• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix is taking ages to download on unlimited speed.

Wizard34

Last night i started to download a Netflix tv series and it will take so super long still is i have anystream set on to unlimited speed nothing has been changed i am running 1.3.2 i do not use any firewall on my desktop cause it messes up my ftp i use. My internet speed is 200mps. This just started last night during the week everything downloads so fast. I just tested my speed is 235 download speed. Is Netflix throttling the speed after i downloaded during the week? Sometimes it wont even download it just sits there. Last night i aborted a downloaded and restarted it and it started but it just craws on the downloads now. if anyone in the us wants to try the show its A Series of Unfortunate Events. I am in the us i do not use any vpn with anystream.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.3.2.astlog
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
With half hour less than a minute with my speed. A hour show it usually is done in 2 mins or so. Now it will just sometimes take a very long time to start and when it does start downloading.. I download 1080p whenever i can get them. I mean my spectrum speed is 200mpbs per sec. I'm stumped at this i even last night i rebooted my router and modem. If i download say something on youtube its its done quick. But with anystream and netflix i don't know. I doubt a uninstall and reinstall of anystream would fix the issue. But ill try. I did a uninstall of it and reinstalled the latest version and it stalls and time left 1min 29 left still saids 15% it just sits there i have to stop it and restart the download then it finishes.

Last edited:
With half hour less than a minute with my speed. A hour show it usually is done in 2 mins or so. Now it will just sometimes take a very long time to start and when it does start downloading.. I download 1080p whenever i can get them. I mean my spectrum speed is 200mpbs per sec. I'm stumped at this i even last night i rebooted my router and modem. If i download say something on youtube its its done quick. But with anystream and netflix i don't know. I doubt a uninstall and reinstall of anystream would fix the issue. But ill try. I did a uninstall of it and reinstalled the latest version and it stalls and time left 1min 29 left still saids 15% it just sits there i have to stop it and restart the download then it finishes.
Your downloading speed from Spectrum doesn't mean anything. My download speed from my provider is 900MBs, but the computer that can download that fast has not been made yet. You are lucky if you get between 5 and 10mbs.

Here's a long for the latest beta incase you need it.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.3.3.astlog
    847.9 KB · Views: 1
Didn't know that. It just is stalling on anything now even half hour shows i tried. Or any shows i tried. It stalls then sometimes it will download like 12 mins later it will finish.

Didn't know that. It just is stalling on anything now even half hour shows i tried. Or any shows i tried. It stalls then sometimes it will download like 12 mins later it will finish.
Are you using a laptop or a destop, can you monitor your heat? What else are doing when you are downloading?

Desktop no my monitor cant heat and yes i had it set always to unlimited. When i use anystream i do not download well i use anystream. I did a uninstall and reinstall of 1.1.3.3 And by default its set to fast 4x But still craws for my end. When i use anystream going i keep chrome opened. But i even closed chrome before on anystream to see if chrome is causing my issue its not. anystream downloads same weather chrome is opened or closed. I do use wd my cloud servers but its not them.

Maybe the developer can see something n the log you posted. I am no that good at reading them, it's always good to post one if you are having any issue, this sounds like a computer issue, but again, I am not an expert computer guy, I can only help you so much if I am not in front of your computer. I really am sorry you are having these issues. I will keep looking for a reason this might happen.

There is more to a good connection than just raw speed or a potential speed. Some things are more sensitive to latency, broken connections, retires etc.

I honestly do not know this for a fact, but I will say in my experience it seems AS is a little more sensitive than just pulling down your typical stream.

My point here being I suggest digging a little deeper into your network. You might try running a speed test at Ookla just to see what it comes back with. Understand that only measures available bandwidth so only run that when nothing is going on within your network.
-> https://www.speedtest.net

That site does provide a latency number, but as a measuring stick I often times like to ping Googles DNS at 8.8.8.8 to see what it comes back with. For example I normally get about 16ms on that from my PC. So I know if I see that number spike way up that something is wrong.

Sometimes routers, especially older/cheaper ones, will not handle the speed your connection is running at. And on that note often times a firmware update from time to time is ALWAYS a good idea for those.

If this is a connection related issue (and not a PC related one) I would suspect that your connections are getting broken. This would not bother regular stuff so much but something that is more sensitive it would. This is more common on things like cellular and satellite. But you said Spectrum so I am assuming cable. So I would suspect one of the tests above to show something. If everything checks out clean I would say it's really leaning to PC issues.

Everything I mention above is good to do anyway from time to time to check up on the health of your connection so none of that is a waste. But the best way to solve the mystery is provide a log file with the latest version as RF1 mentioned.

Thanks for the information my desktop is ethernet i forgot to mention that. Anystream always downloaded very fast i use to get like a half hour show in like 30 secs. Now just recenetly dont get even near that. I did check my download speed as anystream downloads it barely touches my speed. The modem was just upgraded by spectrum to handle 200 cause thats what they offer now as basic plan. i downloaded just a program i got full speed my connection allows. I tested it as anystream downloads it doesn't even use it at all. And my log is posted few posts up. So i do not get what's going on.

There is more to a good connection than just raw speed or a potential speed. Some things are more sensitive to latency, broken connections, retires etc.

I honestly do not know this for a fact, but I will say in my experience it seems AS is a little more sensitive than just pulling down your typical stream.

My point here being I suggest digging a little deeper into your network. You might try running a speed test at Ookla just to see what it comes back with. Understand that only measures available bandwidth so only run that when nothing is going on within your network.
-> https://www.speedtest.net

That site does provide a latency number, but as a measuring stick I often times like to ping Googles DNS at 8.8.8.8 to see what it comes back with. For example I normally get about 16ms on that from my PC. So I know if I see that number spike way up that something is wrong.

