• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request: Allow selection of bitrate when availalbe

VonB.

I've seen several posts now where AS is automatically selecting low bit rates when higher bit rates are available. Maybe AS should allow us to select the desired bitrates instead of assuming what we want?

Under consideration since Sept 2020. How long does it take to consider something?

Under consideration since Sept 2020. How long does it take to consider something?
It's all up to the Developer, we actually do not know. He would have to say. I guess things are done in an orderly fashion, first the bugs than the extras. I am just guessing.

I apologize to the mods and Redfox in advance.

But due to this being just one example of many, I have to say something. I am sick to death of bad attitudes such as this. It poisons what is otherwise a very happy and helpful community. There are constructive ways to ask questions and get your point across. Being an arsehole is NOT one of them.

Anyone with some sort of self awareness and common sense would understand that Redfox offers a niche software that comes with it some special considerations and understanding. This is especially given that I assume the Redfox products are developed by a small team.

Sure, we give them money so their is responsibility there to deliver updates and fixes. However the afore mentioned facts mean ,again, that understanding and patience is needed. And when has Redfox NOT delivered?

This business of being demanding, impatient and an all around d1ckhead DOES NOTHING to get the updates or fixes we desire. It just probably makes a bunch of folks that are Redfox and that use these forums sick of your crap.

Everything above is my opinion, I speak for no one else but myself.

Mods, if this is overly spicy and it needs to be deleted I understand.

I apologize to the mods and Redfox in advance.

But due to this being just one example of many, I have to say something. I am sick to death of bad attitudes such as this. It poisons what is otherwise a very happy and helpful community. There are constructive ways to ask questions and get your point across. Being an arsehole is NOT one of them.

Anyone with some sort of self awareness and common sense would understand that Redfox offers a niche software that comes with it some special considerations and understanding. This is especially given that I assume the Redfox products are developed by a small team.

Sure, we give them money so their is responsibility there to deliver updates and fixes. However the afore mentioned facts mean ,again, that understanding and patience is needed. And when has Redfox NOT delivered?

This business of being demanding, impatient and an all around d1ckhead DOES NOTHING to get the updates or fixes we desire. It just probably makes a bunch of folks that are Redfox and that use these forums sick of your crap.

Everything above is my opinion, I speak for no one else but myself.

Mods, if this is overly spicy and it needs to be deleted I understand.
I totally agree with your opinion, very well said. But I have to add that there are several forumposts in which is stated that the program automatically selects the best bitrate available, but it is clearly not doing that. So I think that it’s a bug that needs to be fixed.

Reactions: DQ
I totally agree with your opinion, very well said. But I have to add that there are several forumposts in which is stated that the program automatically selects the best bitrate available, but it is clearly not doing that. So I think that it’s a bug that needs to be fixed.

Thank you for your words and your level tone. I agree that this seems to be some sort of an issue. But as I mentioned I personally believe some understanding and patience is required. I am sure the confusion will be figured out and the issue will be addressed. One of the things I do for a living is troubleshooting on a high level and I can tell you half of that battle is just figuring out what is wrong based on the evidence at hand. Only after that can you fix what is wrong.

You have yourself a blessed day.

Back