• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-beta-1-0-9-3-disney.80536/

MCalca1706

Since installing anystream-beta-1-0-9-3-disney.80536 most of the downloads are defective no matter the service!

Testing on two Samsung TV's A& B: (most tested on A only)

A=SAMSUNG Q60T Series 43-inch Class QLED Smart TV | 4K, UHD Dual LED Quantum HDR | Alexa Built-in | QN43Q60TAFXZA, 2020 Model

B= Samsung UN32H6350 32-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV (2014 Model)

1080p Downloads On 128GB Flash Drives Formatted EX FAT to accept larger file sizes
Problems:
Defects appear on one or both TV's
Most videos play normally until the second half to the end then the defects begin
Frequent Freezing, skipping, sometimes very long pauses
Audio continues normally during freezing but Lips become out of sync
Loss of sound
Complete crashes
Wavy white waves on TV-B
Problems continued after re downloading multiple times
After pausing a video it takes a long time for audio to return
Huge Download sizes

Had problems with (Service & TV Tested On):
Marooned Amazon Problems on Both A&B
Hamilton on Disney Played normally on TV-B but very badly on TV-A
Switched at Birth on Amazon Episodes 1&2 problems on both TV's
Aubrey on Amazon on TV-A
Solar Attack Amazon on TV-A
The Titan TV-A Netflix

Attachments

• disney-Hamilton.astlog
    88.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Amazon-Marooned.en-us Marooned .astlog
    299.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Amazon-Switched at Birth_S01E01_This Is Not a Pipe.astlog
    504.2 KB · Views: 1
Since installing Anystream-beta-1-0-9-3-Disney.80536 most of the downloads are defective no matter the service!

A=SAMSUNG Q60T Series 43-inch Class QLED Smart TV | 4K, UHD Dual LED Quantum HDR | Alexa Built-in | QN43Q60TAFXZA, 2020 Model

1080p Downloads On 128GB Flash Drives Formatted EX FAT to accept larger file sizes
Problems:
Most videos play normally until the second half to the end then the defects begin
Loss of sound
Complete crashes
Wavy white waves on TV-B
Problems continued after re-downloading multiple times
After pausing a video it takes a long time for the audio to return
Huge Download sizes

Aubrey on Amazon on TV-A
The Titan TV-A Netflix
Is this the trial version or the registered version? So you downloaded the Movie "Hamilton" and you had issues with the playback on every download. Same with Netflix and Amazon correct? How large are the file sizes?

Thank you all for the replies.

I have a registered lifetime version. The problems happen on Netflix, Amazon and Disney (shame on Disney only 720p). The file sizes are usually 1 to 14GB depending on how long the program is (Marooned on Amazon is 13.8GB). Re-downloading the movie or video doesn't help. It doesn't happen on every single download but most (about 90% have defects.) I did not have this problem before upgrading to this AnyStream version. Another movie called Descent from Amazon just crashed! It played fine until about the last half hour then the defects began and it became unwatchable. I had to go on Amazon to watch the rest of the movie!

I have not had time to watch or test everything downloaded but defects seem to be the rule on most. I have not had the time to test on the PC but I will try to watch at least a few (I usually don't' watch movies on my PC).

It seems that converting defective files can sometimes fix the defects. I converted 3 episodes with defects of Switched at Birth to MKV and they played normally but it is very time consuming. MKV files always seem to be more compatible on my TV's.
I wish this program had a choice of MP4 or MKV like the Clone BD creating a video file option.

It's strange but all the Science/Astronomy programs from Amazon and Netflix downloaded don't have the defects. Maybe they are recorded differently.
I am seriously considering going back to the Any Stream version before this Beta because of the many freezing problems. What's the point of downloading with this version when so many videos are full of defects.

If anyone knows about when the next version of Any Stream is coming out (after beta-1-0-9-3-disney) please let me know. I hope it's soon because if I go backward no more Disney.
The attached files are all defective when played on TV's.

