favorites of mine, but do I really need them on standby. I am old guy now, very soon to be, very old guy. 'Starsky & Hutch' definitely a go, maybe '21 Jump Street', that '3.3 seconds' is one hell of an episode, Johnny Depp at his finest. But the fact that I have the 21 Jump Street spin off, 'Booker,' in my queue, just makes me a sicko.

Where will I be six months from now after seeing an ad for 25 terabyte hard drives? I know, curled up in some corner shaking and mumbling to myself, “I picked the wrong day to give up buying hard drives.”
Get a 50 Terabyte NAS and you will fine for a few years. LOL

Get a 50 Terabyte NAS and you will fine for a few years. LOL

I laughed at this initially. But after AS and getting into UHD movies this now seems plausible. :p

There are people here that have already used 10 Terabytes, and the program is not that old..

I currently have a total of about 15TB of space. I am about half full. But that's my whole collection not just AS stuff. But clearly AS did not help :p

EDIT - Also my new found passion for UHD is killing me too!

I currently have a total of about 15TB of space. I am about half full. But that's my whole collection not just AS stuff. But clearly AS did not help :p

15 TB, how quaint.:)

Reactions: DQ

15 TB is a good amount of space. But if you are going to be downloading movies a lot , it gets used up fast,

I'm closing in on 10tb myself and I only deal with HD. Even at 720/1080 it fills up fast.

Yes, yes it does. I am already considering more space. Between AS and my new found hobby of UHD I am eating up space fast! Hence my recent post about compressing UHD but that's part is not going well. :p

When you store everything in lossless, the terabytes fly past like fenceposts in headlights...

When you store everything in lossless, the terabytes fly past like fenceposts in headlights...
If Roy Batty was alive, he would like your post. But on a serious note, I have decide to draw a line in the sand. I am buying one more 4 bay NAS and six 18TB drives. When those are full I am done.

I barely have time to watch the content on DVD/Bluray I do own, along with very carefully chosen streaming content from Netflix/Amazon/Peacock+, downloading even more "stuff" will become a HD space filler.

Actually having a life is just so danged annoying.....

Back