• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying Interactive DVDs, why so difficult

JohnnySH

Hello Guys

OK let me say I think ANYDVD is by far the best and most professional solution for archiving film DVDs, I am very impressed with the results and have been a long time customer of CLONE CD / CLONE DVD and AnyDvd when they were elaborate bytes, So I have been on a long journey...

The only thing AnyDVD can not do well, is archive/backup some of my tricky interactive DVDs to ISO image

These below are problematic to archive ??

1) Play Your Card Right DVD
2) Telly Addicts 2 DVD

I also have a few more...

I have tried a few programs but none of them seem to work

AnyDvd shows better signs at the start when launching the ISO and playing in Power DVD, but half way through the game, odd things happen that don't when playing the DVD

Just wondered if there were any settings I should change in ANYDVD when ripping to ISO as at the moment I have left everything on default as I do for ripping DVD films

Maybe I am expecting too much from AnyDVD, but would be great if I could archive these interactive DVDs

Thank you for any help in advance

John

As AnyDVD is not generally to be used to rip a DVD to iso (and you get a warning when you do), you might be better served to use CloneDVD or CloneCD to make the iso. A lot has to do with what is on the DVD. An AnyDVD log would be needed if you want a developer to have a look.

As AnyDVD is not generally to be used to rip a DVD to iso
Can you tell me whats this about? I always use AnyDVD to backup DVDs as iso and I have no issues. No, I haven't watched many of them, but when I needed to convert something it always went fine. And I'm using it for years now.

Can you tell me whats this about? I always use AnyDVD to backup DVDs as iso and I have no issues. No, I haven't watched many
of them, but when I needed to convert something it always went fine. And I'm using it for years now.

I agree, I too also use rip to image (ISO) in AnyDVD and play the image back in Power DVD player and have no issues, it works flawlessly, and plays back faster in Power DVD than iso's generated in other ripping software (WinX DVD) & DVDFab etc

All rippers to ISO work, but with AnyDvd Rip to ISO, the film launches quicker by a second or two when watching in Power DVD, so I have NO complaints about the DVD to ISO rip in AnyDVD

not sure what all the warning / fuss is about with anydvd Rip to Iso either

regards

In addition, it is called AnyDVD, so why should there be an issue? And why I get not warning when I rip the DVD to Folder (at least I did this years ago before I went to iso and can't remeber a warning)? Where is the difference?

Hello Guys

OK let me say I think ANYDVD is by far the best and most professional solution for archiving film DVDs, I am very impressed with the results and have been a long time customer of CLONE CD / CLONE DVD and AnyDvd when they were elaborate bytes, So I have been on a long journey...

The only thing AnyDVD can not do well, is archive/backup some of my tricky interactive DVDs to ISO image

These below are problematic to archive ??

1) Play Your Card Right DVD
2) Telly Addicts 2 DVD

I also have a few more...

I have tried a few programs but none of them seem to work

AnyDvd shows better signs at the start when launching the ISO and playing in Power DVD, but half way through the game, odd things happen that don't when playing the DVD

Just wondered if there were any settings I should change in ANYDVD when ripping to ISO as at the moment I have left everything on default as I do for ripping DVD films

Maybe I am expecting too much from AnyDVD, but would be great if I could archive these interactive DVDs

Thank you for any help in advance

John
Please post AnyDVD logfiles.

Here is one of the log files for Telly Addicts 2 DVD that will not image

Regards

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_F_TA2_500_DES.ziplog
    606.6 KB · Views: 1
In addition, it is called AnyDVD, so why should there be an issue? And why I get not warning when I rip the DVD to Folder (at least I did this years ago before I went to iso and can't remeber a warning)? Where is the difference?

Simple. Such dvd's arent normal DVD's, they're in whats called "Mixed Mode", which consists of a video portion (anydvd can read/interpret/rip) and a DATA portion. I believe they don't use a standard Mode2 file TOC or UDF 1.02 filesystem. Then there's the issue that nowhere on the product page states anydvd supports such discs, or dvd's with a data portion.

Such dvd's arent normal DVD's,
Are you referring to the OPs interactive DVDs or to a standard movie DVD?
Because I talk about a standard DVD.

or dvd's with a data portion.
I think I had some DVDs with additional data in the past (I haven't watched of course), but they ripped to iso without an issue.

Here is another log file of play your card right interactive DVD that also will not image correctly

Thank you

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_F_PYCR-UK_DES.ziplog
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Regards

Here is another log file of play your card right that also will not image

Thank you

You're using a severely outdated SLYSOSFT based anyDVD version (7695). Slysoft is dead, it's OPD is dead you may need to update for anydvd to properly handle that disc. NOTE: SLYSOFT keys do NOT work with anydvd v8.0.0.0 and above! You will need a new license key

Regards
Try to disable "copy protection based on ...". And consider buying a new AnyDVD license.

Hello

Thank you for your reply

I did try the trial with the new version, still no joy, so no point in purchasing newer version, if it still can not image these dvds, though will try your switch option

thanks

Sadly this did not work

read error when this option unticked

Error reading from drive F:!
Sectors: 992-1023
Sectors: 1024-1055

So given up with expecting And DVD to succeed imaging this type of DVD

Don't know why these interactive DVDs are so hard to image, why can't you do a bit for bit image of the disc, guess it all about the protection ?

Can you tell me whats this about? I always use AnyDVD to backup DVDs as iso and I have no issues. No, I haven't watched many of them, but when I needed to convert something it always went fine. And I'm using it for years now.
From the Global FAQ:
5. When should I use "rip to image"?

a) With DVDs do NOT use that option in AnyDVD unless for "play" only. It is reserved for BluRays only. Use ImgBurn or CloneDVD2 for DVD ISO w/ AnyDVD in the background.
b) If you just want to mount an .iso in Virtual Clonedrive and watch the movie, then use ImgBurn.

The resulting rip from dvds containing structural protection when using "rip to image" may not be compliant with a lot of third party programs. So "rip to video-dvd to hardisk" is preferable. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

For Blu-rays it doesn't mattter. For dvds, it can matter (a lot).

Don't know why these interactive DVDs are so hard to image, why can't you do a bit for bit image of the disc, guess it all about the protection ?
CloneCD works pretty well with mixed DVDs and has an iso function. You can ignore it or try it. You said in your initial post you had it.

Back