• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SIngle layer copy from double layer master

Brian_Manchester

I have been trying to create a single layer copy of a double layer disk.

The trouble is the 'master' disk is in very bad condition.

The only thing I have found that will get all the way through (in a reasonable amount of time) to read it is CloneCD.

It has created 8 files named IMAGE.000 to IMAGE.007, and a file named IMAGE.dvd

I know the file IMAGE.dvd contains a list of the IMAGE files, and information about the layer break.

QUESTIONS

(1) Am I correct in thinking that if the files IMAGE.000 to IMAGE.007 were joined together they would create, effectively, the IMAGE.iso file?

(2) If so, how do I join them together?

(3) If not - how can I process them to create a single layer disk image file?

I'm expect I'm being very stupid in this, but any help or useful suggestions would be very welcome.

I appreciate the fast response, but I'm afraid it didn't really answer what I asked.

I know CloneCD won't do the size reduction for me (I'll use DVD Shrink).

My quesions are still there:-

If I joined the IMAGE files together that CloneCD has created on my HD, will that be the same as an .iso image? (put another way, has the original disk .iso image just been split up into the separate 1GByte parts).

If that is so, what program would you suggest for joining them together?

I appreciate the fast response, but I'm afraid it didn't really answer what I asked.

I know CloneCD won't do the size reduction for me (I'll use DVD Shrink).

My quesions are still there:-

If I joined the IMAGE files together that CloneCD has created on my HD, will that be the same as an .iso image? (put another way, has the original disk .iso image just been split up into the separate 1GByte parts).

If that is so, what program would you suggest for joining them together?

Clonecd is for 1:1 backups. It won't join files. In my opinion, Clonecd is the wrong approach for what you want (I also think ripping isos is the wrong approach).

I would probably rip video files with Clonedvd2 and use another program to join the video files.

I'll move this thread to the "Third Party App" forum. Perhaps someone there can help you out further.

Since you already *have* Shrink.. why not just make sure AnyDVD is running, and then just rip the main movie to the drive with Shrink (no compression).

Then re-open the folder with Shrink, and de-select all the streams you don't need - and do a redux to a DVD5 size? Once the redux is on the drive you can burn it with Nero, or whatever burner you usually use.

If the disk is "so-so" a soft rag and some furniture polish have saved a few for me - at least to get one good rip outta them to back them up fresh.

-W

There are also scratch remover devices on the market... A great thing to have around. I would try to repair the disc and then use clonedvd2, nero recode, or similar.

Back