• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request

WIHanddoc

Any chance of extending downloads to 4K resolution? I have been considering an upgrade of my Netflix subscription to the Premium Plan and would like to do downloads of shows available in 4K. I know that 1080P can be converted to 4K, but that takes a lot of computer time/energy. I have moved my movie purchases to only 4K unless a movie is only available in 1080P. I believe that the majority of households now have at least one 4k TV so this may be a feature others would support. Any chance of extending the resolution available for downloads to 4K? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I just recently purchased AnyStream. I couldn't see any mention of it in the feature requests sticky and when I tried to search for 4K it was rejected as being too short for the search function.

Simple answer is: Netflix and others don't like it when people can download and "share" (just the possibility of sharing) their streams and they get super ANAL with 4K content.

So are the content providers like Netflix aware of when AnyStream is downloading an episode as compared to just viewing an episode? Otherwise how would they know the difference?

AnyStream itself simulates a user navigating to a title and start watching. Now as to 4k, highly unlikely, not because they don't want to but without going into technical details it's due to security/encryption limitations that there's currently no (easy) way around for.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So what you are saying is that it is technically not possible now due to an unbroken encryption scheme? I can always hope that the encryption presently in place can be broken similar to the way AnyDVD breaks the encryption on Blu-ray discs. Would it be comparable to that? Are you presently working on breaking the encryption or can't you answer that?

So what you are saying is that it is technically not possible now due to an unbroken encryption scheme? I can always hope that the encryption presently in place can be broken similar to the way AnyDVD breaks the encryption on Blu-ray discs. Would it be comparable to that? Are you presently working on breaking the encryption or can't you answer that?
It may be possible or not (even if possible, it seems to be very hard), but please note that they don't want to discuss this technical information in public.
So even when they are working on this or if they have information about the technical process no one will give you an answer.
You only will know it when it is in the chancelog from a new update.

Back