Sometimes routers, especially older/cheaper ones, will not handle the speed your connection is running at. And on that note often times a firmware update from time to time is ALWAYS a good idea for those.

If this is a connection related issue (and not a PC related one) I would suspect that your connections are getting broken. This would not bother regular stuff so much but something that is more sensitive it would. This is more common on things like cellular and satellite. But you said Spectrum so I am assuming cable. So I would suspect one of the tests above to show something. If everything checks out clean I would say it's really leaning to PC issues.

Everything I mention above is good to do anyway from time to time to check up on the health of your connection so none of that is a waste. But the best way to solve the mystery is provide a log file with the latest version as RF1 mentioned.
Throughput will not allow you to use your max download speeds, also, your hard drive can only download at a certain throughput, imagine if I could download at 900mbs a sec or even 200mbs a sec. at 200mbs a sec I would be able to download a gb in 5 seconds. That's @200mbs. Plus the file you are downloading would have to be able to put out that speed even if your computer( no computer has that much throughput.)could do it, the download source would have to be able to keep up with you. Its not happening.

I tried and use my m2 ssd as a test on this to see if my d drive its a regular big drive to see if thats the cause. The m2 didn't download any faster than my storage drive so i know its the hard drive causing this. I don't think its my computer its not even a year old its built my me cpu is amd ryzen 3600.

My ping is 12ms and I really doubt this is his issue, if it was all the websites would taking a long time to connect. Even changing pages would be a chore. They would most likely time out. I think and of course, I can't be sure, his computer may have other issues, maybe its even an Anystream issue that just affects his configuration ( I doubt it) but who knows.

also, your hard drive can only download at a certain throughput

RedFox 1 is absolutely correct in this case. Your slowest medium will be your fastest medium. I've got NVMe drives, so they perform way faster than my Internet benchmarks. My NVMs operate at Read 1996 and Write 1633 (R1996 W1633).

However, I'm not saying this is the case for Wizard34's reported issue. It is something to take into consideration when troubleshooting though. I would recommend he run CrystalDiskMark (available in Microsoft Store for free) which I use quite often to benchmark a variety of storage devices. In fact, I rename my drive labels with their Read/Write speeds on my Lab systems and UFDs so I can easily see what performance I can expect.

For example, the HP Workstation that I use to host several VMs and process my BD/DVD conversions have three internal drives. Each drive is labeled with the benchmark results using the Read/Write max values:

C: System R553 W526 This is my system drive; a 2.5" SSD used for the Operating System and Programs only.
D: Storage R527 W498 This is a 2.5" SSD (1TB) drive that I use for my Virtual Machines and to process my BD/DVD conversions using Handbrake.
E: Storage R187 W181 This is a 3.5" HDD (6TB) that I use to store my BD/DVD conversions after they've been processed before being transferred to my NAS. This frees up space on the D drive where my VMs are. We can see that this HDD is much slower than my D drive.

I did some test myself i changed the ethernet cable and same issue i even tried a different internal drive. I neve use my m2 other than for programs only no videos nothing like that. When i first do a download it would say like something like 1min 3 secs left then it jumps to over 3 mins and sits there. for who knows how long. Ill try the program you mentioned. I do run a ethernet switch. When i do stream or play video games only thing on wifi is my laptop or tablet. Should i install anystream on my laptop and see how it does? Everything has been fine for any stream for months. I am going to try another test ill try 1.1.3.1 and see how that does. I have all setups for anystream.

My ping is 12ms and I really doubt this is his issue, if it was all the websites would taking a long time to connect. Even changing pages would be a chore. They would most likely time out. I think and of course, I can't be sure, his computer may have other issues, maybe its even an Anystream issue that just affects his configuration ( I doubt it) but who knows.

No I don't think it's his issue either. If it's anything network side it would probably not be latency but dropped/broken connections as those seem to affect AS pretty good. Normal stuff would typically reconnect and trudge on and you might not see it. But in either case I was just trying to help pinpoint an issue.

Also, you can d/l faster than you might think. There is of course a difference between megabytes and megabits. Sure you won't move traffic at 200Megabytes but at 200megabits yes. And connection speeds are typically rated in megabits whereas often times transfer speed is listed as megabytes which can be confusing.

For example, I just pulled down the latest version of Ubuntu desktop from a .edu in the USA. It came down at about 60Megabytes per second, which is roughly 500megabits per second. The file was 2.7GB and took me less than a minute to d/l.

I am not trying to be argumentative, just being technically specific so I am not trying at all to pick a fight. Just making sure we are all on the same page.

Please borrow me a piece of your line provider .. I'll give it a try ;)
View attachment 57266

Way to rub it in cartman! :)

Let's cut RedFox 1 some slack here. He's already confessed he's not an IT expert, but willing to help when he can. (y)

Just wanted to chime in before the thread goes by the way of mbps vs. MBps and how to convert them.

When I want to see the network utilization on my system - as I did when testing VPN speeds with AS - I just simply use the Task Manager. It's a foolproof way of seeing exactly what AS is using versus other applications. There are obviously other factors to look at, but it's a good start. From there, uploading a log file will give the DEV Team something more concrete to look at.

Best of luck to you Wizard34. I've been seeing great performance from my end, however I do recall on one instance Netflix hung for a couple of hours (while away from my desk; system locked as well) but I haven't really seen it since.

upload_2021-5-22_15-27-17.png

Last edited:
Sometimes if you completely clear your browser cache, the issue can go away. I have experienced this, when you clear the cache in your browser issues can disappear.

Back