• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DD+ 2.0 but no AAC 2.0

KPJD53

I downloaded Shameless (UK) season episode 1 via Netflix about 4 to 5 weeks ago, forgot all about and now decided I want to rip the rest of the season.

I now notice that AAC audio is not an option but only DD+.

I have Episode one as AAC 128kbps and would like the rest if the season to be like that.

Has AS changed to not show AAC audio?

I am using AS 1.1.4.0 64Bit

Do I need to upload a log file?

I downloaded Shameless (UK) season episode 1 via Netflix about 4 to 5 weeks ago, forgot all about and now decided I want to rip the rest of the season.

I now notice that AAC audio is not an option but only DD+.

I have Episode one as AAC 128kbps and would like the rest if the season to be like that.

Has AS changed to not show AAC audio?

I am using AS 1.1.4.0 64Bit

Do I need to upload a log file?
yes

Log file attached

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.4.0.astlog
    2 MB · Views: 0
I noticed this as well! But I also tried downgrading to version 1.2 and the set of tracks didn't change, so I think something must have changed server-side.

Yeah, if you need AAC, I would really recommend just downloading DD+, using tsmuxer to batch demux, and useac3to to convert to QAAC in a similar bitrate. 128kbps is quite low.

The fact is now you got a better sound option.
My weird preferred player doesn't support EAC3.

For surround audio where EAC3 always offers substantially better bitrates, I would rather download EAC3 anyway and transcode the audio. But it used to be that for stereo audio, the AAC and EAC3 streams were around the same bitrate, which means downloading the original AAC stream provides substantially better quality than downloading EAC3 and transcoding. (Because transcoding lossy formats always results in quality loss.)

My weird preferred player doesn't support EAC3.

For surround audio where EAC3 always offers substantially better bitrates, I would rather download EAC3 anyway and transcode the audio. But it used to be that for stereo audio, the AAC and EAC3 streams were around the same bitrate, which means downloading the original AAC stream provides substantially better quality than downloading EAC3 and transcoding. (Because transcoding lossy formats always results in quality loss.)
Can you let us know what movie and please always include a logfile.

Can you let us know what movie and please always include a logfile.
I can upload my own logfile after I finish work tonight, but it's exactly the same situation as KPJD53, who already posted a log.

I can upload my own logfile after I finish work tonight, but it's exactly the same situation as KPJD53, who already posted a log.
Sometimes you may think it's the same but it's entirely different. A log file would be appreciated.

The fact is now you got a better sound option.

Its good to have better sound but I tend to have audio issues with DD when using plex (preferred player). When using AAC plex has no issues.

I would use Kodi but I do not like the GUI and I have tried different skins but they are not good at all.

Its good to have better sound but I tend to have audio issues with DD when using plex (preferred player). When using AAC plex has no issues.

I would use Kodi but I do not like the GUI and I have tried different skins but they are not good at all.

I find your statement a bit strange. You want Anystream to be taylored to circumvent your Plex issues. Usually users find ways to accomodate their downloads by remuxing or whatsoever so that their downloads fit their environment for playing back. Do you think this software should fix remotely all of all users setup problems with Kodi, Plex etc.?

Plex having issues with DD+ is not an accurate statement. Plex supports every version of Dolby audio and every version of DTS.

I suspect that it is your media streamer that is the issue. It must be really really old if you can only use AAC.

"Handbags"

Calm down ladies. I have an issue with DD audio. No big deal. I was just curious to as why AS now only shows DD for a particular show but an older version of AS gives me AAC.

Someone suggested the plex add-on via kodi which I will try.

"Handbags"

Calm down ladies. I have an issue with DD audio. No big deal. I was just curious to as why AS now only shows DD for a particular show but an older version of AS gives me AAC.

Someone suggested the plex add-on via kodi which I will try.

Once again Plex supports AC3, EAC3, TrueHD so there's no reason for that audio format to be a problem. Not to mention, AAC is just absolutely terrible. If you are using a Roku that will always be the source of your problem. Get a fire stick, fire cube or Nvidia shield.

Back