• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Limited to 720p on Disney+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmegHead

Firstly, a huge thank you for providing Disney+ support. I was hoping and praying this would be implemented, and I was sure support would be limited to Amazon/Netflix for the foreseeable future.

I did notice the downloads seem to be limited to 1280x720, which I'm assuming it a limitation of the web interface with Disney+, and therefore completely out of your control. Still, it would be nice to have access to the 1080p streams, but I'm more than happy with the resolution AnyStream is providing.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

P.S. - I have the download speed set to unlimited... do you recommend setting this to realtime, as I'm concerned Disney may be monitoring unusually fast download speeds.

I did notice the downloads seem to be limited to 1280x720, which I'm assuming it a limitation of the web interface with Disney+, and therefore completely out of your control. Still, it would be nice to have access to the 1080p streams, but I'm more than happy with the resolution AnyStream is providing.
Yes, presently, that's how it is - we are working on an improvement, but can't promise anything.

P.S. - I have the download speed set to unlimited... do you recommend setting this to realtime, as I'm concerned Disney may be monitoring unusually fast download speeds.
We are actually going to remove the recommendation for 1x speed in the future.
We can't say, what and if they are monitoring anything along that line and since a large portion of AnyStream users set "unlimited" anyway - it makes no big difference, I guess.

yeah AFAIK Disney+ has limited their playback on browsers to 720p.
If Anystream where to get 1080p on disney+, they'd have to get a functioning L2 or L1 widevine playback, which is an entirely different story.

<removed>

To get 1080p Disney+ or 4k Amazon/Netflix, would require breaking L2 and L1. <removed>
And for that exact reason I doubt we'll ever see a 4k amazon ripper or 1080p disney+ ripper, at least for public use due to the "risk" associated with it.

You could try to implement a man in the middle type attack, similar to how Anystream downloads the media without utilizing an exctrated key, but doing so you'd have to tackle HDCP which is a pain as well..

tl;dr, don't get your hopes up :)
ps: sorry admin :)
Post edited: TECHNICAL DECRYPTION DETAILS REMOVED - Ch3vr0n. As per admin requirements.

Last edited:
We are actually going to remove the recommendation for 1x speed in the future.
We can't say, what and if they are monitoring anything along that line and since a large portion of AnyStream users set "unlimited" anyway - it makes no big difference, I guess.

Please don't remove that warning. If anything remove the faster downloads. Providers keep detailed logs forever. Abuse detection won't happen until someone investigates unnatural bandwidth use or a leaked file at a studio's behest. Then everyone fitting the bucket gets banned at once months or years later. It is in everyone's interest that we not add more motivation to crack down.

Better options:
1. Per-provider speed controls. I'm much more risk tolerant with Disney than Amazon (easy).
2. Add queueing so a TV show download isn't an interruption every 20-45m and just looks like someone binging. Ideally with "bathroom breaks" (pause for a few minutes every couple hours).
3. Re-work your "fair use" system to limit to 16 hours of downloading per day per service while allowing 2-4 streams. Currently I have to think about the order I grab Pixar shorts vs movies vs tv series. One download ranges from 6m to 3h. Or at least let me see my remaining credits.
4. Taking advantage of the allowed multi-screen use is going to look way less anomalous than faster downloads. But needs to be separate queues (and ideally viewer profiles). Don't download A_S1E1 and A_S1E2 at once, download A_S1E1 and B_S1E1

do not care one way or the other on the warning.

absolutely do not remove the capability however. given you can download today via providers services, and some support watching in high speed as well - i dont think it will be a problem. but who knows

Why remove the option to have "unlimited speed" when downloading? It's your own fault if you get banned

I have always downloaded at normal speed, but today I have tried 2x. I haven't had any problem, but just wondering how safe it is at 2x?

I've been doing nothing but unlimited speed on both the amazon and netflix side, since closed beta began in april last year. Zero negative effects.
Providers keep detailed logs forever. Abuse detection won't happen until someone investigates unnatural bandwidth use or a leaked file at a studio's behest. Then everyone fitting the bucket gets banned at once months or years later.

Care to back that up with some evidence?

1. Per-provider speed controls. I'm much more risk tolerant with Disney than Amazon (easy).

I guess this could be considered an adition to existing feature request 78694,

2. Add queueing so a TV show download isn't an interruption every 20-45m and just looks like someone binging. Ideally with "bathroom breaks" (pause for a few minutes every couple hours).

