• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Shut Down after Download(s)

Powerage1964

Hy there, it would be nice if there would be a possibility for an automatic
shutdown of the PC after Download(s). Do you work on this?

When you DL, you know, when it will ending.

I'm using for this "SleepTimer Ultimate". On a simple GUI you set the shutdown and the programm shutdown your PC.

+1. IMO, this should be a must have feature considering the varying time AS needs and it takes to complete a download.

We do not work on this yet. But I agree - this may be a nice to have feature.
As soon as the CLI (maybe, possibly?) comes out, we'd be able to hook in to the returns and implement it ourselves. Or even just go "AnyStream <name> && shutdown -s -t 0 -f" to shut it down after the download.
A cli would do wonders.

Anyway just open cmd and type "shutdown -s -t <seconds goes here> -f" if you want to shutdown your pc after x amount of seconds. 3600 is an hour, 3600x3 would give you three hours etc.

As soon as the CLI (maybe, possibly?) comes out, we'd be able to hook in to the returns and implement it ourselves. Or even just go "AnyStream <name> && shutdown -s -t 0 -f" to shut it down after the download.
A cli would do wonders.

Anyway just open cmd and type "shutdown -s -t <seconds goes here> -f" if you want to shutdown your pc after x amount of seconds. 3600 is an hour, 3600x3 would give you three hours etc.
In general we, as a community, would be able to add a ton of features ourselves with a CLI version.

Season downloader? No problem. Code a basic scraper, get the episodes from some meta data site or otherwise get a list of episodes, script AnyStream to go through the list and done.
Shutoff after download? No problem. Queue a shutdown after the AnyStream command
Check for already downloaded files? Sure, setup a bash script
Re-name output? No problem. Script the newest added file after download from the AnyStream command..

It would be perfect... Please redfox, give us the freedom to implement out own features with a CLI version

In general we, as a community, would be able to add a ton of features ourselves with a CLI version.

Season downloader? No problem. Code a basic scraper, get the episodes from some meta data site or otherwise get a list of episodes, script AnyStream to go through the list and done.
Shutoff after download? No problem. Queue a shutdown after the AnyStream command
Check for already downloaded files? Sure, setup a bash script
Re-name output? No problem. Script the newest added file after download from the AnyStream command..

It would be perfect... Please redfox, give us the freedom to implement out own features with a CLI version

Not sure you (or anyone) should be speaking for the "community". While I too think this is a good idea I prefer to have other new functionality prioritized. Personally, I am not at all interested in spending time writing scripts for AS. If you are that's fine and dandy but understand not everyone is and some folks like myself rather see additional providers and added stability (for example) added before a CLI version.

And in all honestly, I cannot imagine the can of support worms that would open for a small team of folks.

Just my 2 cents on the topic.

Not sure you (or anyone) should be speaking for the "community". While I too think this is a good idea I prefer to have other new functionality prioritized. Personally, I am not at all interested in spending time writing scripts for AS. If you are that's fine and dandy but understand not everyone is and some folks like myself rather see additional providers and added stability (for example) added before a CLI version.

And in all honestly, I cannot imagine the can of support worms that would open for a small team of folks.

Just my 2 cents on the topic.
This will be up to Prospere and Redfox. Nothing will get done unless it is authorized by Redfox and Prospere. So please everyone have a little bit of patience. It will all work out. The priorities are handled by the Developers. No one else.

This will be up to Prospere and Redfox. Nothing will get done unless it is authorized by Redfox and Prospere. So please everyone have a little bit of patience. It will all work out. The priorities are handled by the Developers. No one else.
One can dream :)

+1 for sleep mode. When you can get around to it, of course.

I had actually planned to add a request liek this but never got around to it yet.

Like Redfox 1 & DarkQuark said, higher priorities.

Back