• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD 4k requires online connection?

TubeBar

I just got into 4k ripping. I got the ASUS BW-16D1HT and patched it OK, anyDVD works on the few discs I quickly tested. The problem is the PC I use for ripping which is older and in my other room doesn't have an online connection. I never bothered with it since I can rip DVDs and BDs w/ no problem. As soon as I tried to rip a 4k BD which I know anyDVD decrypted on this PC I get an error can't connect to internet.

Why does 4k ripping require online connection? Will this change? It's a disc no reason you should have to connect online.

Yes, at the moment UHD disc decryption requires you to be online.
I can't tell you why, as far as I remember the reason is that there are new discs continuously or that the decryption is not ready to work offline.
Others wrote about it a time ago I think, but I don't know if I could find the thread now.

Last edited:
I just got into 4k ripping. I got the ASUS BW-16D1HT and patched it OK, anyDVD works on the few discs I quickly tested. The problem is the PC I use for ripping which is older and in my other room doesn't have an online connection. I never bothered with it since I can rip DVDs and BDs w/ no problem. As soon as I tried to rip a 4k BD which I know anyDVD decrypted on this PC I get an error can't connect to internet.

Why does 4k ripping require online connection? Will this change? It's a disc no reason you should have to connect online.
It needs an online data base

It needs an online data base

My concern is if anyDVD got shut down then all 4k disc ripping is not possible or if your internet goes down which happens and you want to rip 4k discs and now you can't. Is there any reason for this restriction? Why can't they include the keys like they do w/ bluray? As if the industry hasn't already hurt all of us by ridiculously restricting 4k, no streaming services let you download, requires special HDMI cables, only certain drives work and need to patch those etc.

hmm guess there is some need for it and no way around it.

Yeah, it's kinda required right now for UHD decryption.

That's why I usually make a protected UHD backup when I get a disc, just in case decryption is adjusted down the road (re ScreenPass) and an unprotected one in case I want to play the movie and the online server is inaccessible (on either my end or RedFox's).

So I'm covered for both scenarios.

T

Back