• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AS 1.1.4.0

This is an issue with a lot of the new titles on Amazon Prime
Apparently so. I wouldn't have thought much about it, but given there was a known issue with resolution I didn't know if there was something similar with audio.

I would still expect to see the surround option over the stereo ones since I have that preference checked.

Apparently so. I wouldn't have thought much about it, but given there was a known issue with resolution I didn't know if there was something similar with audio.

I would still expect to see the surround option over the stereo ones since I have that preference checked.
My surround sound works perfectly. Plus it's in 1080P, unlike other programs.

My surround sound works perfectly. Plus it's in 1080P, unlike other programs.
Yes, I can download that title with surround sound, but it I had to manually choose it. I would expect it to be the default option if I have that preference checked in my program settings.

It seems to be following the highest bitrate as the preference instead.

This is an issue with a lot of the new titles on Amazon Prime. If you select any of the other languages for the title you'll see that the highest bitrate available is "640 kbps DD+,5.1" but the highest available for English is "224 kbps DD+ stereo". The specific example you cited, Solos, doesn't have any other languages available but if you look at other titles like Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, Panic, or P!nk: All I Know So Far you can see this is the case. Older titles however like The Boys don't have the same issue and the 640 kbps option is available.
its becuase of <snip - technical info> I think DDP5.1 for The Boys, Jack Ryan Etc etc etc etc are only available with the 4k files not 1080p files and because we cant get 4k files we cant get DDP5.1 640kps

Yes, I can download that title with surround sound, but it I had to manually choose it. I would expect it to be the default option if I have that preference checked in my program settings.

Well, put the checkmark if you want SS and you have no problems, sometimes I just want stereo, why should SS be the default? It's really not too much to ask. Variety is the spice of life.

It's not even worth the effort on this forum. Every technical issue is dismissed with some variation on "it's not a problem for me so why do you care considering how lucky you are to have access to such a wonderful program in the first place?"

It's not even worth the effort on this forum. Every technical issue is dismissed with some variation on "it's not a problem for me so why do you care considering how lucky you are to have access to such a wonderful program in the first place?"
Correct. The devs work very hard to make this program the best it can be, no other program compares to it, 90% are screen recorders, and the ones that do download only give you 720P, and they are more expensive to boot. Redfox is top shelf for all programs they deliver. We are happy you are part of the project.

why should SS be the default? It's really not too much to ask
I'm not saying SS is the more righteous option. I'm saying that the program has an option in the settings to make SS the default and it doesn't always work.

upload_2021-6-1_11-59-18.png

I'm not bitching. I'm bringing it up because I know you guys DO want to make the best product out there!

Audio tracks are sorted by the bitrate. The checkbox in the settings only tells AnyStream whether to include SS in the list or not.
OK, thank you!

This does remind me of an old request for CloneBD though. I had asked long ago if we will ever get the ability to include multiple audio tracks. Say for example you wanted to include both surround and stereo when you ripped your media as you can with MakeMKV. I don't recall who responded to that, but said something to the effect of it shouldn't be a big deal to do. Not sure if that ever went anywhere or not, but it makes me wonder if that is possible here in AnyStream? Instead of a drop down can it be check boxes with the ability to choose multiple streams?

Again, not complaining......just asking!

Last edited:
I'm not saying SS is the more righteous option. I'm saying that the program has an option in the settings to make SS the default and it doesn't always work.

View attachment 57517

I'm not bitching. I'm bringing it up because I know you guys DO want to make the best product out there!

It does work. The issue is that for specific newer Amazon Prime titles, there is no 640 kbps DD+ 5.1 option when the language is set to English and so it is defaulting the highest available quality which is stereo.

These examples are from Tom Clancy's WIthout Remorse, if the language is changed to anything besides American English you have the option of selecting a higher quality 5.1 audio track but it's not available for the default English language setting.

american english.PNG audio description.PNG deutsch.PNG french.PNG

It does work. The issue is that for specific newer Amazon Prime titles, there is no 640 kbps DD+ 5.1 option when the language is set to English and so it is defaulting the highest available quality which is stereo.

These examples are from Tom Clancy's WIthout Remorse, if the language is changed to anything besides American English you have the option of selecting a higher quality 5.1 audio track but it's not available for the default English language setting.
I understand that and I'm not trying to argue nor am I complaining about the program. It's awesome!

All I'm saying is that there is an option in the settings that says "surround sound (when available) INSTEAD of stereo". It didn't say "surround sound unless a higher bitrate stereo track was available".

upload_2021-6-1_11-59-18-png.57517

So it's not doing what I interpreted the option to mean. It may be just a misunderstanding on my part about how the word "instead" was used, but I took it to mean that if there was a surround sound option, that because of the word "instead," surround sound would become the default audio track on downloads. @Prospere was kind enough to jump in and explain what what is intended by that option and I'm fine with that.

Again, I'm not bitching. I thank all the devs for their work on this! After AnyDVD-HD and MKVToolsNix this is probably the most useful program I have and use on my HTPC!

You're a bit paranoid arent you? If you're afraid of leaking "sensitive" info, you shouldn't be on any device connected to the internet. Your IP alone is public info and get already give ppl a rough location of where you are. Then there's your username. This took me a whopping 5 seconds to find

[removed]

Any of this you? Don't even get me started on your IP address. Located somewhere in the [removed by Ivan] area? (and yes i took the liberty of my mod access here to pull up your IP, don't worry not gonna do anything with it)

Then there's this claim of yours

First, they have to know anystream exists to even finds its forum. Then there's your assumption that just because there's a couple problems with a software application, all of a sudden some random website/product they never heard of suddenly becomes the nr 1 problem to investigate. Then you assume ppl use the same username, e-mailaddresses etc on a forum, as they do with streaming providers.

Bit of a presumptuous stretch don't you think?

This isn't very cool. You're essentially doxxing this user publicly. This should not be allowed, and is honestly worrisome that a moderator is making posts like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't very cool. You're essentially doxxing this user publicly. This should not be allowed, and is honestly worrisome that a moderator is making posts like this.

No. Doxing is releasing personal info not a public search of which anyone can do at any time. None of that is even confirmed to be the same person, it was just a simple search.

No. Doxing is releasing personal info not a public search of which anyone can do at any time. None of that is even confirmed to be the same person, it was just a simple search.

Any of this you? Don't even get me started on your IP address. Located somewhere in the Edison, NJ, USA area?

Yes. This is a form of doxxing. And as I said, very worrisome for users that create accounts on this forum to know that moderators will post things like that.

Yes. This is a form of doxxing. And as I said, very worrisome for users that create accounts on this forum to know that moderators will post things like that.

No it's not. He did not release his IP is was just the Geo info off of that IP. And that stuff is so often so wrong as to be useless for anything except to possibly identify the country of origin and it's wrong for that sometimes too.

You are completely over reacting to a Google search and a bit of info that means almost nothing.

Back