• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can I install the trial on more than one machine?

mkelley

LONG time AnyDVD (even before the company change) buyer/user but I'm interested in AnyStream since Netflix and Amazon Prime are my two paid services and there are a lot of things I'd like to capture before they go away (particularly on NF, which changes content faster than this old man can watch).

Right now I use OBS to screen record off of Netflix but I have to do it on my dual monitor machine because I'm recording one whole HD monitor (which is a PITA). I'd actually like to record off my faster/better 4K machine. So it occurs to me that Anystream might be able to do this, but if I install the trial and it doesn't work at all on that machine can I then try it as well on my dual monitor one?

TIA for any help.

Are you paranoid? Just try and report if you have issues with the trial....

Not paranoid, but if I can only install on one machine I'll install on my dual monitor one (not the one I WANT it on, but at least I can see how it works there). I'm saying this because if the tech to record videos is like my using OBS then it's much more likely it will ONLY work on a machine that has an HD monitor rather than my 4K one.

Not paranoid, but if I can only install on one machine I'll install on my dual monitor one (not the one I WANT it on, but at least I can see how it works there). I'm saying this because if the tech to record videos is like my using OBS then it's much more likely it will ONLY work on a machine that has an HD monitor rather than my 4K one.
It doesn't matter what resolution your montior supports. AnyStream doesn't play anything. AnyStream doesn't record anything. It downloads the files for a given stream (audio/video/subtitles) and puts them in a MP4 container. That's it. Download the software. Install it on whatever machine you want and enjoy.

You only get 10 downloads with the trial if I were you I would use it on the machine that you are going to use

LONG time AnyDVD (even before the company change) buyer/user but I'm interested in AnyStream since Netflix and Amazon Prime are my two paid services and there are a lot of things I'd like to capture before they go away (particularly on NF, which changes content faster than this old man can watch).

Right now I use OBS to screen record off of Netflix but I have to do it on my dual monitor machine because I'm recording one whole HD monitor (which is a PITA). I'd actually like to record off my faster/better 4K machine. So it occurs to me that Anystream might be able to do this, but if I install the trial and it doesn't work at all on that machine can I then try it as well on my dual monitor one?

TIA for any help.
10 downloads per computer per trial

edit: max 31, you get 1 per day if less than 10

Last edited:
10 downloads per computer per trial
Nope, you get an initial 10, and after those have expired 1 per day, for a total of maximum 31 downloads. That's directly from the product page.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nope, you get an initial then, and after those have expired 1 per day, for a total of maximum 31 downloads. That's directly from the product page.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

True, my bad. My point was it's a trial per computer

It doesn't matter what resolution your montior supports. AnyStream doesn't play anything. AnyStream doesn't record anything. It downloads the files for a given stream (audio/video/subtitles) and puts them in a MP4 container. That's it. Download the software. Install it on whatever machine you want and enjoy.
Okay, good, that's the news I needed. I'll give it a shot (if it even works for ONE I'll go ahead and buy it. As I said, I've supported these devs for a long time now and I have no problem supporting them in the future).

Well, it doesn't seem to work anyway, at least on my machine (it has hung up at 2% with 39 seconds to go. For the last 10 minutes or so. I don't know if it's my VPN or not, but I'm not going to stop using my VPN for sure.

Too bad - it looks like it might be perfect for me if it did work.

Well, it doesn't seem to work anyway, at least on my machine (it has hung up at 2% with 39 seconds to go. For the last 10 minutes or so. I don't know if it's my VPN or not, but I'm not going to stop using my VPN for sure.

I've seen many forum posts that discuss the use of AnyStream over a VPN. I'd perform some forum searches. You might find a nugget or two that's helpful. You could also post a log file. I'm sure the powers that be would be happy to have a look at it for you.

VPN is useless especially if you have fiber internet because it will limit your speed so drastically. As long as you aren't playing around with public torrent sites there's zero point in using the VPN.

AnyStream (aka AS) works just fine over VPN. I use it all the time; not every time. You can check out My AnyStream + VPN Guide. Be sure to read it in its entirety and test it out. You don't need to report every hiccup you get, because issues can occur for a variety of reasons, and it's always best to check your environment first.

In fact, I have just over 500 titles attributed to VPN.

Know your own environment before diving in...
  • Disk Cleanup - take out the trash
  • Check Disk - check storage drive health
  • sfc /scannow - check operating system health
  • Memory Diagnostics - check memory health
  • CrystalDiskMark app - used to benchmark your hard drives; it's free in the Microsoft Store.
    • Slow = Slow; Fast = Fast.
  • Speedtest app - also in the Microsoft Store. Run this with your VPN connections to check performance before using AS.
    • For example, I only run AS and Speedtest through NordVPN using the Split tunneling feature. I connect to a country and run the test. I record my results so I know what countries I'll see good, acceptable or bad performance.
There are obviously other resources and videos that cover the above topics... enjoy!

Last edited:
Yeah, with or without my VPN on this just doesn't work - just sticks at around 39%.

I'm actually amazed it works for anyone. My machine is about as plain vanilla as can be, with no special things on it (other than my VPN, which I turned off). The idea is great, but the execution stinks.

Oh, and this machine (BRAND new and as clean as a whistle, with barely four or five apps on it) can't be any better for this (i9 with lighting fast SSD and 4TB+ of free space and 128GB core RAM). So -- I don't get how this works for anyone.

Oh, and this machine (BRAND new and as clean as a whistle, with barely four or five apps on it) can't be any better for this (i9 with lighting fast SSD and 4TB+ of free space and 128GB core RAM). So -- I don't get how this works for anyone.

I'm not sure if you're replying to me, but specs alone doesn't mean "no issues". I take it you already benchmarked your system using my recommendations above?

You also have to consider your Operating System, VPN service, home network, and ISP. Are you in the US?
  1. Have you tried different VPN services?
  2. Have you benchmarked your VPN connections before throwing AS into the equation?
Sounds like you're running a powerhouse system; much newer and more spec'd than mine. But we all know the fastest car doesn't always win the race...
Benchmark your system using my recommendations and then try different VPN providers... free trials are a dime a dozen.
Also, don't run your whole system through VPN... just AS and Speedtest. See my advice above.

Back