• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error during initialization

Dumbi

I get the error message "Stream initialization failed. Cannot proceed with the download."

Using AS 1.1.4 within AZN and the series The Mentalist, S3E5. Hope the log helps :)

I get the error message "Stream initialization failed. Cannot proceed with the download."

Using AS 1.1.4 within AZN and the series The Mentalist, S3E5. Hope the log helps :)
Now close the program in the Task Manager and try again, or do it the right way and reboot and try again., let me know how you make out.

After closing and reopening AS, the download works fine. However, the log might help still, since something was messed up before reopening.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have to correct. The download starts, but freezes after a second. Log message still says an error in init. New log attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.4.0_still_errors.astlog
    310.8 KB · Views: 2
After closing and reopening AS, the download works fine. However, the log might help still, since something was messed up before reopening.

Thanks!
The program was open during installation, you posted a logfile so now that its working splendidly for you, be happy and enjoy the program.

The program was open during installation, you posted a logfile so now that its working splendidly for you, be happy and enjoy the program.

The downloads worked nicely after installation, so no - the program was not open during installation.

And as edited above, unfortunately, there is still an issue.

I tried a different series and there the download works still fine. So might be something specific to some episodes.

I get the error above with The Mentalist Season 3, Epsiode 5 and 6. S1, S2 and S3 E1-E4 worked fine as well.

@Dumbi The problem is a bit different this time. Although, you do have that init failure in the log, this is resolved with a retry. The rest is SSL related and we are still investigating this.

@Dumbi The problem is a bit different this time. Although, you do have that init failure in the log, this is resolved with a retry. The rest is SSL related and we are still investigating this.
Thanks for your reply. Good to know that you're investigating the problem. Let me know if I should provide more log files or anything else.

v1.1.4.0
I get the same message with Netlix: The Siege (1998)

Sometimes the download starts, but stalls after some megs.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.4.0.astlog
    230.4 KB · Views: 1
I chatted with Prospere yesterday and he found the reason for the error (as far as I understood). So I think it will be fixed soon :sneaky:

Yes, please try version 1.1.4.1, should specifically address this problem.

Thanks a lot! The new version fixes the error.

The episodes download perfectly, but the log still prints some (for me) untypical messages like "unexpected response code", "error receiving fragment" and some retries for the fragments. In case this is anything to investigate, I attach the logfile.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.4.1.astlog
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
v1.1.4.1
I still get the error message "Stream initialization failed. ..."

Netflix: The Siege (1998)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.4.1.astlog
    230.9 KB · Views: 3
I've checked some other titles on AMZ where there is no error anymore.

Seems to be specific to the download with Flix then...

EDIT: Actually, there might be two separate problems. One of them is an SSL error, which seems to be fixed, at least for AMZ on my end. A second issue is the Stream initialization error which also @nochzunennen reported. I just got the error again (log attached). On my side, it helped to restart AS, after closing and reopening the download worked as it should.

Last edited:
@Dumbi is there any difference between the 1.1.4.1 and the custom build I sent you before?

Back