• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Closed] AnyDVD exception on install

George++

I was installing the latest AnyDVD version, 8.5.4.0, when it had an exception as soon as it started up after the install completed. A dump file was created, as expected, but before I could do anything with the zip file my PC rebooted. After the reboot AnyDVD works without an exception.

I didn't remember the HD location of the dump file. Anyone know where it might reside?

The PC that dumped is Win10 Home, x86 (32-bit).

Installed fine here on 10 Pro x64, straight over the top of the last beta

AnyDVD installed fine on another PC, Win10 Pro x64, as well as the x86 PC. It raised an exception after the install was complete and before it shows the info dialog about right-click. Restart AnyDVD and all is copacetic on that machine.

I want to retrieve the dump file so the developers can have a look at it. I don't remember where it is located. Better they have a peek and see if it was a transient problem or not.

If @James doesn't want the dump file, fine. I'd still like to locate where it was written so I can remove it from the HD.

No post install exception here either. That said try pulling up task manager, rightclick on the anydvd entr and select "create dumpfile". It should make a new one and offer to open up the target location. You can then delete the one you just created and hopefully spot the one anydvd created itself on install.

AnyDVD installed fine on another PC, Win10 Pro x64, as well as the x86 PC. It raised an exception after the install was complete and before it shows the info dialog about right-click. Restart AnyDVD and all is copacetic on that machine.

I want to retrieve the dump file so the developers can have a look at it. I don't remember where it is located. Better they have a peek and see if it was a transient problem or not.

If @James doesn't want the dump file, fine. I'd still like to locate where it was written so I can remove it from the HD.
Sometimes little stuff happens, it just happens, no explanation but it works fine, maybe you pressed on the key too hard and it took exception. LOL. Just joking.:love::love::D

I seriously suspect the exception happened because of the infamous Windows gremlins, I was waiting on a reboot for several to-be-installed Windows updates.

I have never seen an exception from AnyDVD before, so I didn't notice where the dump file was located. I suspect the file went buh-bye with the reboot, alas and alack never to be found again.

I seriously suspect the exception happened because of the infamous Windows gremlins, I was waiting on a reboot for several to-be-installed Windows updates.

I have never seen an exception from AnyDVD before, so I didn't notice where the dump file was located. I suspect the file went buh-bye with the reboot, alas and alack never to be found again.
IIRC AnyDVD will delete its dump on reboot.

No, thank you. Maybe you had a (virtual) disc in one of your drives? Starting / stopping AnyDVD with a disc in a drive is always a little risky.

No, thank you. Maybe you had a (virtual) disc in one of your drives? Starting / stopping AnyDVD with a disc in a drive is always a little risky.
I didn't have a disc in the drive, even a virtual one, when I started the install. For the future that is good to know to make sure all drives are empty.

IIRC AnyDVD will delete its dump on reboot.
I've figured as much after doing a lot of searching of the HD. I did try to help.

Last edited:
Back