• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How set delay in Autoplay?

Icaro

Is there any way to set a delay in DVD and BD Autoplay?
This is to give Anydvd time to read the disc or image.
I use JRiver as a player, the problem is that the player (in Autoplay) starts before AnyDVD has finished scanning the disc, and this generates a problem, it sends the player in a loop.
Is it possible to set a delay between the player and Anydvd?
I also use VCD in automount

Thanks

AnyDVD can launch a script when the disc is ready.
Instead of running Jriver in autoplay make Anydvd run a script that launches Jriver

If it’s still there, there is an undocumented feature and the path to the key may be different with the latest version of Anydvd.

Undocumented feature :
Add a string registry value in HKCU\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Settings called
Playerfilename.

This should be a batch file, where you can do whatever you want. As it is intended to start playback software, it is called *after* the disc is visible.

But you would need to manually exit Jriver after playback ends to re-arm the feature.

You might be better off requesting the Jriver developer to add a new feature to autoplay.

Last edited:
@whirpool

Thanks for the reply,
could you help me compile the batch file ?
i am not capable

the player is located in:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 27\Media Center 27.exe

And my Drive letters are "G" and "F"

Thanks

Last edited:
@whirpool

Thanks for the reply,
could you help me compile the batch file, i am not capable?

the player is located in:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 27\Media Center 27.exe

Thanks

Will check if the undocumented key is still available and try a test script.
Some other user has probably implemented this already.

Last edited:
Yes it's still available:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/rip-on-insert-for-anydvd.51240/page-2#post-363621

but it was written for AutoRip
instead I would just like to launch the player (JRiver) when Anydvd has finished scanning
It's possible ?

Yes, launching Jriver manually after Anydvd has made the disc available seems the easiest solution, but these days automation is king.

There is also the facility to launch an external program on media change in Anydvd’s settings which is worth investigating and may be the simplest option.

There is also the facility to launch an external program on media change in Anydvd’s settings which is worth investigating and may be the simplest option.
NO!
This is called *before*' the OS is aware of the disc change, to do things which need to be done *before* the disc is present.
Normal Windows autoplay is triggered *after* AnyDVD has done its magic and will (should) work fine for playback software.

Can the undocumented feature be used to launch after Anydvd makes the disc available ?
Undocumented feature :
Playerfilename.

If so, what’s the name of the data item under the key Playerfilename ?

Last edited:
No, I have written this for playback. To have all possible options like different refresh rate, different playback software for different disc types, 3D, 2D, etc.

Ok
but to launch JRiver after scanning AnyDVD what should I do?

I also tried putting JRiver as an external program in AnyDVD, but it starts before AnyDVD finished scanning
Thanks!

Need the answer to “Undocumented feature :
Playerfilename.

If so, what’s the name of the data item under the key Playerfilename ?”

Else

launching Jriver manually after Anydvd has made the disc available seems the easiest solution

Finally (for the time being), I solved via batch file:
in Mediaportal, play on the movie, and launch the .bat,
which opens AnyDVD and after 3 seconds opens JRiver in Autoplay

Can the undocumented feature be used to launch after Anydvd makes the disc available ?
Undocumented feature :
Playerfilename.
Yes, of course! As I said: I have written this for playback. To have all possible options like different refresh rate, different playback software for different disc types, 3D, 2D, etc.

If so, what’s the name of the data item under the key Playerfilename ?
The full path to a batch command, e.g. C:\Autostart\Test.cmd
However, you need restart AnyDVD to make it check the registry value.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/rip-on-insert-for-anydvd.51240/page-2#post-363621

Finally (for the time being), I solved via batch file:
in Mediaportal, play on the movie, and launch the .bat,
which opens AnyDVD and after 3 seconds opens JRiver in Autoplay
Bad idea. Avoid to start / stop / start / stop AnyDVD. AnyDVD is part of the operating system, and starting / stopping it is very expensive.
If AnyDVD is left running, normal Windows autoplay should work just fine.

launching Jriver manually after Anydvd has made the disc available seems the easiest solution
Nobody can see a disc until AnyDVD is finished with it.
Leave AnyDVD running ALL THE TIME. Problem solved.

Yes, of course! As I said: I have written this for playback. To have all possible options like different refresh rate, different playback software for different disc types, 3D, 2D, etc.

The full path to a batch command, e.g. C:\Autostart\Test.cmd
However, you need restart AnyDVD to make it check the registry value.

Thanks James,
so how should I compile the batch, to start AnyDVD, and then JRiver at the end of the disk scan?

Thanks James,
so how should I compile the batch, to start AnyDVD, and then JRiver at the end of the disk scan?
Do you really need to? Windows autoplay isn't sufficient?

Assuming player.exe wants the drive letter as a parameter:
Code:
@echo off
pushd c:\path\to\player
player.exe %1
popd
Save this in a file, e.g. called playerstart.cmd

Write this in the registry value
Code:
c:\path\to\playerstart\playerstart.cmd

But again, there should be no need to do this, if AnyDVD is used correctly.

Thanks James,
And very important: LEAVE ANYDVD RUNNING. The magic won't work otherwise. Insert the disc / image / whatever with AnyDVD running.
Otherwise AnyDVD MUST remove the disc from the system (EXPENSIVE! DANGEROUS! Locks may be open, programs already accessing it, autoplay in progress), process it, re-insert it.

Thanks James,
Simple: DO NOT START ANYDVD. LET IT RUN the way it is designed to, as part of the operating system.

Back