• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney+ PWA

RichieScar

Hi

I have just seen an article about creating a Progressive Web App (PWA) for Disney+ using Windows 10. I don't know anything about this but it says you can launch Disney+ without opening your browser. I'm assuming this is basically a shortcut to the webpage and in effect is no different just quicker access.

Does anyone know whether doing it this way it is possible to get 1080p/4K like an actual designed app, instead of the limitation of 720p set by Disney+ through the browser.

If it is possible to get 1080p this way, is there a chance AnyStream can use this funcionality to download in 1080p?

Richard

Hi

I have just seen an article about creating a Progressive Web App (PWA) for Disney+ using Windows 10. I don't know anything about this but it says you can launch Disney+ without opening your browser. I'm assuming this is basically a shortcut to the webpage and in effect is no different just quicker access.

Does anyone know whether doing it this way it is possible to get 1080p/4K like an actual designed app, instead of the limitation of 720p set by Disney+ through the browser.

If it is possible to get 1080p this way, is there a chance AnyStream can use this funcionality to download in 1080p?

Richard
Never heard of PWA, but I am pretty sure the way it works now is just fine, all you have to do is click on Disney and it opens, just log in and leave at that. The process is very quick now.

Never heard of PWA, but I am pretty sure the way it works now is just fine, all you have to do is click on Disney and it opens, just log in and leave at that. The process is very quick now.
Same thing here, he is not complaining about the speed or way to open D+. He wants to know if it is possible to use this to get better quality above 720p. Only the devs can tell.

Besides that, I think PWA was progressive web app, but I am not that sure.

Same thing here, he is not complaining about the speed or way to open D+. He wants to know if it is possible to use this to get better quality above 720p. Only the devs can tell.

Besides that, I think PWA was a progressive web app, but I am not that sure.
Disney is the I believe making 720P the highest resolution, it would be a cat and mouse even it worked. Your account would surely be locked, they have algorithms for this.

Disney is the I believe making 720P the highest resolution
If you mean AS supports up to 720p on D+, you are correct.

Your account would surely be locked, they have algorithms for this.
Well, this is why there is the download bucket. But at the end, no one of us can tell if it will work or not except the devs.

If you mean AS supports up to 720p on D+, you are correct.

Well, this is why there is the download bucket. But at the end, no one of us can tell if it will work or not except the devs.
I am totally lost, what does this have to do with the download bucket? When I said locked, I didn't mean locked by Anystream, I meant, locked by Disney. Like I said at the beginning, I do not understand PWA, but I think it's sort of like that old "AppCache" now obsolete, that would allow you to watch stuff offline.

Last edited:
I am totally lost, what does this have to do with the download bucket? When I said locked, I didnt mean locked by Anystream, I meant ,locked by Disney.
I meant the same, we have the bucket to avoid being locked by the provider.
Or do you mean they could find out using these algorithms that we are download 1080p when we are supposed to get only 720p?

I meant the same, we have the bucket to avoid being locked by the provider.
Or do you mean they could find out using these algorithms that we download 1080p when we are supposed to get only 720p?
Exactly, now we are on the same page.but like I said, I do not understand the Progressive Web Application.

Thanks for that, I read the whole page, but this disturbs me, again, I agree only the devs would really be able to answer the question, and I am not sure they would because it goes into how the application works.
  • Safe — Served via HTTPS to prevent snooping and ensure content hasn't been tampered with.
  • Discoverable — Identifiable as an “application” by manifest.json[20] and service worker registration, and discoverable by search engines.

and I am not sure they would because it goes into how the application works.
I know that these things are not allowed, it is only the fact if it could be possible I would like to know, not how or why (even if I would be able to understand this technical stuff).
About the two points you wrote: I have not read the site or know in fact what PWA is, only heard of it and want to bring it to your attention/ answer your questions that you dont understand it.

I know that these things are not allowed, it is only the fact if it could be possible I would like to know, not how or why (even if I would be able to understand this technical stuff).
About the two points you wrote: I have not read the site or know in fact what PWA is, only heard of it and want to bring it to your attention/ answer your questions that you dont understand it.
Now , LOL, we are going in a circle, yes you are correct only the Developers could answer the question, and I am not sure they would or wouldn't. I am as far from a developer as one can be. ;) :(

A PWA is just a way to make a website launch and behave like an application. Its still using your default browser to launch and is in no way bypassing your browser, it essentially just hides the browser window frame. This will not allow a browser to see any higher resolutions than normal.

