• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature request: Embed and save subtitles

SilverArrow

Please add the option to embed and save the srt subtitles at the same time. The embedded subs are a weird tx3g format that is difficult to extract properly to srt. The reason I'm asking for this, I like to archive my downloads with full embedded subtitles as well as external srt.

SRT does not go into MP4, there's literally no way to jam that in. AS uses industry standard.

SRT does not go into MP4, there's literally no way to jam that in. AS uses industry standard.

yes it does. It's called timed text
Code:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_17
how else would AS do it with the "embedded" mode? They're not hardcoded in the video

No it does not, SRT is a format of storing subtitles, MPEG-4 does not support SRT format, instead the subtitles inside MPEG-4 are stored as Timed Text. Don't conflate a way of representing something with the actual something.

Please add the option to embed and save the srt subtitles at the same time. The embedded subs are a weird tx3g format that is difficult to extract properly to srt. The reason I'm asking for this, I like to archive my downloads with full embedded subtitles as well as external srt.

Almost all demuxer can do it easily.
FFmpeg or MKVToolkit have no problem to extract mp4 Timed Text to SRT, or mux SRT into mp4.

(I use myFFmpeg what is an interface for FFmpeg)

Back