• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

zero269

Perhaps AS can be updated to operate without the need for those continuous "pop-ups" as they relate to completed downloads and loading playlists. I think this will greatly improve the functionality and ease of use for AS. Let's check out some images that provide a visual of how the interface could look:

The LEFT PANE would still function as it does now. The RIGHT PANE would provide the PLAYLIST (aka Downloadable items) for a given selected movie or show. These PANES are NOT different windows. They are basically the same as other applications that we use, such as Outlook, etc.

upload_2021-5-8_18-29-56.jpeg

upload_2021-5-8_18-29-57.jpeg

upload_2021-5-8_18-29-56.jpeg

One benefit here is that when we switch between tabs, we see the Provider in the LEFT PANE and the Playlist in the RIGHT PANE (for each provider). To make the playlist load faster, the thumbnails and descriptions should not load. Honestly, they offer no value. For those that actually find value in the thumbnail and description… perhaps this can be a feature that can be set by the user. Notice how I can only see 4-5 Download buttons when my Playlist is filling top/bottom of my screen. I'm using a 32" 4K monitor by the way. If we exclude the thumbnails and descriptions, we should be able to see about 30 Download buttons in view using this Integrated Playlist feature along with the scroll bar for additional episodes.

Notice how two of the providers are grayed out and one is not when a Playlist is loaded. Having the Playlist integrated for each Tab (provider) allows reduced interference when switching between tabs to check on the progress and continue where we left off.

In other words, the RIGHT PANE (Playlist) should only display the Movie title and download button, or the Episode Number/Title and Download button. Obviously shows will still need the Series drop down list. This will greatly compact the playlist for a series, thus making it easier to keep track of progress and improved performance with loading a playlist.

This Playlist will be loaded when a Movie or Show is selected like it does now. The main difference is that the Playlist does not need to be loaded again between downloads. It remains active in the RIGHT PANE. Once it loads, it stays loaded until we either change the Season number for a show in the RIGHT PANE, or select another movie or show from the LEFT PANE which will then load the new Playlist in the RIGHT PANE.

Using the images above as an example, this will allow me to switch back and forth and just click on the next Download button without having to select the show again, scroll down and click download. If I change the Season number, the playlist will update/load for the new season and remain loaded. When I return to a provider (LEFT PANE), I will still have the Playlist loaded for what I was using last time and just continue where I left off.

UPDATE 1:

I wanted to add that this feature request is intended to simply the functionality of the application for the End User. As of now, when we click on the Downloadables button, it will open another window which we can simply call the PLAYLIST. We see either a list of episodes along with a Season dropdown, or just a single movie, along with a Download button for each downloadable item. We then choose our preferred Video/Audio/Subtitles and click Download again. The download begins. We may get another pop up message or a completed download message. These could be integrated as well at the bottom of the RIGHT PANE.

The Integrated Playlist makes this process easier by taking that new Playlist window, and integrating it into the main window (as a RIGHT PANE) instead of opening in a separate window. Now, imagine that window remains open even after you click Download and Download again. When Episode 1 is complete, you simply click on Download for the 2nd episode instead of having to click on the show to see that list again which takes time to load every single time.

Using the Integrated Playlist allows the Playlist to remain open (loaded, so the speak) until the User searches for and selects a different Movie/Show from the LEFT PANE. The RIGHT PANE basically serves the purpose for everything that occurs from the moment you select a movie or a show from the LEFT PANE up to the Download Complete message. In other words, no new windows unless it's an error message or prompt that requires User interaction, such as an error message.

Last edited:
I really like the thumbnails and descriptions, I like to browse and see what’s available I have a little idea of what the episode or the movie is about. But in the end it’s all up to the developers.

Very good looking and working design. I like it a lot. Good job zero269. I vote to implement it...

I really like the thumbnails and descriptions, I like to browse and see what’s available I have a little idea of what the episode or the movie is about. But in the end it’s all up to the developers.

Hi RedFox 1,

Keep in mind this isn't just about thumbnails and descriptions, but an enhanced and integrated Playlist feature. One of those features would enable a user to choose to hide them under Settings. This only applies to the Playlist (RIGHT PANE).

