• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 8 officially released

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
It's here! A 177 MB download for the English-only release. No more 1 GB download for the naughty people who already had it. Tsk tsk. ;)

It's here! A 177 MB download for the English-only release. No more 1 GB download for the naughty people who already had it. Tsk tsk. ;)

Thanks, I was getting P***ed that I didn't recieve my email but I logged in and there was my serial. :D

Thanks, I was getting P***ed that I didn't recieve my email but I logged in and there was my serial. :D

I did the same thing. I saw it earlier in the day as I was going out and logged into my account at the website downloaded the installer and grabbed my serial. I was irritated that I got no email but I just checked and the email did arrive but not until hours later.

Install took awhile but when doesn't that happen with Nero? ;)

Is it a free upgrade for the people who have 7??

No. But earlier users of v5, 6 and 7 received an email offer weeks ago to upgrade at a reduced price. We didn't get our new serial until Nero 8 was officially released though. So, I had no serial for Nero 8 even though I paid for it weeks ago until today.

I did the same thing. I saw it earlier in the day as I was going out and logged into my account at the website downloaded the installer and grabbed my serial. I was irritated that I got no email but I just checked and the email did arrive but not until hours later.

Install took awhile but when doesn't that happen with Nero? ;)

Thank god anydvd and CloneDVD2 don't take this long. :D The install is just as bad as if you did install the whole 1 gig. LOL

No. But earlier users of v5, 6 and 7 received an email offer weeks ago to upgrade at a reduced price. We didn't get our new serial until Nero 8 was officially released though. So, I had no serial for Nero 8 even though I paid for it weeks ago until today.

Yes wasn't that irritating least they could of done was email the stupid serial so when it was on the site just grab and go.

Thank god anydvd and CloneDVD2 don't take this long. :D The install is just as bad as if you did install the whole 1 gig. LOL

Yeah, and of course Nero 7 has to be removed... So you actually had the amount of time for the uninstall of Nero 7, a reboot, Nero 8 being installed and then another reboot. Fun fun. I can't possibly think of a more enjoyable way to spend my time. ;)

Yes wasn't that irritating least they could of done was email the stupid serial so when it was on the site just grab and go.

They probably staggered the emailing of the serials so that hopefully everyone wasn't hammering their servers at once. Nero has a history of abysmal servers when it comes to downloading updates and considering the installers are so big it can be a nightmare at times. With this being the official release of Nero 8 I won't be surprised if their servers choke.

I got mine in about 10 minutes to download, still no email though, Oh well least I have it now. There is a few new things now added it seems.

Hi :)
Not all who had this were naughty people. :disagree:
Not only did it include all languages, but the help files too. :agree:

The nice thing if you are naughty and try to use the recode part it tells you to buy it as the serial(s) are not legal :D. I have the full install but was waiting on the official as I needed my serial.

The 177mbs is only the installer, the actual program is over 500mbs.:agree:

Typical of Americans.
My Nero 8 is only 379 MBs.

Hi
Not all who had this were naughty people. :disagree:
Not only did it include all languages, but the help files too. :agree:

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that all people who had the large installer were naughty but I do know that that very mammoth installer was readily available online in less than smiled upon ways. Some people had it legitimately while many others did not. It's been for sale in stores for awhile, as well, which I find rather irritating since I had to wait.

The nice thing if you are naughty and try to use the recode part it tells you to buy it as the serial(s) are not legal. I have the full install but was waiting on the official as I needed my serial.

I had no reason to jump the gun. I just waited til I got my serial. I figured I'd rather just wait for the absolutely official release with my serial. :) Nero 7 was functioning well enough in the meantime.

The 177mbs is only the installer, the actual program is over 500mbs.

Of course, but we all know Nero is a mammoth install, sadly. I always archive installers of my programs so I can roll back if needed. I just can't stand keeping an archive of older Nero installers with each one running around 200 MB. I now just have the last release of Nero 6, last release of Nero 7 and now Nero 8 archived. I love most of the included programs in the suite so I can live with the size of the installer and install.

So far I am pleased with Nero 8. Time will tell.

Typical of Americans.
My Nero 8 is only 379 MBs.

My install is 421 MB on my HDD. I didn't install a number of items.

I am happy to see that Nero InfoTool 5 doesn't crash when I run it. I haven't been able to use InfoTool for ages for some reason.

Not one of you jerks had the decent sense to PM me to let me know it was out?! SNIFF SNIFF. :D LOL! Installing we shall go. Oh, wait, Nero 7 is telling me something about rebooting. BLEEP BLEEPIT! :) I love Nero products...really I do.

Not one of you jerks had the decent sense to PM me to let me know it was out?! SNIFF SNIFF. :D LOL! Installing we shall go. Oh, wait, Nero 7 is telling me something about rebooting. BLEEP BLEEPIT! :) I love Nero products...really I do.

Actually, I was going to PM you but then I figured I had posted it to the forum so you should see it unless yer blind. ;)

DrinkLyeAndDie & I were out in the cold as well till we logged into Nero to see. :D

Actually, I was going to PM you but then I figured I had posted it to the forum so you should see it unless yer blind. ;)

I hadn't even thought about it tbh. I was waiting for the official Nero email that I still haven't received. Given my experience with buying version 6, I didn't expect much. I bought 7 much later so that was instantaneous, but, 6 was a nightmare. And it seems nice. I want to test out something with Recode and 6.1.7.5...

Yeaaaa. I still can't open Blade HoC with Recode from Nero 8. I know at least one person in this thread who has claimed to do so. :) I get the exact same error as with Recode from Nero 7. The more things change the more they stay the same I guess.

Back