• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: Remember last used Audio Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartman0208

I'm not sure if that is already covered by any other request. If so, I apologize.

I'd love to have the last used audio settings remembered.
On TV series usualy select 192kbit/5.1 on 720p
The video setting is remembered, but audio always seems to reset to the best available on the next episode/download.

An alternative could be an option in the download settings.

AS should auto-remember your last used option...

Unfortunately it does not for me.

Currently I'm on "Bosch" Season 3 Episode 10 and for every previous episode I had to set audio from the selected 640kbit/5.1 to 192kbit/5.1 manually.

Guess the request you mentioned is already (partially) implemented?
I will try to uninstall/reinstall AS and see if it helps in my case.

It's not at all, its currently being considered. What you're happens now (auto-selecting of tracks) is default behavior. Though it may be somewhat buggy due to hte latest major rewrite of internal components. It's not remembering subtitle track selection for me on the D+ side.

Despite going off-topic: I can select a lot of audio tracks, so something is beyond the phase of consideration ;)

configuration.png

The Not-Remembering happend for me since 1.0.9.0
Video and Subtitle selection are remembered
If the audio setting SHOULD be remembered, then it might be an older bug nobody noticed?
Maybe something region specific? AS is set to english but my region is germany/austria
Would the log help?

Well.. personally, I don't understand why this should be only under consideration since it's a must have and not a nice to have. Maybe working with profiles would be great. By Example, Profile 720p... Video Resolution, audio language bitrate and subtitle...

So yeah, +1 for profiles or anything like it to pick manually.

If Audio and or Video Resolution not in the list for some episodes, would just have to popup and tell ya to pick the one you want. But this shoulndn't be an issue with 720p and or 1080p since it's always there by default.

Ho, and by the way, I always have to pick manually the LANGAGE... and other stuff everytime, it doesn't remember at all...

Last edited:
Well.. personally, I don't understand why this should be only under consideration since it's a must have and not a nice to have. Maybe working with profiles would be great. By Example, Profile 720p... Video Resolution, audio language bitrate and subtitle...

So yeah, +1 for profiles or anything like it to pick manually.

If Audio and or Video Resolution not in the list for some episodes, would just have to popup and tell ya to pick the one you want. But this shoulndn't be an issue with 720p and or 1080p since it's always there by default.

Ho, and by the way, I always have to pick manually the LANGAGE... and other stuff everytime, it doesn't remember at all...
Its a new program and its still getting better, I cannot promise anything but I am sure the developers will read your request and take it into serious consideration. Thanks.

Its a new program and its still getting better, I cannot promise anything but I am sure the developers will read your request and take it into serious consideration. Thanks.

I do understand this is a new program and it will get more mature overtime. Unfortunately, when you pay for something, you really want something at least working from day 1.

For the one who had paid for a year, like me, I don't think we will get an extension of using the application because of the bugs encountered and or other stuff not working properly.

It's already been a full year the software is out.

Thanx.
Regards.

I do understand this is a new program and it will get more mature overtime. Unfortunately, when you pay for something, you really want something at least working from day 1.

For the one who had paid for a year, like me, I don't think we will get an extension of using the application because of the bugs encountered and or other stuff not working properly.

It's already been a full year the software is out.

Thanx.
Regards.
And for all intents and purposes, it worked nearly perfectly. Sorry, you are not satisfied. Everyone knew coming in that this was a new software written from the bottom up, perhaps you should have waited a year before buying then. Redfox always delivers the best products in the world. Again, I am sorry you are disappointed. For me it's perfect. This program like all of Redfox software has a free trial, you should have used it and if not satisfied, waited until you were.
Regards
RF 1

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, this is the only reason I have bought the software, for the noun of the company. I have been using their software since forever and I know what they can deliver but this one, I think it's a no go for now. (read at the bottom why)

I don't know were you are looking when you say it's working perfectly but anyway, I do respect your statement... For myself, this is what I have found with the software itself:

-- Everyday, it's always a challendge to download from Amazon. The speed is never consistent even if I have a dedicated 1 gig per second internet connection. Somedays, it takes 2 to 3 minutes to download a 1080p file and others, it takes 1 hour.

-- The size of the file is never the same;

-- The CRB vs CRVB;

-- No batch download; (even if I have read by someone here from the crew that they are against it)

-- Always have to re-select the language, video resolution, audio bitrate and subtitle instead of having something to manually check.

These are the major stuff... rest is minor...