The main benefit here is to have the Playlist load in the RIGHT PANE instead of another Window that closes after you make your selections/download. The Playlist remains loaded for each provider. So as you switch between them, they are still there. All you need to do now is just click the next Download in the RIGHT PANE, or choose a different movie/show in the LEFT PANE which will load your new PLAYLIST like is does currently.

I wish I could describe it better to provide a better visual. But imagine that Playlist NOT closing and remaining accessible without having to open up in a new window each time you need it. This benefit is more for a SERIES than Movies, but even the Movies load a Playlist in another "pop up" window in which we choose our quality options before clicking Download.

Who knows. I certainly have no input when it comes to this but it seems that you want to change the whole GUI, I think the program was made to be as simple as possible and I am not sure whether this does that. But all ideas are welcomed, I am sure the developers will read your posts and make a decision. Thanks for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like this idea. I agree, the selection if the thumbnails and description will be shown or not should be a setting up to the user.
But this would help with two other feature requests:
As the downloadables dialog remains open in the right pane (instead of being closed after you select the episode), you don't have to scroll down each time you want to select a new episode to download. So AS don't have to remember the episode number or position of the scrollbar because the dialog is never getting closed.
In addition this could be an improvement for the batch download request, because if the dialog will not be greyed out during a download, you can already select the next episode to add it to the list.

Perhaps AS can be updated to operate without the need for those continuous "pop-ups" as they relate to completed downloads and loading playlists. I think this will greatly improve the functionality and ease of use for AS. Let's check out some images that provide a visual of how the interface could look:

yeah, this would be great. but kinda pointless if devs decide to implement batch download functions, which AFAIK theyre somewhat hesitant on implementing, but are under consideration IIRC. this would be a sort of middle of the road solution: users dont have to deal with the popup for every single download, yeah i agree this is extremely annoying to the point im kinda avoiding downlading tv series at the moment. because its one click, scroll, click download then another click to start the actual download. tedious, boring, kinda annoying. time consuming. its ok for movies, but tv series nope. i agree descriptions of items and thumbs are just a waste of space and it would be great if end users could toggle them on or off, per personal preference. i actually think devs might take this route to avoid implementing batch download functions lol. them tokens will go fast if batch download functions are implemented. i wish they will be implemented, let the users deal with tokens. you wanna waste all 100 in one sitting? go for it. dont? thats cool too. if devs are worried about abuse, i think token system is enough of a security measure in order to stop abuse, and thhus keeping AS under the radar. but as said many a times, its up to devs. will see. cheers!

yeah, this would be great. but kinda pointless if devs decide to implement batch download functions, which AFAIK theyre somewhat hesitant on implementing, but are under consideration IIRC. this would be a sort of middle of the road solution: users dont have to deal with the popup for every single download, yeah i agree this is extremely annoying to the point im kinda avoiding downlading tv series at the moment. because its one click, scroll, click download then another click to start the actual download. tedious, boring, kinda annoying. time consuming. its ok for movies, but tv series nope. i agree descriptions of items and thumbs are just a waste of space and it would be great if end users could toggle them on or off, per personal preference. i actually think devs might take this route to avoid implementing batch download functions lol. them tokens will go fast if batch download functions are implemented. i wish they will be implemented, let the users deal with tokens. you wanna waste all 100 in one sitting? go for it. dont? thats cool too. if devs are worried about abuse, i think token system is enough of a security measure in order to stop abuse, and thhus keeping AS under the radar. but as said many a times, its up to devs. will see. cheers!
I think I agree with both of you, but this program was made to be as simple as possible, a program for everyone to enjoy not just for people that want to download 50 Terabytes of movies. Implementing this is like telling someone who just bought Photoshop to enjoy the program but without having to take a class on the program. The program as it is , is just fine, everyone seems to understand how to use it, even though some people are still missing the simplest of features like the downloadable button. Rewriting the whole GUI may seem like a good idea to you, but in essence, it makes the program look like something you need instructions for. I believe the program was written to be easy to use for everybody, putting extras in to save a few steps in my personal opinion is not necessary and would drive away people using the trial. Now, remember this is my personal opinion, not the developers. I do not make any decisions, I am just giving you my opinion like everyone else here.

Very good looking and working design. I like it a lot. Good job zero269. I vote to implement it...

