• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

considering anystream but can't trial it

Mike R.

I tried to test out anystream (I am a long time owner of all other slysoft, now redfox, products) and they all work for me however anystream does not allow me to get a trial license. The error it came back with when requesting a license is something along the lines of can't trial on this type of machine.

I assume that is because it is a vm. I run linux and don't have any actual windows hardware machines so all my stuff that requires windows runs in a vm, including anydvd.

So no big deal on the trial as I trust that anystream is as good as anydvd, however my question is, will anystream actually run under a virtual machine (specifically qemu/kvm) once I purchase it? All other redfox products have run fine in that same vm, but just wanted to make sure before I buy since there is a no refunds policy due to the trial period. Since I can't actually test it I wanted to make sure that wouldn't be an issue once I spend the money.

Thanks in advance. :)

No trial on VM‘s, sorry about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I run AS in a WIndows 10 VM on a QNAP NAS. I also run AnyDVD HD on the same VM with a Bluray drive that is passed through to the VM. Both run great.

I suggest you find somebody with a Windows machine and try it. I know there are many people here using it on a VM successfully but I can’t say they are using it under the same specifications you are

Curious if there's an intentional reason trials won't run on VMs? Is there some kind of concern or is there some issue?

trial abuse, as in users installing in vm, downloading away. delete vm instance, reinstall OS & anystream and get another trial. Rinse & repeat

I run AnyStream in a VMWare Workstation VM. The Host OS is Windows 10. The guest VM OS is also Windows 10.

Thanks everyone. That's exactly what I needed to know. :)

And yea I figured the limitation on the trial in a vm is due to exactly what Ch3vr0n mentioned. It's easy to just get a trial, use it for 20 days or whatever the period is, blow up the vm and redeploy with a new "trial" license. So I wasn't worried about the limitation I just wanted to make sure it would actually run. Since multiple people are running in a vm, all the other stuff runs in my vm, and James says it will work that's about as much proof as I need, lol.

As for a a trial I don't really need one, I trust redfox products to do exactly what they say. I've never had any issues with them at all.

Reactions: DQ
If James says it will work you can believe that it will.

Back