• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

sound no picture

Fobia46

I have made a backup that plays beautifully on computer. But when I put the disk in my DVD player I get no picture only sound. Other DVD's play fine so I know the player is OK. What have I done wrong????
Please help!!

ps
I am using trial of CloneDVD and Anydvd

Did you mean you get picture but no sound as your title suggests? If so, all you need to do is use the remote control of your dvd player to select the audio you wish to hear. I'm not sure why this happens but it does from time to time, especially with multi-language dvd's where English is not the first audio language.

I have made a backup that plays beautifully on computer.

Then Clonedvd2 worked.

But when I put the disk in my DVD player I get no picture only sound. Other DVD's play fine so I know the player is OK. What have I done wrong????
Please help!!

This is a likely a compatibility issue between the type of blank media you used and your player (or possibly an issue with how fast you burned).

In the future when you post new threads about problems, please answer these questions (In particular you need to answer 5, 6, and 7 for your current problem:

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2833&postcount=1

Also visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (read #1 and #2 as well) to see if point #3 applies to your situation.

Last edited:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:CMC MAG. AM3]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG. AM3]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]
[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Sys: Windows XP Home 2002 service pack2

Nero says drive is dvd-rom by default

Speed: 8x
Movie Title: "Philadelphia"
Date: 1993

Drive: Samsung SH-S162A (5.1.2535.0)

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:CMC MAG. AM3]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG. AM3]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]
[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

That Manufacturer ID is sold under a lot of different brand names.

I suspect the problem is the blank media quality/compatibility issue with your standalone player. I would try (real) a Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R blank or Verbatim (CMC) instead, and see if the problem goes away.

Last edited:
I have tried several brands of disk including Verbatim. All disk will play on computers and other DVD players and recorders but not my newest a Toshiba SD1600 (this is of course the one in the living room I want to play the disk on).

Apparently the programs are great, the media is good but what is the problem between the Toshiba SD 1600 and the disk - it does however play all other DVD's I have used.

If any one can help it would be greatly appreicated!!!!!!!!!!!!

All disk will play on computers and other DVD players and recorders but not my newest a Toshiba SD1600 (this is of course the one in the living room I want to play the disk on).

Do the originals play on your Toshiba SD1600?

If a real Taiyo Yuden 8x blank (+r should be bitset to "dvd-rom) won't play in that dvd player, then I don't have an answer for you. It's fairly evident to me that since the discs are playing in everything, but that particular player then chances are the issue lies with the player and not Clonedvd.

Yes the originals play fine on the Toshiba!!
I have Verbatim disk.
I know the CloneDVD is working just fine - but iare there some settings or something I can do to make the disk play on the Toshibe SD1600 or somewhere to find how?

Can someone recomend a good but inexpensive stand alone DVD player that you are SURE works with CloneDVD disk?

Thanks

Last edited:
I know the CloneDVD is working just fine - but iare there some settings or something I can do to make the disk play on the Toshibe SD1600 or somewhere to find how?

Not in Clonedvd2

I'm not sure about your specific dvd stanadlone player.

Can someone recomend a good but inexpensive stand alone DVD player that you are SURE works with CloneDVD disk?

It's not a Clonedvd2 burn that's the problem. The problem is a compatibility issue between your standalone player and the blank media you're using. I don't have a recommendation for you about another dvd player, but you can ask in the hardware forums or in the general chat area.

Again, I would suggest trying Taiyo Yuden 8x as these discs generally have a very high compatibility success rate with standalone dvd players.

Back