• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Rage in Placid Lake Issue

rouge_wolf

UPDATE: Bad pressing. I found another copy with a slightly different label that ripped fine.

I've had three different copies of the UK release of this film and they all get a FileIO error at the 71% mark. Three different drives have been tried, none of which have caused me problems with any other discs that don't appear damaged.

I tried DVDFab and clicked ignore on read errors around what seemed like the same point a few times before cancelling the rip since it took ages trying each one.

Is there anything that can be done with AnyDVD, or is this a bad pressing or something like that? Suggestions on how to copy what I can would be great.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.5.0_Info_D_DVDVolume.ziplog
    80.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I think you are talking about read errors.
In this case you can only try to clean the disc, others recommend liquid soap, water and a microfiber cloth.
Even when the disc looks perfectly clean the errors can still appear. But when you can see scratches, then of course they can cause the errors.

I've had three different copies of the UK release of this film and they all get a FileIO error at the 71% mark. Three different drives have been tried, none of which have caused me problems with any other discs that don't appear damaged.

I tried DVDFab and clicked ignore on read errors around what seemed like the same point a few times before cancelling the rip since it took ages trying each one.

Is there anything that can be done with AnyDVD, or is this a bad pressing or something like that? Suggestions on how to copy what I can would be great.
Looks to me like a defective / dirty disc and / or drive. You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled", but I doubt, it will help.

With "always enabled" it said it found / removed 4 bad sector protections but the rip still failed at the same point. Might there be more?

Attachments

80.3 KB · Views: 2
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
With "always enabled" it said it found / removed 4 bad sector protections but the rip still failed at the same point. Might there be more?
Then I guess the only thing is to try to clean the disc as I said (if you not have already done this).
Or you try a third party software like DVDShrink (v3.1/3.2, not the suspicious newer one) and deselect the audio streams, menus and extras you dont want to keep. Maybe the bad point is not inside the main movie but only in something else.

I said I've tried three different copies of the DVD with three different drives, I feel this kind of implies that cleaning may have occurred. ;)

The read error is in a VOB that contains the film unfortunately. Is there any software that will just ignore read errors without a load of retries first? I'm curious to see the result.

Is there any software that will just ignore read errors without a load of retries first? I'm curious to see the result.
I don't think so, at least I never heard of one. But I only use AnyDVD to copy a disc, so that means nothing.

I said I've tried three different copies of the DVD with three different drives, I feel this kind of implies that cleaning may have occurred. ;)

The read error is in a VOB that contains the film unfortunately. Is there any software that will just ignore read errors without a load of retries first? I'm curious to see the result.
You can trial CloneCD or use ImgBurn to see if you can get a DVD image, and then use DVDSHRINK or CloneDVD2 to get a clean DVD image.

Not promising anything, but that's all I got.

It is a defective / dirty disc and / or drive.

Back