• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Corel WinDVD 12 Pro doesn't read UHD

You didn't get the same message. Op has a runtime error, with Corel WinDVD. you pressed no on a normal app update to update it's AACS component from Cyberlink Powerdvd. Different problem with divergent software. Your problem is self inflicted. Next time press yes, it's a normal thing to update.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You didn't get the same message. Op has a runtime error, with Corel WinDVD. you pressed no on a normal app update to update it's AACS component from Cyberlink Powerdvd. Different problem with divergent software. Your problem is self inflicted. Next time press yes, it's a normal thing to update.

No. Press "NO" and use AnyDVD. :)

It was the same message. I made a different thread about it.
It is the exact same message I got when I pressed yes it would block screencap. I haven't been able to reverse it since. Please read the other posts because I said before that Corel even said it does not support UHD and that was why I was getting the runtime error.

EDIT: I didn't mean anything passive, my bad. I just wanted to let you know just incase.

The Cyberlink AACS component update is irrelevant to your screencap issue.
It’s just the periodic update to handle new discs.
It’s well documented that screen capture from UHD is denied due to infringement of copyright.

If you have AnyDVD the AACS update is irrelevant anyway.

The Cyberlink AACS component update is irrelevant to your screencap issue.
It’s just the periodic update to handle new discs.
It’s well documented that screen capture from UHD is denied due to infringement of copyright.

If you have AnyDVD the AACS update is irrelevant anyway.

Please read the thread I made about this screencap issue before. I am 100% confident that was the exact same message I got. I managed to trigger the popup by forcing PowerDVD to read all discs as DVD. As irrelevant as you think it is, I am telling you that this is infact relevant because this issue started after I agreed to this AACS update. If you did you'd know this is for ALL my discs except DVD, I only have one UHD disc and I've already given up trying to make that work now. Basically now I'm just trying to figure out now why PowerDVD blocks all my discs now.

Please read the thread I made about this screencap issue before. I am 100% confident that was the exact same message I got. I managed to trigger the popup by forcing PowerDVD to read all discs as DVD. As irrelevant as you think it is, I am telling you that this is infact relevant because this issue started after I agreed to this AACS update. If you did you'd know this is for ALL my discs except DVD, I only have one UHD disc and I've already given up trying to make that work now. Basically now I'm just trying to figure out now why PowerDVD blocks all my discs now.
You could try to uninstall PowerDVD (20?) completely and reinstall it, if you haven't done this already. And say "no" to AACS update.

You could try to uninstall PowerDVD (20?) completely and reinstall it, if you haven't done this already. And say "no" to AACS update.

Yes, I will try. I have tried uninstalling PowerDVD 20 only and 19 didn't work still, but I have not tried with only 20 on my system. I'll update you soon.

Yes, I will try. I have tried uninstalling PowerDVD 20 only and 19 didn't work still, but I have not tried with only 20 on my system. I'll update you soon.

I uninstalled it all and reinstalled PowerDVD 20 entirely and updated AnyDVD to the newest release just incase, I immediately got the AACS message and I pressed no. It still blocks screencapping.

This happens with all my discs, even older releases from 2014. I used one that usually wouldn't be blocked by capping too, same story still.
Incase the recording did not attach, you can download it here.

Attachments

• Eromanga Sensei Vol 1 AU Release.png
    Eromanga Sensei Vol 1 AU Release.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 2021-04-02 00-00-11.mp4
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Correct, the AACS update simply enables PowerDVD to handle new disc releases. Nothing to do with Screencap.

Correct, the AACS update simply enables PowerDVD to handle new disc releases. Nothing to do with Screencap.

But that doesn't answer why pressing yes to it blocked screencapping.

But that doesn't answer why pressing yes to it blocked screencapping.

Actually, it could have been a Windows update that blocked screencap, just coincidence that you pressed yes on the Cyberlink AACS update.

Cyberlink are using a feature of the O/S to enforce DRM.

Actually, it could have been a Windows update that blocked screencap, just coincidence that you pressed yes on the Cyberlink AACS update.

Cyberlink are using a feature of the O/S to enforce DRM.

So it blocks it for you too? I don't think it was a coincidence that it stopped working right after I pressed yes. I had watched a disc just the day before and I do not turn my computer off. I'm doubting that possibility, sorry.

There's an operating system "feature" that disables screen capture for video apps designed to play copy-protected video - PowerDVD, iTunes, some streaming platforms like Netflix and Disney+.

There's an operating system "feature" that disables screen capture for video apps designed to play copy-protected video - PowerDVD, iTunes, some streaming platforms like Netflix and Disney+.

Is there a way to disable it? I seem to be the only one with this issue.

You are not the only user with this issue and it cannot be disabled....

See :
Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by campdude, May 16, 2017.

“Yes, because it's not a drm. It's a limitation built into PowerDVD. There's nothing AnyDVD can do about it.

If you want screenshots, you'll have to use an unlicensed player such as VLC or mpc-hc”

You are not the only user with this issue and it cannot be disabled....

See :
Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by campdude, May 16, 2017.

“Yes, because it's not a drm. It's a limitation built into PowerDVD. There's nothing AnyDVD can do about it.

If you want screenshots, you'll have to use an unlicensed player such as VLC or mpc-hc”

That's unfortunate. I just don't understand why it isn't consistent. First it blocks it, I get AnyDVD and it fixes it, then it blocks it again, and it's only for some people. I guess I can try using Leawo's Blu-ray player, but it quite literally has the worst menu support ever.

You need to read this statement “It's a limitation built into PowerDVD. There's nothing AnyDVD can do about it.”

So, AnyDVD doesn’t fix it and cannot fix it.

You need to read this statement “It's a limitation built into PowerDVD. There's nothing AnyDVD can do about it.”

So, AnyDVD doesn’t fix it and cannot fix it.

Yes, I know. But is there anything I can get, like third-party software to disable DRM?

The only solution is to use an unlicensed player such as VLC or mpc-hc

That's a shame. I'll stick with Corel WinDVD 12 since that doesn't block my screencapping on media (it just doesn't support UHD). Thanks for helping me, I'll check MPC-HC out and see if it works with UHD well (VLC does not). I ordered a new Blu-ray copy of Wall-E so I should be able to still watch it with friends, just without the 4K and HDR quality. Turns out the UHD version was upscaled, anyway, so I'll take it as a win. As for PowerDVD, it's still a good player for my CDs (not a good ripper, though (EAC is much better for that)).

Back