• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Repeatedly Stalling During D/L -> 1.1.2.0

Electron003

Couple of movies that always stall during the d/l from AP. I have tried multiple times across days, and they keep stalling very early in the operation. I have tried all the various speeds - but nothing makes a difference. That includes waiting for long periods to see what happens. Obviously...nothing!

I have had multiple successes with other files. These two always stop.

Hope the logs help.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.2.0_W1.astlog
    6.6 MB · Views: 6
For anyone that is using Wifi I would first suggest trying to use a wired connection to see if that helps. That would eliminate the myriad of configuration issues that can lead to dropped connections. I can't even begin to list the many issues you can face with most Wifi connections. When simply browsing around on the internet, you're likely never to notice these issues, but once you're pulling down lots of data on a spotty or misconfigured Wifi network it can become very apparent quickly.

For anyone that is using Wifi I would first suggest trying to use a wired connection to see if that helps. That would eliminate the myriad of configuration issues that can lead to dropped connections. I can't even begin to list the many issues you can face with most Wifi connections. When simply browsing around on the internet, you're likely never to notice these issues, but once you're pulling down lots of data on a spotty or misconfigured Wifi network it can become very apparent quickly.

As a long time network guy I second this. Most things people use day to day (web browsing, email, Facebook etc) are very tolerant of bad and or slow connections. And if that's all you do you might think a bad connection is an OK one, until you do something that is network sensitive. It gives the initial appearance the thing you are doing is broken vs. your connection because everything else before it seemed ok.

Just something to think about. I see this frequently with things like VOIP and online gaming.

The one issue I notice most now in the age of Wfi extender proliferation is that access point roaming is either too aggressive or not aggressive enough. That's not even to mention compatibility issues with access points and extenders of various makes and models. Add to this interference from nearby networks and oversaturation and it becomes a real mess. I don't miss being a Wifi installer at all.

Reactions: DQ
The one issue I notice most now in the age of Wfi extender proliferation is that access point roaming is either too aggressive or not aggressive enough. That's not even to mention compatibility issues with access points and extenders of various makes and models. Add to this interference from nearby networks and oversaturation and it becomes a real mess. I don't miss being a Wifi installer at all.

In my opinion, Wifi has always been and continues to be a total pain for everything you just mentioned. Seems to only get worse as time goes on given new tech and new protocols/hardware. This seems to especially be the case with home Wifi stuff where the defaults never get tweaked for that particular environment. The worst one (in my opinion) is when they release stuff based on non-ratified RFC's. Sure it's cool to have the newest thing but until all that stuff is banged out all the way you are just asking for trouble. Again, all that is my 2 cents personally.

is when they release stuff based on non-ratified RFC's
Exactly, but Netgear has made a killing off this philosophy. They just expect you to want to replace every access point whenever the next gen stuff comes out. They wrote the book on "Marketing to Pro-sumers 101"

Exactly, but Netgear has made a killing off this philosophy. They just expect you to want to replace every access point whenever the next gen stuff comes out. They wrote the book on "Marketing to Pro-sumers 101"

Are you saying it might not be the best idea to buy the newest $1,000 Netgear router with the 30 antennas that looks like a bug from outer space? (attempt at humor there) :p

Are you saying it might not be the best idea to buy the newest $1,000 Netgear router with the 30 antennas that looks like a bug from outer space? (attempt at humor there) :p

If one is spending that much on Netgear, they might as well go and buy a Cisco AP :p

If one is spending that much on Netgear, they might as well go and buy a Cisco AP :p
I use a 137.00 Asus 3 antenna setup and it works in a 5000sq house, I only have 1 room in it but it works non the less.

I use a 137.00 Asus 3 antenna setup and it works in a 5000sq house, I only have 1 room in it but it works non the less.

Clearly you are not cool enough to own a router (that you had to skip a mortgage payment to purchase) with more antennas than a cell tower that looks like it might flip over, run across the room and rip out your jugular at 6E speeds!!! ;)

Clearly you are not cool enough to own a router (that you had to skip a mortgage payment to purchase) with more antennas than a cell tower that looks like it might flip over, run across the room and rip out your jugular at 6E speeds!!! ;)
I'm obviously not cool either cause if I had known about this I probably would've gotten one just to scare the cats a bit.

The logs suggest a network problem.

While this may very well be the issue. The strange thing here was that both these titles failed. So I selected another title and it d/l'd fine, so went back to the original title and it failed again, so I selected another title and it was also fine, so I went back and it failed. I must've tried 6 or 7 times on both titles before giving up on them. Every title in between d/l'd fine. Why??

It would be nice if AS had even more fault tolerance (if it's possible) - or even the ability to restart the d/l from where it failed. I don't really know a lot about this sort of thing, and I posted that in the long term AS will get better and better.

My network is wired.

While this may very well be the issue. The strange thing here was that both these titles failed. So I selected another title and it d/l'd fine, so went back to the original title and it failed again, so I selected another title and it was also fine, so I went back and it failed. I must've tried 6 or 7 times on both titles before giving up on them. Every title in between d/l'd fine. Why??

It would be nice if AS had even more fault tolerance (if it's possible) - or even the ability to restart the d/l from where it failed. I don't really know a lot about this sort of thing, and I posted that in the long term AS will get better and better.

My network is wired.

Can you download them with a regular downloader like aria2c, curl, or wget?

Can you download them with a regular downloader like aria2c, curl, or wget?

Never heard of these tools. Will investigate though. Are there any con's to getting the files this way? Any that use a gui? Or are portable (no install)?

One thing I'd like to comment on about this issue. I have watched countless titles using the AP player through the TV. There has never once been a freeze, glitch, pause, buffer, stall or anything to mar the video in any way shape or form. So why does AS have such trouble at times on certain titles?? This is a question from an ignorant that knows nothing about such things.

Never heard of these tools. Will investigate though. Are there any con's to getting the files this way? Any that use a gui? Or are portable (no install)?

They are just regular http(s)/ftp/etc downloaders (so they just download whatever you tell them to, they most definitely won't decrypt anything for you ;) ), no installers, just console versions. Find an official pre-compiled binary (aria2c is one of the better ones as it can do fancy stuff like split a long file into multiple chunks and download chunks in parallel (great if you have "spikey" connection, like cable)), and extract it to whatever directory you want, fire up cmd prompt and have fun ;)

They are just regular http(s)/ftp/etc downloaders (so they just download whatever you tell them to, they most definitely won't decrypt anything for you ;) ), no installers, just console versions. Find an official pre-compiled binary (aria2c is one of the better ones as it can do fancy stuff like split a long file into multiple chunks and download chunks in parallel (great if you have "spikey" connection, like cable)), and extract it to whatever directory you want, fire up cmd prompt and have fun ;)

Yeah...I figured on the first wink that would be the case ;). I'll have a look, although I can just use a browser to do the same thing can't I?

Back