• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 21 Ultra just got released for 2021

It's like iPhones. Unless they make a new "version" every year that you just HAVE to purchase so you don't get kicked out of polite society, then there would be no reason to give them your money annually. :p

It's like iPhones. Unless they make a new "version" every year that you just HAVE to purchase so you don't get kicked out of polite society, then there would be no reason to give them your money annually. :p
I'll admit that I did purchase PowerDVD 21 Ultra last week -- I guess I'm just like those iPhone buyers!

:LOL::whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: DQ
I'm wondering if PDVD 21 does proper SDR scaling for UHD's on non-Intel GPU's...

20 opened the door to get UHD play on non-Intel GPU's, but unless you have an Intel, it looks crappy on an SDR monitor (but pretty good on an HDR one).

T

I'm wondering if PDVD 21 does proper SDR scaling for UHD's on non-Intel GPU's...

20 opened the door to get UHD play on non-Intel GPU's, but unless you have an Intel, it looks crappy on an SDR monitor (but pretty good on an HDR one).

T
Right now, I'm playing my movies on an Intel based laptop (Core i5 as a matter of fact).

Right now, I'm playing my movies on an Intel based laptop (Core i5 as a matter of fact).

Oh, ok.

So you haven't seen it's behavior with a non-Intel GPU.

Darn.

Does PDVD have such a thing as a trial upgrade? :=)

Because that change would be the only reason I'd buy 21...

T

Power DVD 21 Ultra is unfortunately outdated: The software only supports HEVC (H.265) video formats, but unfortunately not AV1 (H.266) videos.
But maybe next year it will be Power DVD 22 Ultra. Who knows?

Power DVD 21 Ultra is unfortunately outdated: The software only supports HEVC (H.265) video formats, but unfortunately not AV1 (H.266) videos.
But maybe next year it will be Power DVD 22 Ultra. Who knows?
AVI is an unlicensed low-quality container with its support I would not count the goal of POWERDVD at all POWERDVD is to play a quality image for AVI is suitable for example VLC or WMP

He's talking about AV1, a new high quality codec from google i think. Not about the old-school AVI codec.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

He's talking about AV1, a new high quality codec from google i think. Not about the old-school AVI codec.

thank you for the clarification :) from the old school I will probably be :D probably Cyberling did not get permission to use this codec

Nope again. AV1 is open source, and fyi I'm 'old school' too. Early '80's. I love tech and just keep up with new technology.

Nope again. AV1 is open source, and fyi I'm 'old school' too. Early '80's. I love tech and just keep up with new technology.

then I don't understand why the codec was not used, so maybe in the next version :)

Just because it's open source doesn't mean everyone instantly supports it, or even wants to. Proper implementation takes time, and is optional. It takes time to build a reputation and userbase.

You can have them send a trial copy to your email address like so:

https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd-ultra/download_en_US.html?affid=2581_1561_540

I believe the trial is only good for 21 days or so.

Yeeeeeaaah, this would be great, but Cyberlink, in all its wisdom, doesn't allow UHD play in the trial version I see.

So yes I could install it and try it out, but no, I wouldn't be able to see if they've improved UHD play.

Thanks, though! :=)

T

In the last couple of days whenever I launch PowerDVD 17 I get nags that Windows 10 doesn't have native DVD/Bluray playback support and I need to purchase PDVD 21.

17 works for me, period. I really like being able to play BD ISOs. I don't need all the fancy froo-froo features 21 has over 17.

In the last couple of days whenever I launch PowerDVD 17 I get nags that Windows 10 doesn't have native DVD/Bluray playback support and I need to purchase PDVD 21.

17 works for me, period. I really like being able to play BD ISOs. I don't need all the fancy froo-froo features 21 has over 17.
Heck, thanks to RedFox, I can still use PowerDVD 10 Ultra --if I'm in the mood-- to playback regular Blu-rays discs and DVDs without issue, even though I'm normally using PowerDVD 21 (and 20) for my 4K MKVs (after I convert them from 4K UHD Blu-ray with CloneBD.)

Basically, with AnyDVD, you can use PowerDVD 10-19 Ultra all that you want, even when Cyberlink gives you the nag message to upgrade, and versions 10 & 11 aren't even supported by Cyberlink anymore.

My primary use for PDVD 17 is to detect if my BD ISO has Cinavia or not. I very much prefer having a burnt disc to play in one of my standalone BD players.

Long story short I rip the BD, play the ISO without AnyDVD running in the background for about 25-30 minutes. No popup the BD seems to not have Cinavia. If Cinavia is present I re-rip the ISO with AnyDVD active with the virtual drive and let CloneBD/AnyDVD do their eradication "magic."

Power DVD 21 Ultra is unfortunately outdated
PDVD 17 is up-to-date for me. :p

Back