• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD 50GB

The layer break is the most critical issue. Try to read these discs back to the hard drive and see how it goes.

The layer break is the most critical issue. Try to read these discs back to the hard drive and see how it goes.
I will try on a few, and layer break is the transfer between layers, correct? like the spot were the next layer begins/previous layer ends.

Correct. And it can't be influenced by software. And very often the outer area of discs is critical / bad but with BD discs the software is forced to burn to this edge before it's allowed to switch to the next layer.

Correct. And it can't be influenced by software. And very often the outer area of discs is critical / bad but with BD discs the software is forced to burn to this edge before it's allowed to switch to the next layer.
why does burning slow help prevent this? because its moving slower and is less likely to make a mistake around the layer break, or because the laser penetraes harder and the data is easier to read in certain spots? right now im copying a 40 gb game off a dual layer m disc, the game files are spread across both layers, so if it runs and I can get past the opening level the disc is probably is not corupted, because a small corruption would probably make the game not even get past the first parts.

I don't know for sure. My guess is that most drives screw up at the high burning speed when they are supposed to slow down for this critical change. And the best measure is to burn as slow as possible burning multi-layer discs. The Pioneer can go down to 2x. The LG / ASUS drives only allow 4x minimum which seems to be too fast for good quality burns.

I don't know for sure. My guess is that most drives screw up at the high burning speed when they are supposed to slow down for this critical change. And the best measure is to burn as slow as possible burning multi-layer discs. The Pioneer can go down to 2x. The LG / ASUS drives only allow 4x minimum which seems to be too fast for good quality burns.
I burned at 4x and 6x with cdburnerxp, im hoping it was slow enough to not screw it up, does the quality of the disc have any effect on this? im using the best discs money can buy(or at least one of the best types)

I burned at 4x and 6x with cdburnerxp, im hoping it was slow enough to not screw it up, does the quality of the disc have any effect on this? im using the best discs money can buy(or at least one of the best types)
Try to read back your discs and you will see.

Try to read back your discs and you will see.
just took a game off a verbatim dual layer blu ray m-disc burned at 6x speed with an lg burner, and put it on a hard drive, game files were spread across both layers beacause the game is well over 25 gigabytes, and the game runs and I did a lot of exploring and went to different parts of the map, if there was a corruption it probably won't run. im gona test a few more discs to be sure, if other are having problems it could be the media that they are using maybe.

A game is not a good test. Try to copy all data from disc to hard disc.

Maybe you were lucky and the drive and discs used worked well. Can you post the media ID used? Shows up in Imgburn and other burn software.

Maybe you were lucky and the drive and discs used worked well. Can you post the media ID used? Shows up in Imgburn and other burn software.
I cant seem to find anything that resembles media id in cdburner xp in the disc information tab. I used the LG WH14NS40(i bought it recently and date of manufacture is 2020, maybe it has newer firmware that helps?) and these are the discs I used https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-M-Disc-BD-R-Branded-Surface/dp/B016X2E8NI/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=m+disc&qid=1616370753&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExWUxJUjUwU0w5VzFIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODI2MDIxMkYzSUs1SUgyOVNXWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDQ5MzkyM1VZMlpQMExRWjFVWCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1 go to branded 50 gb discs 25 pack spindle. burned them at 6x speed.

Last edited:
im also going to test my verbatim m disc bdxls all burned at 4x speed and share results, i used cdburner xp for almost everything. if all my discs are fine, it means the media you use has an effect or software, my guess is media because I doubt cdburner xp is better than what others on this forums use.

Last edited:
found a way to get disc id, installed imgburn disc id for dual m discs layer discs I got good burn with at 6x is VERBAT-IMf-000

just copied files from bdxl burned at 4x with lg wh14ns40 onto hdd, so far so good everything is running well, no sighs of any corruption. everything is running well so far, its the verbatim bdxl m-disc Disc ID: VERBAT-IMk-000

The Japanese discs I use are known to be of good quality. I guess the LG burner doesn't have a good writing strategy for those since we see that these discs burned at 2x with the Pioneer work very well. Other discs might work better with the LG but at the end the optimum is good discs and a burner which burns them well.

The Japanese discs I use are known to be of good quality. I guess the LG burner doesn't have a good writing strategy for those since we see that these discs burned at 2x with the Pioneer work very well. Other discs might work better with the LG but at the end the optimum is good discs and a burner which burns them well.
wonder why the m-discs don't have problems for me so far, maybe there's better layer separation? these discs are more expensive so maybe your paying for better quality/r and d? took all the games off bdxl and onto hdd, all play just fine, and all have identical file size to copy's off my other hdd, except one game but that's because when you change gpu settings it creates a small file that slightly changes size of game files by an extremely small amount. so verbatim m discs, tested and good for lg burners triple and dual layer at their rated 4x and 6x speeds.

Last edited:
These are the scan results from a disc kufo has sent to me. I guess burnt with the Pio-212. Not as good as my 209 results, but still good. I also ripped that disc to the hard drive and there was no hestitation indicating a read problen. The read process just ploughed through without any hesitation.
Pio 212 x2 burn_kufo.png

wonder why the m-discs don't have problems for me so far, maybe there's better layer separation? these discs are more expensive so maybe your paying for better quality/r and d? took all the games off bdxl and onto hdd, all play just fine, and all have identical file size to copy's off my other hdd, except one game but that's because when you change gpu settings it creates a small file that slightly changes size of game files by an extremely small amount. so verbatim m discs, tested and good for lg burners triple and dual layer at their rated 4x and 6x speeds.
@jack miller if you are in the US: Can you send a burned M-disc to @njweb to run a scan to check the quality of the M-discs. Would be very helpful to see if these discs are really the holy grail of burning BD50s.
Thanks!

Back