Attachments

• Amazon-Descent.astlog
    333.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Amazon-Earthstorm.astlog
    514.5 KB · Views: 0
    504.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Amazon-Switched at Birth_S01E02_American Gothic.astlog
    583.7 KB · Views: 0
Just installed verion SetupAnyStream_1.1.0.2_64bit and the freezing, Pausing, loss of sound crahsing problems mentioned before persist!

Since installing anystream-beta-1-0-9-3-disney.80536 most of the downloads are defective no matter the service!

Problems:
Loss of sound
Complete crashes
Wavy white waves on TV-B
Problems continued after re downloading multiple times
After pausing a video it takes a long time for audio to return
Huge Download sizes

Aubrey on Amazon on TV-A
The Titan TV-A Netflix

Attachments

1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Amazon-Switched at Birth_S01E13_Self Portrait With Bandaged Ear.astlog
    351.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Amazon-Switched at Birth_S03E01_Drowning Girl.astlog
    920.3 KB · Views: 0
The issue is related to your televisions, not the software. If they download fine and play fine on your PC, then the issue has to do with your TV's.

I never said they play fine on a PC (I said I don't watch downloaded videos on my PC )and they screw up on three different brands of TV's Samsung, Vizio and LG.
Videos from other sources play fine and the first version of Any Stream I downloaded worked fine until I updated. So obviously the update broke something that used to work.

As I mentioned before, converting the files to MKV often fixes the problems but why should I have to go through all of that for every single download. I wish this software had the option to save in either MP4 or MKV like Clone BD.

All I can do is hope a future update will make it works like it did initially.

Last edited:
I never said they play fine on a PC (I said I don't watch downloaded videos on my PC )and they screw up on three different brands of TV's Samsung, Vizio and LG.
Videos from other sources play fine and the first version of Any Stream I downloaded worked fine until I updated. So obviously the update broke something that used to work.

As I mentioned before, converting the files to MKV often fixes the problems but why should I have to go through all of that for every single download. I wish this software had the option to save in either MP4 or MKV like Clone BD.

All I can do is hope a future update will make it works like it did initially.

Well...have you tried playing them on a PC? Thats an easy test if the issue is related to your televisions not processing the video codecs correctly, or if the issue is actually related to the video file.

As I mentioned before even if they play normally on a PC I don't download files to play on a PC but to watch on a TV. I do plan to test a few of the defective files on a PC just out of curiosity.
For now converting to MKV seems to fix most. Hopefully I won't have to do this in a future update.
Ironically everything worked fine on the first version I downloaded of any Stream.

AnyStream Version 1.1.1.1.0 seems to have fixed the freezing/pausing and sound problems. Unfortunately now I cannot accesss Discney.
There is a new version of AnyStream 1.1.2.0 I really hope this does not undo the fixes in Freezing/Pausing and Sound problems in videos.

AnyStream Version 1.1.1.1.0 seems to have fixed the freezing/pausing and sound problems. Unfortunately now I cannot accesss Discney.
There is a new version of AnyStream 1.1.2.0 I really hope this does not undo the fixes in Freezing/Pausing and Sound problems in videos.

We've had two people so far with that same effect (Disney home page timed out, as in your log files). Further investigation showed, that their PCs had a non-functional IPv6 stack.
Disney's main page resolved to an IPv6 address.

Try disabling IPv6 on your PC, to see if you might have that same problem.

Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned previously Disney is working.
The problem I have is that some downloads are fine and others skip.

I've only noticed issues sync with one title I while on some previous beta version. The most recent version has been very good for me.

i have this too on my samsung tv but works fine on other things

In my experience Samsung TV's and Blu Ray players play more video file types then LG and Vizio and it's the number one TV manufacturer in the world. All our newer TV's are Samsung.

Try converting the videos with defects to MKV (all settings the same as the MP4 ) and see if it helps. The version before this last one seemed to have fixed freezing , skipping and sound problems.
I am getting nervous about doing updates since it sometimes messed up previous fixed issues. I had two versions which worked fine that had problems after updates.

Back