• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AS 1150 Hanging up and Not Responding -- maybe solved now?

lajoes

Just upgraded to AS1150 this morning. The problem that I'm encountering is if I start AS with a DL from AP then click on the NF tab of AS, AS hangs up. I get the little blue circle, and am unable to scroll through the selections on NF or change back to AP tap. That is when I get the 'not responding' notice. Sometimes, if I'm patient enough, it might eventually unhang and start working again on its own.

It has happened on both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

This log is from the 64 bit that eventually started to function again after being left alone for awhile.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.0 -- 1.astlog
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
Here's AS with a DL from just NF. It appears to have stopped and restarted a couple of times.

As it is DL, the little circle would pop up followed by a 'not responding' then it would start up again.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.0 - 3.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.1.5.0-4.astlog
    3 MB · Views: 0
Great, the DL completed. And here's the final log for it, #6.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.0-4.astlog
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.1.5.0 -6.astlog
    7 MB · Views: 0
Sometimes, when there are alot of people using the file it gets slow. At least that's my idea of it. At least it completed.

Here are the logs from those that successfully DL'd.

Attachments

• S.W.A.T.astlog
    7 MB · Views: 0
The unsuccessful one never created a log.

OK, things are really screwed up now guys. AS1150:

DL's taking >1hr,

the DL's would start/stop in spurts,

just hang up,

the screen would flash and then it would 'not responding' message,

every time I click on file the screen would flash and/or I'd get a 'not responding' message.​

I called my internet provider to see if there was a problem with my connection, and they responded 'no' the line checks out. (n)

I uninstalled 1150 and did a clean install. same thing.

I uninstalled 1150 and installed 1140. Now it wont work, it has the same symptoms. :mad:

I uninstalled 1140 and did a clean install of both 1140 & 1150 a couple of times. No good, both are unstable, no matter which license number I plugged in. :banghead:

Are the services fighting back?

Attachments

• squird2.jpg
    squird2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 11
OK, things are really screwed up now guys. AS1150:

DL's taking >1hr,

the DL's would start/stop in spurts,

just hang up,

the screen would flash and then it would 'not responding' message,

every time I click on file the screen would flash and/or I'd get a 'not responding' message.​

I called my internet provider to see if there was a problem with my connection, and they responded 'no' the line checks out. (n)

I uninstalled 1150 and did a clean install. same thing.

I uninstalled 1150 and installed 1140. Now it wont work, it has the same symptoms. :mad:

I uninstalled 1140 and did a clean install of both 1140 & 1150 a couple of times. No good, both are unstable, no matter which license number I plugged in. :banghead:

Are the services fighting back?
Not that I have seen. Create the logfile like Ch3vr0n told you to do. I haven't seen other threads with your issues. Post the logfile. What version is installed now? The not responding message means something is blocking it from downloading, I have using it all afternoon successfully.

Turn off your firewall and try installing 1150 again, and see what happens after a reboot, so we know all the other programs are not running.

Redfox 1, I thought I mentioned that. When I click on 'file' to manually create a log, I get "not responding" message every time. then the entire screen goes white out. and then crashes.

Mmmm....Redfox 1, you're saying that something could be blocking the DL? ....so far, I've thought about IP problems......I'm running 1140 now.....

Mmmm....Redfox 1, you're saying that something could be blocking the DL? ....so far, I've thought about IP problems......I'm running 1140 now.....
Is it working? I really have no idea what your issues are, I am grasping at straws.

No offense, but why push the software like this. Is there some reason people need to be browsing other tabs while something is downloading in a different tab? Is there some reason people need to be downloading things from multiple tabs at the same time? I've seen people mention that as well. I just don't get it. And as far as browsing goes. One can always use a conventional browser instead, especially in cases where AnyStream is actively downloading something. A conventional browser is going to be faster anyway as it doesn't have to determine if there's content that can be downloaded and so forth as AnyStream has to do. Let AnyStream focus on downloading a given stream. Use a conventional browser during those times to browse a different provider's offerings.

Last edited:
Pretty simple. No provider ever carries all content. While some titles sometimes are offered by multiple providers, that's not always true.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No offense, but why push the software like this. Is there some reason people need to be browsing other tabs while something is downloading in a different tab? Is there some reason people need to be downloading things from multiple tabs at the same time? I've seen people mention that as well. I just don't get it. And as far as browsing goes. One can always use a conventional browser instead, especially in cases where AnyStream is actively downloading something. A conventional browser is going to be faster anyway as it doesn't have to determine if there's content that can be downloaded and so forth as AnyStream has to do. Let AnyStream focus on downloading a given stream. Use a conventional browser during those times to browse a different provider's offerings.
In a way I agree with you Lowpro, I never use the dual method download from Netflix and Amazon at the same time, or any other provider (Disney). I am happy if I get a great download, which by the way I do. Some user that runs a lot of background processes is pushing their computers, just my opinion. Lots of people on the forum are using weak laptops. I am not sure that affects anything but, to be honest, I think it might, but I am not a developer, I do not know what it can and can't do, it's just, my feeling. My personal opinion. One download at a time is plenty for me.

OK, I've been doing some trouble shooting that might be interfering with DL's. The only thing that I can figure out is that a couple of days ago, Norton Anti-virus did an update. So, I deleted that software and reinstalled it. I noticed that it had something called a 'smart firewall'. I unchecked it.

I also deleted a malware program called iOrbit Malware Fighter (trial)

For Lowpro and Redfox1, as for dual downloads via AS, I know that will slow it down, but not what I'm experiencing here. For some reason, AS would go into a 'not responding' mode with only one DL going on, either AP or NF. Also, with only one DL going, if I clicked on file in the upper left corner, I would get the 'not responding' message or worse, the 'washed out' screen.

Also, it appears that AP downloads are using a lot of horsepower in the background compared to NF, IMO. The NF DL's are going a lot faster than AP's.

Like I said in another post, I think that is the cost of overcoming AP's DRM.

Back