Batch downloading for TV series has been approved and is underway

3. Re-work your "fair use" system to limit to 16 hours of downloading per day per service while allowing 2-4 streams. Currently I have to think about the order I grab Pixar shorts vs movies vs tv series. One download ranges from 6m to 3h. Or at least let me see my remaining credits.
And how exactly would you determine when a user downloads most and when their day starts. Ppl have different schedules, combine that with 24 timezones... Yeah no, thanks but no thanks. The current method is just fine. regardless of what i download whether its a full 2H movie or 30 minutes, with my ISP package, even a 2h movie completes in under 5 minutes. It's the users responsibility to be careful, you can't put that burden onto AnyStream

4. Taking advantage of the allowed multi-screen use is going to look way less anomalous than faster downloads. But needs to be separate queues (and ideally viewer profiles). Don't download A_S1E1 and A_S1E2 at once, download A_S1E1 and B_S1E1

There already are seperate queues, and per profile? How exactly do you plan on doing that, one can only be logged into 1 profile at a time.

^^ People who release titles download @ the highest speed you could imagine, the guys who run the show at these companies know this. This isn't something new. Ripping/mass downloading with HIGH speeds from webstores/streaming sites have been going on for YEARS now.
Please don't remove that warning. If anything remove the faster downloads. Providers keep detailed logs forever. Abuse detection won't happen until someone investigates unnatural bandwidth use or a leaked file at a studio's behest. Then everyone fitting the bucket gets banned at once months or years later. It is in everyone's interest that we not add more motivation to crack down.

Better options:

You're talking as if this is the FIRST tool EVER released that has the function to download from streaming service providers.

You're talking as if this is the FIRST tool EVER released that has the function to download from streaming service providers.

That's because it is, every single one currently out there is a screen recorder, not a single other one downloads directly from the streaming provider CDN's

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That's because it is, every single one currently out there is a screen recorder, not a single other one downloads directly from the streaming provider CDN's

I'm not talking about "mainstream" tools. I'm talking about the tools that have been used for YEARS and they are not capped @ some "realtime" download speed. The people who have been ripping from services use some of the fastest pipes out there, hence, my first comment.

I'm not talking about "mainstream" tools. I'm talking about the tools that have been used for YEARS and they are not capped @ some "realtime" download speed. The people who have been ripping from services use some of the fastest pipes out there, hence, my first comment.

Once this becomes somewhat widespread and or their is attention placed on it you can be assured they will crackdown. Hiding among the straw in the haystack is the way to go in my opinion. I only d/l at 1x. I am happy for what I have access to I am not greedy about it and acting that way will eventually get you busted, again, in my opinion.

Once this becomes somewhat widespread and or their is attention placed on it you can be assured they will crackdown. Hiding among the straw in the haystack is the way to go in my opinion. I only d/l at 1x. I am happy for what I have access to I am not greedy about it and acting that way will eventually get you busted, again, in my opinion.
I respect it, but, trust me, they already know. They know Google is shit but hey, it is what it is. More and more ppl are doing 4K releases which used to be a big "no no" to release to the "public" but it seems everything is fair game now or they just don't care about the "rules" anymore. The guys at the companies are fully aware of EVERYTHING. They have teams dedicated to this stuff. This isn't a top secret. Anyone can buy this software and use it. You think they don't know or don't know enough about how this stuff works? Of course they do. This stuff has been going on for YEARS now. I respect your opinion tho.

I've been doing nothing but unlimited speed on both the amazon and netflix side, since closed beta began in april last year. Zero negative effects.

Care to back that up with some evidence?
A closed beta or private tools used by fewer people draw far less attention than a widely used tool that is trivial for their abuse team to install the trial of when some MBA is looking to improve margin.

Posting further detail publicly would be counterproductive. Suffice it to say that things get noticed when they happen enough to draw attention. Everyone has a giant backlog. Crackdowns aren't instantaneous.

On batch download, there is the easy to implement feature of just a queue where the user has to (possibly with no download running) click add to queue instead of download, trigger the manifest, and then let them download sequentially and the much more complex (but better) feature of clicking a season and having Anystream add all X episodes to said queue. That more advanced feature is likely different for each provider and will probably end up being somewhat data dependent and hard to debug. I'd actually take the queue by itself which I expect is <10% the implementation work of the bigger feature.

That's just straight up false lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back