• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 20 Ultra version build 2702, 4-14-2021

whatever_gong82

April 14, 2021

Updates PowerDVD 20 to build 2702

Note: This patch is not for PowerDVD subscription version, hardware bundled/pre-installed versions, volume license, or versions purchased via the Microsoft Store and Steam.

Adds support for the new sign in mechanism for the YouTube video feature.

Removes the Home Media (DLNA) feature for this version. For more details, please refer to the FAQ.

User interface improvements and other minor bug fixes.

Note: This isn't the newest version of PowerDVD, which is PowerDVD 21.

https://www.cyberlink.com/

This isn't the newest version of PowerDVD, which is PowerDVD 21.

whatever_gong82, do you know if the latest version of 20 or PDVD 21 brings back 3-D support?

I used to be able to play 3-D movies on my 2D TV using AnyDVD and PDVD, until they removed all 3-D support in PDVD 20.

I would definitely upgrade or get 21 if that is re-instated.

(Yes, I know I could use SpeedMenu but my preference is keeping the disc as-is, Menus and all and using the AnyDVD option "Simulate connected 3D display".)

T

It's unlikely to ever return. Given that nVidia removed 3D support from their drivers it's likely what prompted them to nuke it. Yes, I'm aware Intel still supports it, nonetheless I'm sure they didn't want the "why does it work on X but not Y" support issues. Does it suck? Yup, it definitely does. But this is where we're at now.

It's unlikely to ever return. Given that nVidia removed 3D support from their drivers it's likely what prompted them to nuke it.

Ugh!

Yeah, that sounds like a good motivation for them to move away from 3-D.

Well, SpeedMenu it is!!!

Thanks,

T

OMG. Yet another useless update?

Pretty much. Honestly don't even think I've opened PowerDVD in nearly a year. I'm certainly not upgrading. If they ever add Dolby Vision capability I'll consider it but unless that happens, there's LITERALLY nothing new they can provide over previous "updates".

whatever_gong82, do you know if the latest version of 20 or PDVD 21 brings back 3-D support?

I used to be able to play 3-D movies on my 2D TV using AnyDVD and PDVD, until they removed all 3-D support in PDVD 20.

I would definitely upgrade or get 21 if that is re-instated.

(Yes, I know I could use SpeedMenu but my preference is keeping the disc as-is, Menus and all and using the AnyDVD option "Simulate connected 3D display".)

T
I don't think that PowerDVD 21 will ever have 3-D support, just like @SamuriHL mentioned earlier. If I was you, please go grab an unopened copy of PowerDVD 17 Ultra, 18 Ultra or 19 Ultra from Amazon, and make sure to not update it, because Cyberlink said on their Forum that any updates for the previous versions of PowerDVD that goes past the date of the introduction of PowerDVD 20 will remove the 3-D option for PowerDVD.

:)

... because Cyberlink said on their Forum that any updates for the previous versions of PowerDVD that goes past the date of the introduction of PowerDVD 20 will remove the 3-D option for PowerDVD.
Really? :(

... please go grab an unopened copy of PowerDVD 17 Ultra, 18 Ultra or 19 Ultra from Amazon

I actually have those PDVD versions laying around, but if I use those, then I lose the ability to play UHD without an Intel GPU, which only happened in 20.

That takes precedence over 3-D since I only have a handful of 3-D movies and I guess hundreds of UHD's.

Ya just can't win!

... make sure to not update it, because Cyberlink said on their Forum that any updates for the previous versions of PowerDVD that goes past the date of the introduction of PowerDVD 20 will remove the 3-D option for PowerDVD.

You gotta be kidding me!

That's crazy.

Thanks for telling me, I'll make sure not to update those versions of PDVD ever again.

T

Back