• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.1.2.0 Slow during download

Vzxy

So, not that its huge deal since I just let it be while it's downloading for the most part, but the latest version is significantly slower to browse another provider once a download has begun. For example, I start a title download on AP and then try to click on the NF tab and it is very sluggish to respond. Likewise trying to open the settings also takes a very long time.

Just to be sure I've installed AS on another machine to troubleshoot and its the same on either of my machines. Just a heads up.

So, not that its huge deal since I just let it be while it's downloading for the most part, but the latest version is significantly slower to browse another provider once a download has begun. For example, I start a title download on AP and then try to click on the NF tab and it is very sluggish to respond. Likewise trying to open the settings also takes a very long time.

Just to be sure I've installed AS on another machine to troubleshoot and its the same on either of my machines. Just a heads up.
Thanks for the feedback, I think a lot of this has to do with low ghz CPU laptops vs powerful desktops, people multitasking while downloading, because I built my machine to specifications for CPU power. I am not sure this has any effect, I am not a developer, just a user like all the members. Just my thoughts.

It wasn't an issue with any previous version. It really isn't a problem.

It wasn't an issue with any previous version. It really isn't a problem.
Thank you for that, I misunderstood. I hope you enjoy the program as much as most of the members do.

Thanks for this note. We'll still look into it.

Ok, after further research, I've discovered that disabling Windows Defender real-time protection seems to fix the slowness during downloads. I remembered having seen a Security Intelligence update on both these machines recently and I think there is something going on there. It seems to slow down my other Chromium based browsers at times as well, so this may be an unintended side effect of that update. Probably not an AS-specific issue at all actually.

Ok, after further research, I've discovered that disabling Windows Defender real-time protection seems to fix the slowness during downloads. I remembered having seen a Security Intelligence update on both these machines recently and I think there is something going on there. It seems to slow down my other Chromium based browsers at times as well, so this may be an unintended side effect of that update. Probably not an AS-specific issue at all actually.

Do you disable the windows firewall? I have seen issues in the past where disabling the windows firewall would cause performance issues. I think it was always a bug type situation but this update you mention could have caused such a condition. Granted I only saw it a few times ever but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Good thing I'm not the one in charge. I'd have AnyStream disable access to the other tabs while a given stream is downloading. People do realize they can browse other provider's using a stand-alone browser don't they? I do that even when I'm not downloading something.

Good thing I'm not the one in charge. I'd have AnyStream disable access to the other tabs while a given stream is downloading. People do realize they can browse other provider's using a stand-alone browser don't they? I do that even when I'm not downloading something.
I am attempting to download something from NF at the same time. I am not browsing around.

I am attempting to download something from NF at the same time. I am not browsing around.
Again, good thing I'm not in charge. I'd have AnyStream only allow one stream to be downloaded at a time. To each his own, but downloading more than one stream at a time, why? That's ridiculous. Again, to each his own. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Again, good thing I'm not in charge. I'd have AnyStream only allow one stream to be downloaded at a time. To each his own, but downloading more than one stream at a time, why? That's ridiculous. Again, to each his own. Enjoy!
That would depend on how precious your time is. Imagine if two or more providers had the same show. More episodes twice as fast or 3 times as fast. Which already happens with imdb having some shows with commercials, while other channels on AP offer them without commercials.

That would depend on how precious your time is. Imagine if two or more providers had the same show. More episodes twice as fast or 3 times as fast. Which already happens with imdb having some shows with commercials, while other channels on AP offer them without commercials.
Well, the IMDb (Free with ads) content only includes commercials when you're actually streaming the content in the conventional way, actively streaming and watching it. That's been my experience so far anyway. I've downloaded a number of IMDb movies and TV episodes that call out "Free with ads" or whatever. In each case the stream I've downloaded has only included the feature presentation. AnyStream downloads. It's not a screen recorder. More specifically, AnyStream targets and downloads just the video file for the feature presentation, hence streams with ads that don't include the ads. That's the sense I get anyway.

Last edited:
Back