• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone Need to Attend AA Meetings?

zero269

I'm sure I'm not the only one here that needs to attend AA meetings.

Suffering the loss of APV HD content has effected some of us more than others. But (there's always a but) we will not give up hope and fall off the wagon!

Some of us may find ways to cope with this loss, and some like myself have resorted to actually searching out shows in SD... to fill some HD gaps. I mean really, how low can we go!?

So, if you attend an AA meeting in your area, and some idiot actually has the nerve to ask, "What in the world is AnyStream?" Don't resort to violence, name calling, mumbling, or out of control gibberish. Just rip off your government mandated mask and storm out of there! They can't help you! No one can!

I know this is tongue-and-cheek, but some people should really consider stepping away from their computers for a couple of days.

...or, go the other direction, and feed your obsession with a setup that is more labor-intensive but difficult/impossible to break, like one based around an HDCP stripper and capture card.

Last edited:
I’ve found alternates to keep feeding my habit.

This prompted my searches to shift to VPN for NF (often SD+ rather than HD) and D+ (pretty reliably HD). If extra AS tokens are available, I got to older TV series that aren’t available in HD.

I just hope APV is back in HD for the new June titles.

HD must return, but in the meantime ive discovered the beauty of 540p. takes 20-40% less space than 720p, and still looks decent. latest obsession: cutthroat kitchen. 14 seasons, 13-18 episodes each. 600-800mb per episode, waay less than 720p, i think all 14 seasons might take less than 130gb. not too shabby. i never went 1080p for tv series, they take just too much space. unless its something snazzy, lol. anyways, 540p is noice atm. but... b-but... yeah, HD must be brought back! lol. cheers!

Yeah, after I got done adding the metadata to all the HD movies that I previously downloaded, I started concentrating on the SD-only movie downloads that are in my AZ My stuff. When I get done going down that road, I'll make a decision on how to proceed from there.. Cheers

With HD not available on AP I am not really interested in stuff there but I still snag the occasional title from the other 2 when I can find it in decent quality. But I snagged a lot of old favorites while we had it so I am happy with the lifetime purchase either way.

I almost hope we never get season queueing because that will be tempting ! :p

Unfortunately I singed on to Netflix for one month. Problem is, none of the content from Netflix streams well from my qnap. About every 12 minutes the picture freezes for like two minutes then starts playing again. The stuff from Amazon on the same drives no problem. Good thing that download limit kicked end, saved me from having hundreds and hundreds of bad palying content. So I will go back to my sd television series of the 60's, 70's, and 80's from Amazon. As someone else mentioned that 540 is not bad at all, so Dallas and Charlie's Angels, here I come.

As someone else mentioned that 540 is not bad at all, so Dallas and Charlie's Angels, here I come.

ahem. forgot to mention that 540p is acceptable for newer content. these old tv series are a rollercoaster of good, bad and the ugly content. some series get a well done conversion to digital. others not so much. take britbox on prime channels. sometimes the job is done properly, but more often than not its just done sloppy. aliasing, warped picture (last time i watched the cult series 'only fools and horses' i was astonished what a crappy job whoever was taksed of converting the source material for britbox did - literally wobbly picture when camera pans), interlacing, blockiness etc. so, be warned. anything newer, source material recorded digitally, 540p is acceptable. older, analog, stuff... hit and miss. which is a shame. 'crime story', '3rd rock from the sun', older bcc comedy series... they all deserve better treatment. actually, its a crime with what streming providers get away with. lol. cheers!

Here's a wild idea. Just stream 1080p content from Amazon until we once again have the ability to download the given 1080p stream. You know. Like actually watch the given 1080p stream. You don't have to download it first before you can watch it. Better yet, watch a few things you've already downloaded. Try this on for size even. If the given 1080p presentation is available on Blu-ray purchase or rent it. And if all else fails, read a book. Go outside and get some fresh air. Spend less time here on the forums talking about how 1080p streams from Amazon can't be downloaded right now and instead go live your life. Tomorrow is promised to no one. RedFox will crack the code before you know it. It's what they do.

Here's a wild idea. Just stream 1080p content from Amazon until we once again have the ability to download the given 1080p stream. You know. Like actually watch the given 1080p stream. You don't have to download it first before you can watch it. Better yet, watch a few things you've already downloaded. Try this on for size even. If the given 1080p presentation is available on Blu-ray purchase or rent it. And if all else fails, read a book. Go outside and get some fresh air. Spend less time here on the forums talking about how 1080p streams from Amazon can't be downloaded right now and instead go live your life. Tomorrow is promised to no one. RedFox will crack the code before you know it. It's what they do.
I have problems and demons. I go to sleep late, and wake up early to stay ahead of them. Problem is, I keep running into them, because they are always in front of me. Not to mention, that when I go and live my life. I tend to do stupid things like reformat a drive with 9 terabytes of video content. Yeah, boy howdy, yeah.

I have problems and demons. I go to sleep late, and wake up early to stay ahead of them. Problem is, I keep running into them, because they are always in front of me. Not to mention, that when I go and live my life. I tend to do stupid things like reformat a drive with 9 terabytes of video content. Yeah, boy howdy, yeah.
That's what people don't understand....I live my life a clean, crisp 1080p Amazon stream at a time. Nothing else matters, not the mortgage, not my business, not my team and all their bs, for those 10 minutes or less I'm free.

Unfortunately I singed on to Netflix for one month. Problem is, none of the content from Netflix streams well from my qnap. About every 12 minutes the picture freezes for like two minutes then starts playing again. The stuff from Amazon on the same drives no problem. Good thing that download limit kicked end, saved me from having hundreds and hundreds of bad palying content. So I will go back to my sd television series of the 60's, 70's, and 80's from Amazon. As someone else mentioned that 540 is not bad at all, so Dallas and Charlie's Angels, here I come.

Are you streaming through Plex from your Qnap? If so, I had a similar problem until I set the plex settings on my firestick to 2.1 stereo rather than the 6.1 default.

... Problem is, none of the content from Netflix streams well from my qnap. About every 12 minutes the picture freezes for like two minutes then starts playing again. The stuff from Amazon on the same drives no problem.

I've had a lot of problems with the muxing produced by anystream having glitchy playback with plex, mostly the amazon provider. On a server that has no problems with 100+mbps UHD streams. Passing the content through mkvmerge fixes the problem.

Back