• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Personal PSA - I know folks are frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQ

I know many are frustrated today. I am aggravated with the state of the situation as well.

However, I personally implore patients and time too allow Redfox to do what Redfox does.

Obviously AS is not your typical off the shelf software. It comes with a unique situation and set of challenges that calls for us all to chill a bit and let things happen. Yes, we pay for the privilege of using it and that comes with a responsibility to customers. But, I believe if anyone purchased this software without understanding there was some risk associated you did not fully understand what you were doing to begin with.

This is my personal 2 cents. Let's let them do what they do best.

I paid for a 1 year subscription precisely due to the nature of this software. I knew full well the product would not be viable 100% of the time. Redfox has no control over what roadblocks if any may be presented by the providers when changes take place on the provider end. Redfox also can't guarantee every roadblock will be able to be overcome much less promise they can be and on a specific time table. All we can do in moments like this is offer words of encouragement to the development team and hope they can continue working their magic.

There can be little doubt that Amazon is fully aware of AS, and as such is likely doing everything possible to prevent it from working - within reason - without disrupting the platform for everyone else. Implementing better DRM is always going to be in their gameplan. It's a never ending cat and mouse game and the AS developers are just going to have to catch up, but that takes time. There is never a guarantee that there will always be a solution to a given problem. Reality bites sometimes.

Well, lemme add my 2c too

First, someone here mentioned to have some seconds of the end of each movie play to mark the movie as fully watched with the provider - I think this would be a great idea to prevent stalking users that seem to have only watched 20 min of each movie/TV show they started.

Secondly a suggestion - If you know an update is really bad and breaks more things than it fixes, you should pull it instead of having more and more users update to it just to roll back.

Well, lemme add my 2c too

First, someone here mentioned to have some seconds of the end of each movie play to mark the movie as fully watched with the provider - I think this would be a great idea to prevent stalking users that seem to have only watched 20 min of each movie/TV show they started.

Secondly a suggestion - If you know an update is really bad and breaks more things than it fixes, you should pull it instead of having more and more users update to it just to roll back.
In this case it wouldn't have mattered because the changes are on the provider side, which essentially breaks every version of AS. This last update is basically a hotfix, stopgap measure to give some functionality back to the users. It's either that or nothing.

All we need is an l1 cdm to be cracked and publicly released then that be better

Reinforcing that this is not a problem with RedFox, a web browser user on Amazon forums has recently posted that they are now suddenly limited to SD (and the representative who replied is not up on the play on the issue, suggesting that they clear their web cache and cookies, reboot their router, etc).

It seems it is no longer possible to stream HD from Amazon using Kodi on Windows 10 either. I wonder how many browsers/players are affected?

Reactions: DQ
Reinforcing that this is not a problem with RedFox, a web browser user on Amazon forums has recently posted that they are now suddenly limited to SD (and the representative who replied is not up on the play on the issue, suggesting that they clear their web cache and cookies, reboot their router, etc).

It seems it is no longer possible to stream HD from Amazon using Kodi on Windows 10 either. I wonder how many browsers/players are affected?

I just tried playing a prime video in Brave (which is basically chrome). It was clearly in SD and it told me so. It had a "why is this sd" section. This is what is displayed. (see attached).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-13 052041.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-13 052041.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 69
I just tried playing a prime video in Brave (which is basically chrome). It was clearly in SD and it told me so. It had a "why is this sd" section. This is what is displayed. (see attached).
Try with an updated version of "Chrome".

I just tested on Chrome, there is no issue to watch or download Full HD from AMZ.
Same title is limited to download in SD trough AS. So it's not like HULU, AMZ still allows HD on PC and Laptops as well.

Attachments

• Amazon.jpg
    Amazon.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 28
That's because chrome already had an update for something that isn't scheduled to happen until the end of the month. There's a difference between watching something in a full featured browser, and downloading something with the barebones chromium based browser inside anydvd. Chromium isn't the same as Chrome

as time goes on new and more advanced protections will come it to place that is never going to stop. redfox are good what they do. and will over come this new updated drm protection. just remember these service are a live service and changes will be made. unlike a dvd. because anystream works with live services redfox will have to adapted but this takes time .

please be patient

Try with an updated version of "Chrome".

No thanks, I rather not let Google know everything I click on or view. ;)

I go to great lengths to avoid and or block them as much as possible. Same with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc etc. They all have their own trackers always watching regardless of whether you use their services or not. Sorry I ranted :p

But that's why I use other browsers was my point, hence why my test failed.

No thanks, I rather not let Google know everything I click on or view. ;)

I go to great lengths to avoid and or block them as much as possible. Same with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc etc. They all have their own trackers always watching regardless of whether you use their services or not. Sorry I ranted :p

But that's why I use other browsers was my point, hence why my test failed.
Gotcha :)

Reactions: DQ

The part about monitor compliance is concerning, as not many wide gamut monitors suitable for graphics, photography and video editing have the latest HDCP at this time (only the older standard). The market is quite restricted on this point, forcing buyers to choose either poor to medium graphics with latest HDCP or excellent/precision graphics with older HDCP. I guess professional video compositing monitors tend not to be used to play protected content, as most video editors create their own.

dunno, guise. just tried prime in out firefox 78.10.1esr and got a HD stream. tried another one, also HD. tried hulu and it appears its also HD. i update firefox manually btw. dunno, did the update i think last week, maybe the update contained the DRM upgrade...

dunno, guise. just tried prime in out firefox 78.10.1esr and got a HD stream. tried another one, also HD. tried hulu and it appears its also HD. i update firefox manually btw. dunno, did the update i think last week, maybe the update contained the DRM upgrade...
Browsers that meet the requirements will always have the latest update.

It is what it is. The developers are working on it. Understanding not complaining would be appreciated thank you very much for your patience

Luckily I have a bunch of old TV shows that really don't need to be in HD to grab. :D And I'm sure the rest will get worked out with a little patience.

Enough with the technical detailing please, you know the stance of the redfox developers on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back