• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AS and Prime with VPN

DQ

This is probably a newb question but I have to ask it.

I am just kinda dinking around with AS and VPN. I VPN'd into the selected country, set AS for the region and restarted AS. I tried to login to prime with my normal account and it gave me the finger. Am I to assume you need a region based account?

Thanks.

This is probably a newb question but I have to ask it.

I am just kinda dinking around with AS and VPN. I VPN'd into the selected country, set AS for the region and restarted AS. I tried to login to prime with my normal account and it gave me the finger. Am I to assume you need a region based account?

Thanks.
Exact same thing happened to me, I am not using a VPN anymore. Even though I enjoy Italian subtitle films I will give it up because there’s no way I’m using VPN again

Exact same thing happened to me, I am not using a VPN anymore. Even though I enjoy Italian subtitle films I will give it up because there’s no way I’m using VPN again

Yeah, I figured it would work if I created a new Prime account and repaid for prime. But I am not going to take it that far. Unfortunately I purchased the VPN service already but that actually is not a total loss I have been wanting to dink with one for some time just to see what use I can make of it. Live and learn.

Yeah, I figured it would work if I created a new Prime account and repaid for prime. But I am not going to take it that far. Unfortunately I purchased the VPN service already but that actually is not a total loss I have been wanting to dink with one for some time just to see what use I can make of it. Live and learn.
I am sort of glad that you bought this up, I was going to bring it up but I didn’t because I thought I was doing something wrong. But now with you having the same issue I just don’t think it’s worth ruining my Amazon prime.

yes you need to pay for prime in the country you want to use.

Actually no. Ii thought that too. My subscription is in the US. Works fine logged in on the global primevideo.com without paying double or using a vpn.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I had to repay to get access to Amz jp. Now I am able to download by setting AS to jp and the VPN as well.

Actually no. Ii thought that too. My subscription is in the US. Works fine logged in on the global primevideo.com without paying double or using a vpn.

I tried the UK Prime and it would not allow me to log in with my US account within AS with AS being set for the UK (as was my VPN).

I had to repay to get access to Amz jp. Now I am able to download by setting AS to jp and the VPN as well.
Japan is one of the exceptions to that rule yes.

I tried the UK Prime and it would not allow me to log in with my US account within AS with AS being set for the UK (as was my VPN).
That's odd, make sure you're not having a typo. U can log in with my account on DE (germany), FR (France), NL (Netherlands), UK, USA. it's a single login shared across all sites.

That's odd, make sure you're not having a typo. U can log in with my account on DE (germany), FR (France), NL (Netherlands), UK, USA. it's a single login shared across all sites.

Thanks. I finally got it to work. I had some combo of wrong DNS settings and or possibly using the wrong password. Either way it's working now with my US account on the UK site. Thanks again.

One really funny thing though. I was trying to snag episodes of the Kitchen Nightmares from the UK (the old ones before the American show). So long as I was in "UK mode" I could see the episodes and download them. However, all that was available were the revisited episodes and not the actual shows. What the heck is that about? That just some licensing BS? Just found that super odd.

One really funny thing though. I was trying to snag episodes of the Kitchen Nightmares from the UK (the old ones before the American show). So long as I was in "UK mode" I could see the episodes and download them. However, all that was available were the revisited episodes and not the actual shows. What the heck is that about? That just some licensing BS? Just found that super odd.
This is also what I got the one time I tried it. It was saying something about having a US prime account and "travelling abroad" and I was basically only offered a subset of options that I would've gotten from the US site even and almost no options from the UK. Basically they knew my primary region was the US and was only offering me certain US shows to view abroad.

Like Ch3vr0n already said.. you're wrong...
I'm a prime member on german amazon, and prime u.s. works just fine (the videos..) with VPN too ..

Back