• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about May 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Alex

I have seen recently 2 threads were made about this topic and they sere subsequently locked due to forum's rules on discussing how AS works.

I'd like to be clear that I have zero interest in knowing how AS works, and even if someone explained it to me I wouldn't understand it as I am far from having even a basic understanding compared to other members.

But I'm just trying to understand why some members on here worry about what happens after May 31st, I honestly have no idea and am genuinely curious.

is it possible to explain (in very basic terms) on why it's significant without going into technical details of how stuff works?

If this violates the forum rules then I'll shut up about it as I have no intention of breaking the rules and mods can lock the thread.

I don't know for a fact, but I think there will be DRM changes at this specific date and this is the reason why people think AS will not work after this.
But even if there are changes, we just have to see how far this will be a limit to AS and if it is, then only the devs can find out if it is possible to add support for these changes or not.
And since this is technical information, they only could tell if yes or no, but not what or why it is not possible.
So at the end, the only way to find it out is to wait.

I don't know for a fact, but I think there will be DRM changes at this specific date and this is the reason why people think AS will not work after this.
But even if there are changes, we just have to see how far this will be a limit to AS and if it is, then only the devs can find out if it is possible to add support for these changes or not.
And since this is technical information, they only could tell if yes or no, but not what or why it is not possible.
So in the end, the only way to find it out is to wait.
This kind of speculation is what causes issues in the forum. Saying this without providing any proof will keep people from buying the product. Do you have any proof of this? Do you know something that we do not know? If so let us in on your secret so we can all understand what is going on. Its like screaming fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire. If you don't know it for a fact, keep it to yourself.

I have seen recently 2 threads were made about this topic and they sere subsequently locked due to forum's rules on discussing how AS works.[Quote/]

So you thought you would start another thread after 2 were locked.

This kind of speculation is what causes issues in the forum. Saying this without providing any proof with keep people from buying the product. Do you have any proof of this? Do you know something that we do not know? If so let us in on your secret so we can all understand what is going on. Its like screaming fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire.
I don't want to speak for DeepSpace as I'm sure he can explain himself. The part of knowing something that we don't is what I was most interested in, because as you say, I have not seen any proof of that either and yet people are talking. And i would also like to say that when creating this thread it was not my intention to discourage anyone from buying the product. I am fully satisfied with AS and i can confidently go on record and say that it's the best product I've ever used when it comes to downloading, and it only gets better with each update. And I want it to have a long future, and because of that I'm trying to understand why people are raising this panic. I'm completely in the woods about May 31st

I don't want to speak for DeepSpace as I'm sure he can explain himself. The part of knowing something that we don't is what I was most interested in, because as you say, I have not seen any proof of that either and yet people are talking. And i would also like to say that when creating this thread it was not my intention to discourage anyone from buying the product. I am fully satisfied with AS and i can confidently go on record and say that it's the best product I've ever used when it comes to downloading, and it only gets better with each update. And I want it to have a long future, and because of that I'm trying to understand why people are raising this panic. I'm completely in the woods about May 31st
You already knew that 2 threads were locked, so you just decided to start another?
Posted by Greg Alex
I have seen recently 2 threads were made about this topic and they sere subsequently locked due to forum's rules on discussing how AS works.

I see your point, but as i mentioned that it was my impression that the other 2 threads were closed because of technical discussions which I was avoiding in this thread, and have no interest in engaging in. I simply wanted to understand the significance of the date that was mentioned. There was no hidden agenda with my post, and as i said i fully understand if the thread needs to be locked

smh, I am not locking it, people will just start another and make people think you know something they don't.

I don't want to reiterate everything I've already said, so I think I'll make it my last post in this thread and politely ask you or any other mod to lock this thread, as I have no idea why it's sparking this kind of reaction. I do not believer that either myself or anyone else in this thread was asking AS to disclose any information about their product or how it works. I think it's more concerning when discussion is shut down rather than allowed to go on so people can clear the air and be at ease.

I apologize if I challenged any of the forum's rules, as I have said that was not my intention.

I don't want to reiterate everything I've already said, so I think I'll make it my last post in this thread and politely ask you or any other mod to lock this thread, as I have no idea why it's sparking this kind of reaction. I do not believer that either myself or anyone else in this thread was asking AS to disclose any information about their product or how it works. I think it's more concerning when discussion is shut down rather than allowed to go on so people can clear the air and be at ease.

I apologize if I challenged any of the forum's rules, as I have said that was not my intention.

Forget about it, its all done and it over, I am not a proponent of deleting threads, what was said is not illegal, in my mind its just said without thinking.

smh, I am not locking it, people will just start another and make people think you know something they don't.
I don't know anything!!!! I have no idea what any of this means, or if it's true or fake or whatever. The fact that I know NOTHING about it is precisely why I created a thread, and by the reactions I'm getting I think that folks here have completely misinterpreted my intention.

As I said, apologies if any rules were broken, please lock this thread. I don't know anything, and I'm not implying that I do.

I don't know anything!!!! I have no idea what any of this means, or if it's true or fake or whatever. The fact that I know NOTHING about it is precisely why I created a thread, and by the reactions I'm getting I think that folks here have completely misinterpreted my intention.

As I said, apologies if any rules were broken, please lock this thread. I don't know anything, and I'm not implying that I do.
I said, its fine, its over, I have no bad feelings, it just irked me that when you knew 2 threads were closed about this issue, you started another, now please forget it, you are a good member here, it just surprised me. Thats all. Lets let it be.

I paid for a year subscription to AnyStream and already got my money's worth several times over. I'm not the least bit concerned if hurdles are introduced which Redfox must overcome in order to continue making their AnyStream software viable. Whatever happens, happens. If I don't download another stream I'll still be a very happy customer. Again, I already got my money's worth. I'll contunue to enjoy the ride while it lasts. There are things in life you just don't have control over.

I paid for a year subscription to AnyStream and already got my money's worth several times over. I'm not the least bit concerned if hurdles are introduced which Redfox must overcome in order to continue making their AnyStream software viable. Whatever happens, happens. If I don't download another stream I'll still be a very happy customer. Again, I already got my money's worth. I'll contunue to enjoy the ride while it lasts. There are things in life you just don't have control over.

I purchased a lifetime subscription. If it stopped working tomorrow I might be bummed but I would still be a happy camper. As I see it there is nothing but good that comes out of donating to developers worth supporting. As a rule I will donate/purchase anything I find real value in. Good work, good ideas and good implementation need to be supported by all.

"Don't worry, be happy"

There will be always the risk. If it stops working tomorrow, then it sucks and there is really nothing much I can do. Purchasing this software means one accepts this very risk, and I have no regret if this happens.
You have to have faith , Red fox put a lot of work into this program the developers put a lot of work, into making a fine program for everyone to enjoy. I have faith in them, Nothing has happened yet so lets end the discussion. You guys are all great and we appreciate your loyalty. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back