Thanx. Regards.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, this is the only reason I have bought the software, for the noun of the company. I have been using their software since forever and I know what they can deliver but this one, I think it's a no go for now. (read at the bottom why)

I don't know were you are looking when you say it's working perfectly but anyway, I do respect your statement... For myself, this is what I have found with the software itself:

-- Everyday, it's always a challendge to download from Amazon. The speed is never consistent even if I have a dedicated 1 gig per second internet connection. Somedays, it takes 2 to 3 minutes to download a 1080p file and others, it takes 1 hour.

-- The size of the file is never the same;

-- The CRB vs CRVB;

-- No batch download; (even if I have read by someone here from the crew that they are against it)

-- Always have to re-select the language, video resolution, audio bitrate and subtitle instead of having something to manually check.

These are the major stuff...

Thanx. Regards.
Like I said you should have used the trial. If not satisfied, waited until you were. That's what a free trial is for. Try it before you buy it. For now, I can say it almost perfect, except for a few small things, completely perfect. Again, sorry you are disappointed, there will most probably be a new version coming soon, maybe you will like that one. I hope so. Good night.

I hate add any kind of fuel to the fire, but I read so many negative comments about the software. The tone is not one of being helpful, but rather hitting the developer's hard for putting out a poor and misrepresented product. Baloney. I have had the program for all of a couple of weeks and downloaded my fair share of video - every one of them fine (I can't say perfect because I have no way to know). No truncation, no slow downloads, no pixilation, ability to download from all 3 sources. Anyway - someone has to tell the developers that the program seems to be working fine. And as for batch downloading - I would much rather see it limited; so much room for abuse and perhaps tipping our hand a little too much. It's not a case of "I bought it, I want it to do this". As RedFox1 put it, you had ample time to trial the software - if it was inferior, no one put the gun to your head and said buy it.

I hate add any kind of fuel to the fire, but I read so many negative comments about the software. The tone is not one of being helpful, but rather hitting the developer's hard for putting out a poor and misrepresented product. Baloney. I have had the program for all of a couple of weeks and downloaded my fair share of video - every one of them fine (I can't say perfect because I have no way to know). No truncation, no slow downloads, no pixilation, ability to download from all 3 sources. Anyway - someone has to tell the developers that the program seems to be working fine. And as for batch downloading - I would much rather see it limited; so much room for abuse and perhaps tipping our hand a little too much. It's not a case of "I bought it, I want it to do this". As RedFox1 put it, you had ample time to trial the software - if it was inferior, no one put the gun to your head and said buy it.
I appreciate your kind and truthful words. most of the customers think as you do and we appreciate it. Thank you.

BTW, I have read somewhere in this forum that 280 episodes is the max you can download. So yes, there is a limitation. Unfortunately, the competition is there and they do batch downloading. So you have to follow the parade.

Like said before, I have bought almost entirely Redfox catalog and I am sorry I didn't tried first the software. I have based myself on it should be good because of the history of the company. Anyway, will do next time, in a year when my license will be out.

By example, why refusing to create an MKV files when it's only a question of remuxing the file. Remuxing takes only 2 to 3 minutes and this is what I have to do manually everytime because I don't like MP4... anyway, anystream already does these steps at the end. So instead of being an MP4, it would be only a container called MKV. That's it. This is what I mean by the competition is around. MKV is by far the most used container.

Thanx.
Regards.

Last edited:
Anyway, what is the difference between download a file and streaming it. It's the same.

The competition uses screen recorder they are not downloaders. They also charge you for each provider that you want to use. But of course the choice is up to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a screen recorder that I am happy with - I mean I can record anything that I can open a Window in, and grab it as long as I have a subscription. But even having a low end RTX card, the best speed the thing can give me, reliably is 1.75x. AS is very different. The download speed is amazing in comparison, and I don't have to worry about moving my mouse, or using my computer for anything but. And - the screen recorder always records at a lower bitrate and resolution when compared to AS. It's output is MKV.

Both have their purposes, but if the content is available in AS, why go anywhere else?

The competition uses screen recorder they are not downloaders. They also charge you for each provider that you want to use. But of course the choice is up to you

If you think that AS's competition is the likes of monkey, you've grossly misjudged the environment/misidentified the market, true competition consists of a five letter word that starts with an 's' and ends with an 'e'.

If you think that AS's competition is the likes of monkey, you've grossly misjudged the environment/misidentified the market, true competition consists of a five letter word that starts with an 's' and ends with an 'e'.
I really do not wish to discuss this, we do not discuss competition on this forum. Thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back