Hi Bornsoft,

I'm glad you see the value in this feature request. I think one way to help with the "vote" would be to LIKE the initial post. I think this helps the RedFox Team with finding features that their members are interested in.

Thanks...

I think I agree with both of you, but this program was made to be as simple as possible, a program for everyone to enjoy not just for people that want to download 50 Terabytes of movies. Implementing this is like telling someone who just bought Photoshop to enjoy the program but without having to take a class on the program. The program as it is , is just fine, everyone seems to understand how to use it, even though some people are still missing the simplest of features like the downloadable button. Rewriting the whole GUI may seem like a good idea to you, but in essence, it makes the program look like something you need instructions for. I believe the program was written to be easy to use for everybody, putting extras in to save a few steps in my personal opinion is not necessary and would drive away people using the trial. Now, remember this is my personal opinion, not the developers. I do not make any decisions, I am just giving you my opinion like everyone else here.
My vote: keep things as they are. Granted some of the requests make life a bit easier for the experienced user. My thinking, I will do the extra work to DL a season. It was MUCH more difficult to do before AS existed. So the work currently being saved is huge in my opinion. Thinking about a download of a season, some ugly details popped up in my mind. Say, you run out of tokens before the full season is DL'd. Next request, remember which episodes were DL'd, and which ones are still left to go. Yikes. What other stuff did I not think of?

My request: Keep it as it is. You guys put in a lot of effort to get things this far. I will take it from here.

Excellent advice SBS2020!
I'm sure that's exactly what RedFox is thinking at this exact moment for their companies success... o_O
Thank you both sincerely. There is more to a program than making it easier for some and making it simpler for others. The program was written to make a simple download program, sure there are ways that would take steps out of the process but the end result is not always good. It's great for some and troublesome for others. I thank you guys again for understanding.

My request: Keep it as it is.

errrm, yeah, but nope. all due respect. either batch download/queue or what zero suggested. my 2 cents. why keep things cumbersome (100 clicks for a single season), but call it easy? lol. the bare minimum IMHO should be to make download popup remember last selected episode/download. that way at least one click (although download window can be scrolled with keyboard arrows, which is fine for 5 episode seasons) is being eliminated. as said before, i feel devs are kinda reluctant about batch/queue, which is also fine i guess, so zero's suggestion would be kind of a middle of the road solution: not horrible, but not great either, haha. another 3 cents from moi, making it 5 in total. cheers!

errrm, yeah, but nope. all due respect. either batch download/queue or what zero suggested. my 2 cents. why keep things cumbersome (100 clicks for a single season), but call it easy? lol. the bare minimum IMHO should be to make download popup remember last selected episode/download. that way at least one click (although download window can be scrolled with keyboard arrows, which is fine for 5 episode seasons) is being eliminated. as said before, i feel devs are kinda reluctant about batch/queue, which is also fine i guess, so zero's suggestion would be kind of a middle of the road solution: not horrible, but not great either, haha. another 3 cents from moi, making it 5 in total. cheers!
In my personal opinion and this is not coming from anyone but me, a lot of thought was given to this program before development even started, do you think your the first one to think of a queue? Or even batch as you say. Nothing has been decided, and I do not have any input on what the developers do. So let leave it at that.

In my personal opinion and this is not coming from anyone but me, a lot of thought was given to this program before development even started, do you think your the first one to think of a queue? Or even batch as you say. Nothing has been decided, and I do not have any input on what the developers do. So let leave it at that.

all good, man. of course am not the first one who thought of q. ooops, queue. or batch download. far from it. but, at the same time was shocked at first to see AS hasnt implemented it right from the get go, considering were talking about a 100$ piece of software. but then ive read that AS had troubles with people abusing trial some time ago, so i thought maybe theres a reason behind it all, same goes for token system. i get it. but am still irked by the fact i have to click 100+ times to get a 25+ episode season, lol. at least gives us popup windows that remember last selected episode, hahahaha. oh, well. keep up the good work, am sure wonderful things are headed our way. like vudu, r-right? even though its not a subscription service, nudge-nudge? just kidding. ive read vudu is on the chopping block [insert sadfacepoop]. cheers!

