• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Battlestar Galactica (2003) - No good MPLS shows when ripping discs

Started ripping this series last night and checked the summary page as they were processing and had no listing for good MPLS. The hitch is they've got doubles of each episode...on every disc and no information on which is good.

I've got 4 seasons of this to encode...I've opened it in BDInfo and it lists 00020 & 00030 next to each other and so on down the line. Both "appear" to be the same...the only difference I can see in BDInfo is that 00030 has the second CODEC rem'd out (*) to disable Advanced Profile 2.

BSG_1.jpg
BSG_1b.jpg
Anyone have any ideas how to sort this out easily?

That's probably what's called 'angles' which usually is visible in intro/outro credits and in-video signs being in a different language.

Doesn't look like screenpass to me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That's probably what's called 'angles' which usually is visible in intro/outro credits and in-video signs being in a different language.

Doesn't look like screenpass to me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Looking into the asterisk and it means that the playlist has hidden tracks.

"(*) Some playlists on this disc have hidden tracks. These tracks are marked with an asterisk.

So the question is use that or the other?

Use elby CloneBD and its wonderful preview player.

Thanks for starting this thread. I JUST bought the complete BSG set and plan on ripping this weekend. I don't have CloneBD (yet ;-) ) but remember this problem from the Batman 1960s TV show BDs. I think it was the same issue; but didn't really matter which copy I ripped.

OK @James I am looking forward to trying it out. Love Redfox software!

Meanwhile, @Digital Hunter , while I use AnyDVDHD to decode the disc, I actually use MakeMKV to do my ripping. This is what S1D2 of the set I have looks like in that tool:

upload_2021-4-2_8-53-32.png

I just deselect the ones that don't show chapter marks; those are usually the extra ones that can be deleted. This disc has two special features that I'm having it rip, in addition to the 5 episodes. I'll see what the features are and delete them or keep them based on what they are.

The combination of perfect decoding by AnyDVDHD and convenient ripping with MakeMKV has been my go-to for a dozen years...

OK @James I am looking forward to trying it out. Love Redfox software!

Meanwhile, @Digital Hunter , while I use AnyDVDHD to decode the disc, I actually use MakeMKV to do my ripping. This is what S1D2 of the set I have looks like in that tool:

View attachment 56122

I just deselect the ones that don't show chapter marks; those are usually the extra ones that can be deleted. This disc has two special features that I'm having it rip, in addition to the 5 episodes. I'll see what the features are and delete them or keep them based on what they are.

The combination of perfect decoding by AnyDVDHD and convenient ripping with MakeMKV has been my go-to for a dozen years...
I also have the M software, but since this is the AnyDVD HD Forum, I'll let others know that using AnyDVD in conjunction with CloneBD is an excellent way to find out the proper MPLS for any Blu-ray disc and to check out any ScreenPass discs as well.

:)

Back