1. A PWA is just a way to make a website launch and behave like an application. Its still using your default browser to launch and is in no way bypassing your browser, it essentially just hides the browser window frame. This will not allow a chromium based browser to see any higher resolutions than normal.
So it cant magically make 720P into 1080P? :sleep::sleep::love:

So it cant magically make 720P into 1080P? :sleep::sleep::love:
It might if you wish really hard but I havent tested that myself yet.o_O

I guess I'm the rare bird that just appreciates what AS already does. I actually select 720 for all but the most visually impressive movies anyways. I don't need Fried Green Tomatoes in 4k, or even 1080 for that matter. That's just a waste of space IMO.

And I dont download TV shows at all, most of them aren't developed well enough for a single movie let alone a whole series.

It might if you wish really hard but I havent tested that myself yet.o_O

I guess I'm the rare bird that just appreciates what AS already does. I actually select 720 for all but the most visually impressive movies anyways. I don't need Fried Green Tomatoes in 4k, or even 1080 for that matter. That's just a waste of space IMO.

And I dont download TV shows at all, most of them aren't developed well enough for a single movie let alone a whole series.
I love this program just as it is, it is a true downloader, something rare to find, I really appreciate all the work our developers have done, but I have to admit, in the region, I am in most everything is 1080P, I do not have a subscription to Disney but I personally think 720P is a pretty good picture.

Hi

Thanks for the info. I thought that was the case, its unfortunate. I guess we will have to hope Disney+ will allow 1080p eventually.

Richard

Hi

Thanks for the info. I thought that was the case, its unfortunate. I guess we will have to hope Disney+ will allow 1080p eventually.

Richard
Honestly, its quite likely that 720 will also eventually be supported only in Edge, like 1080 is now, as Edge becomes more widely adopted and D+ makes an even greater effort to protect their content with better DRM options.

the rare bird that just appreciates what AS already does
I'm not sure if I get it.
I really appreciate it and I'm happy about the work they do, but still I can make feature requests or ask for quality of life-improvements. And even if they deside to not implement new features or providers, it is a great thing/ step for me.

in 4k, or even 1080 for that matter. That's just a waste of space
I agree to RF1, ("I personally think 720P is a pretty good picture.") and I understand that some people prefer to save space, but I like to get the best quality.
So I would be happy if they add support for D+ 1080p, but even if not it is nice to have the opportunity to dl D+, whatever the resolution might be.
And this is closing the circle to my first answer. I really appreciate the D+ 720p (lets stick at this example) (even if I don't have a D+ subscription yet because Amz and NF are big enough for me at the moment), but why not asking if they could add 1080p? (Of course it is useless to ask it a thousand times when it is already on the list or on their attention).

I'm not sure if I get it.
I really appreciate it and I'm happy about the work they do, but still I can make feature requests or ask for quality of life-improvements. And even if they deside to not implement new features or providers, it is a great thing/ step for me.

I agree to RF1, ("I personally think 720P is a pretty good picture.") and I understand that some people prefer to save space, but I like to get the best quality.
So I would be happy if they add support for D+ 1080p, but even if not it is nice to have the opportunity to dl D+, whatever the resolution might be.
And this is closing the circle to my first answer. I really appreciate the D+ 720p (lets stick at this example) (even if I don't have a D+ subscription yet because Amz and NF are big enough for me at the moment), but why not asking if they could add 1080p? (Of course it is useless to ask it a thousand times when it is already on the list or on their attention).
This is not so much a feature request, as it is a limitation of how D+ works altogether. D+ already has 1080+ options, but those are not available outside the D+ app or Edge browser. Until Chromium starts supporting better DRM, it likely wont happen in AS. And its more likely that it will go the other way and 720 will eventually not be supported either. This happens on NF as well. There are certain titles for which NF is required to use better DRM than AS supports. We are not allowed to get into the technical underpinnings of these things on the forum so we will have to leave it at that.

Back