Last edited:
This is easier said than done since it would require tracking which episodes you've already downloaded and the status of each of them - such as failed, missing, broken, etc. I, for one, prefer less tracking in every sense. Since I don't ever plan to stop paying for these services, I have no need for full seasons of any TV shows locally, I will just watch those online. I think the development should focus on features and fixes that affect/benefit everyone, not just the powerusers who need all 30 episodes of every season of Seinfeld on their laptops.

This is easier said than done since it would require tracking which episodes you've already downloaded and the status of each of them - such as failed, missing, broken, etc. I, for one, prefer less tracking in every sense. Since I don't ever plan to stop paying for these services, I have no need for full seasons of any TV shows locally, I will just watch those online. I think the development should focus on features and fixes that affect/benefit everyone, not just the powerusers who need all 30 episodes of every season of Seinfeld on their laptops.

well, IMHO. having to make less clicks to actually download anything is an improvement overall, wouldnt you agree? also, tracking could be done per session, and then deleted after the session end e.g. when user closes AS. and stored locally. thats possible, right? honestly i dont see a reason for not making the program and the downloading process easier for the paying user(s). unless the logic behind not implementing it is to hinder users and limit their downloading which, honestly, would be a tad weird. there is a token system implemented also, you know? why limit users activity, or make it more difficult (e.g. 100 clicks per season)? doesnt make sense. the fact you dont need 30 seasons of 'how its made' is your prerogative, your choice and i respect that. but to try making a point that improving the download process for the (paying) end user is somehow not beneficial just because you dont see it that way is silly, IMHO. anyways, devs have the last word, as usual. lets wait and see. cheers!

well, IMHO. having to make less clicks to actually download anything is an improvement overall, wouldnt you agree? also, tracking could be done per session, and then deleted after the session end e.g. when user closes AS. and stored locally. thats possible, right? honestly i dont see a reason for not making the program and the downloading process easier for the paying user(s). unless the logic behind not implementing it is to hinder users and limit their downloading which, honestly, would be a tad weird. there is a token system implemented also, you know? why limit users activity, or make it more difficult (e.g. 100 clicks per season)? doesnt make sense. the fact you dont need 30 seasons of 'how its made' is your prerogative, your choice and i respect that. but to try making a point that improving the download process for the (paying) end user is somehow not beneficial just because you dont see it that way is silly, IMHO. anyways, devs have the last word, as usual. lets wait and see. cheers!
I hear ya mate, but I dont download TV shows so its not an issue on my radar even. And you have to realize they cant just do everything that everyone wants. They have to weigh the benefits vs the risk. If trying to work out queuing takes too much time then the current usability, as is, suffers since there are bugs to be dealt with. Should we not fix bugs before trying to add something that may cause more bugs? Especially one that will require a lot more development than other feature requests, plus adds a sort of ad hoc tracking of your usage? This is very likely the reason they have not added queueing yet, most users are mostly getting along fine as is and would prefer stability over decreased clicking.

Bug fixes help everyone, queueing only helps those that would use it. Very limited subset of users there.

I wouldn't say a few more mouse clicks are making it more difficult and then there's the bonus of building up your muscles in your forefinger. LOL.

I agree, the queue/batch download could cause some bugs and the devs should only add this when they have fixed the other bugs and if they are sure that it will work.
But I don't get why some are against the UI change, I would welcome it.
As I already said,
As the downloadables dialog remains open in the right pane (instead of being closed after you select the episode), you don't have to scroll down each time you want to select a new episode to download. So AS don't have to remember the episode number or position of the scrollbar because the dialog is never getting closed.
This is a simple and good idea to solve/avoid a specific implementation for the "remember last episode/ scrollbar position" request, and it is easy to do as well since the devs only have to disable the automatic close from the downloadables window and move and stick it to the right side. This sounds far easier to me than add a function to autoscroll to a position, especially when the position is not set. I noticed this while using the VPN. When I scroll down to the bottom, the images are not there. But when they loaded after a second or two, this wil expand the list and it is not at the bottom anymore, but instead some episodes earlier.

And there is no need that they add batch download along with the UI change, but it could be a start to do this, because
if the dialog will not be greyed out during a download, you can already select the next episode to add it to the list.
But as I said, I agree that they should not speed things up regarding this request.
I also agree that a few more clicks don't make it difficult and people who only download some movies each week will not bother at all, but if there is a series with lots of episodes than it can be annoying to scroll down and search over and over again.

Back