• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What does Anystream do in post processing.

Watcher0363

What does Anystream do in post processing? And does the amount of hard drive space available slow or speed the process up. The reason I am asking, in order to avoid so much transferring of files, I finally figured out how to navigate to an area on my server. I believe this helps with download speeds. However the post processing time gets longer and longer I believe as the amount of space available shrinks. My understanding of how my server was set up, I only have 100 gigs of space for certain activities, the rest of it is devoted to pure storage. If having more space available for post processing will speed things up, I think I can increase the dedicated space, still. If it will not, then I will need to find some middle ground for moving files.

to put it simple, it combines the seperate audio/video tracks and places them in the mp4 container and finalises that so it can play back properly.

There is no moving of files around. All operations are performed on the output file, although, it grows a bit during the post-processing stage.

Thanks for the replies. After hearing what it does, the way I had things set up. Probably means data is flowing from my pc through my router to the server and back again. Which means things are slower in post processing. Could Anystream run on a virtual machine operating on a qnap server?

Thanks for the replies. After hearing what it does, the way I had things set up. Probably means data is flowing from my pc through my router to the server and back again. Which means things are slower in post processing. Could Anystream run on a virtual machine operating on a qnap server?
Yes it can. That is how I am running mine. I have a Windows 10 VM set up on my TVS-882BR. It works great. I am running an i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (4 cores, 8 threads) with 40GB of memory. The VM is assigned 4 cores because I also run handbrake in the VM to rip DVD and Blu-ray disks. I also run BOINC natively on the QNAP using all threads (at a lower priority). Everything runs great. Of course YMMV depending on your setup.

Yes it can. That is how I am running mine. I have a Windows 10 VM set up on my TVS-882BR. It works great. I am running an i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (4 cores, 8 threads) with 40GB of memory. The VM is assigned 4 cores because I also run handbrake in the VM to rip DVD and Blu-ray disks. I also run BOINC natively on the QNAP using all threads (at a lower priority). Everything runs great. Of course YMMV depending on your setup.
You are correct, only the trial cannot be run in VM.
Running AnyStream in a Virtual Machine requires a valid AnyStream license, trial versions will not work in VMs

Back