• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Executive Suite DVD not fully decrypting in ANYDVD HD (SOLVED)

inosome

Trying to decrypt Executive Suite region 1 and only a few seconds of the WB intro seems to be available...at least that is all that burns to DVD disc using CloneDVD2...am a fairly experienced user and this is only 2nd problem disc in many years...log attached...any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.5.0_Info_E_EXECUTIVE_SUITE.ziplog
    92.1 KB · Views: 3
According to the logfile, that title is riddled with read errors. Anydvd even specifically tells you in the disc status information. Going by the fact that this is a very old title (going back to 2007), this is highly unlikely to be a protection issue. Most likely a dirty and/or defective disc and/or drive.

According to the logfile, that title is riddled with read errors. Anydvd even specifically tells you in the disc status information. Going by the fact that this is a very old title (going back to 2007), this is highly unlikely to be a protection issue. Most likely a dirty and/or defective disc and/or drive.
I am not ruling that out but the funny thing is that the DVD plays perfectly in my DVD and BluRay players but is showing errors, as you pointed out, when scanned on my desktop by ANYDVD HD...have not had this problem with many many other discs...perplexing

There's a very simple reason behind this. Do you ever check ALL menu's and bonus features on a disc for example? There's always a good chance the problematic area is in a menu or a bonus feature, if you only ever play the main title on a standalone player they never even access the problem area. AnyDVD can't do that, its everything or nothing at least when ripping to folders. There may be an exception to that if you rip to image (which is not advised for dvd's) which may allow anydvd to retry or ignore, but that last option will result in missing sectors in the image and the accompanying playback problems.

Thanks for the advice...I will try playing all the disc features on my stand-alone player tonight and see what happens...really appreciate your efforts and will be back.

Clean the disc as good as possible. Wash with liquid soap. Afterwards use a microfiber cloth. If the complete disc can't be ripped, use CloneBD and deselect everything what are (unwanted?) goodies and just rip all essential episodes only.

Good luck!

Clean the disc as good as possible. Wash with liquid soap. Afterwards use a microfiber cloth. If the complete disc can't be ripped, use CloneBD and deselect everything what are (unwanted?) goodies and just rip all essential episodes only.

Good luck!
CloneBD on a DVD? Really?

Thanks for the advice...I will try playing all the disc features on my stand-alone player tonight and see what happens...really appreciate your efforts and will be back.
You can use CloneDVD and just rip the main movie if the errors are in a different part of the disc.

I will try thoroughly cleaning the disc...looks clean and wiped it with micro-fiber cloth but will be more thorough...ANYDVD HD is only showing 12 seconds of video and that is all that CloneDVD2 burned...CloneDVD2 does not show anything other than the 12 seconds when I try to just burn separate tracks...watching the movie on stand-alone player as I type this and it is pkaying flawlessly...have never experienced anything this strange with a disc and Anydvd hd before...will post a screen grab of the scan results tomorrow although that info is probably in the log I originally posted

And ps...thanks to all for helping me with this...much aporeciated

If this fails try DVDisaster software. Freeware and takes forever but this would be the last resort. It has some bugs. Write a PN and we can discuss what has to be adjusted.

Many thanks for all of the ideas and suggestions...your time and courtesy is most appreciated.
As it turned out, the "new" DVD was so full of errors that it performed like a WWII bomber with 3 of 4 engines shot out and the 4th with half of its magnetos not working...the solution was to replace the DVD with a new one and now all is 100%...I am convinced that a significant amount of the goods that pour forth from Amazon are pirated crap passed off as OEM....
Once again, thanks to all.

Back