• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Limit download speed vs. quality

MattLx

Is there an increased chance of getting glitches in the final file if I ramp up the download speed? I was only planning to go to 2x, but first just wondered if this option impacts quality at all. Or maybe it is really just about controlling data consumption rates. Thanks, Matt

AS downloads, doesn't re-encode, so just crank it up to whatever speed you feel comfortable with

I've been using unlimited since the start of closed beta ik april last year. That's now a full year of use, I've yet to see ANY negative impact. Don't think I ever will either.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have read on here in some of the posts asking for explanations as to why the video bit rate on the downloads is at the lowest quality vs highest.

I am still using the trial and have one of your competitors products. While they do get the highest bitrate for video they do not for the audio. Anystream is the opposite. Gets the best audio but the lowest video (and it is clearly a visible difference)

1. In those posts (to which I cant find now) it appeared this was a known issue and was being addressed? Is this accurate?

2. Are there any plans to set up an automated queue with your choices of A/V and Subs? If so please use "keep awake" commands if needed.

3. Asked in another thread already but will ask here too. Any plans to add 4k downloads as well? *disregard as was answered in the other thread*

Thanks for the info and as usual keep up the great work!

I am still using the trial and have one of your competitors products. While they do get the highest bitrate for video they do not for the audio. Anystream is the opposite. Gets the best audio but the lowest video (and it is clearly a visible difference)
AnyStream should always get the highest bitrate for video (audio is a matter of selection choice).
There was a bug in recent versions causing Disney+ downloads to be a random choice (usually resulting in the worst bit rate, because that tends to be the first one listed).
But that should be fixed - now the best one is chosen. Do you still get low quality? Which provider? If so, can you post a log file?

There used to be a bug related to how bitrate is selected, but it has been eliminated a few versions ago. Please make sure you are using the latest version available.

I do have the latest update and I still only get 1200-2000 on everything and the video quality is not good at all vs the actual stream or the competition. I have seen on this forum screenshots of the available bitrates and these are the lowest on that list. I cant find that post either now to refer to but nothing I download exceeds 2000.

As you can see your vs theirs comparison below.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Bitrate comp.jpg
    Bitrate comp.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 45
You're comparing the efficiency of coding at Main 4 with 1 ref frame vs High 4 with 4 ref frames? Seriously? C'mon!

What I am comparing is the download bitrate for each product, the visual quality is noticeable from the get go. Bitrate has everything to do with quality. If AS is only downloading the lowest then that should be addressed or figure out what I am doing wrong. Since there is no option to confirm bitrate I am at the mercy of the app.

I cant control how or what AS downloads. I am just showing what it is downloading vs the comp....

What I am comparing is the download bitrate for each product, the visual quality is noticeable from the get go. Bitrate has everything to do with quality. If AS is only downloading the lowest then that should be addressed or figure out what I am doing wrong. Since there is no option to confirm bitrate I am at the mercy of the app.

I cant control how or what AS downloads. I am just showing what it is downloading vs the comp....
Please don't use up all your trial tokens if you are dissatisfied, wait until the next version comes out and try again. We will see you I hope when that happens.

I am confident the issue will eventually get fixed. But I have been re downloading through the trial to compare bitrates. As I have just redownloaded Daredevil s03e05 at 6734 where as s03e09 (as well as the other episodes) back to a 2093?

I have used anydvd since its inception and love it.

So I have uninstalled and reinstalled to see where that gets me?

The free 21-day trial version of AnyStream is limited to approximately 10 downloads. You have a quota of 10 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every day. This amounts to a maximum of 31 downloads over the trial period of 21 days.

Here is the current results.

I have redownloaded some and the bitrate using AS went from 1200-1500 up to 2000 and almost 7000, yet bitrate is inconsistent.

The low bitrate is crappy and the high bitrate is great.

As you can see from the screenshot and thus my questions?

Attachments

• AnyStream Bitrate comp.jpg
    AnyStream Bitrate comp.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 28
Here is the current results.

I have redownloaded some and the bitrate using AS went from 1200-1500 up to 2000 and almost 7000, yet bitrate is inconsistent.

The low bitrate is crappy and the high bitrate is great.

As you can see from the screenshot and thus my questions?
I have poor eyesight and cannot read the screenshot, but I am sure others with better eyesight may be able to. Thank you for your insight. Perhaps an included logfile might also be of help to the developers. In the top left of the GUI you will see File-Create log file, create it, and upload to the forum, thank you.

Back