• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD - Video Settings - 'Highest Speed' vs. 'Avg Speed / Quality' vs ' Highest Quality;'

njweb

In CloneBD, under 'Settings' (at top right), on the 'Video' tab', there is a setting 'encoder quality' where the encoder speed/ video quality can be changed. The default is set to 'highest speed'.

I was actually impressed with the quality of the output video when using the default setting - 'highest speed'.
BUT if the other settings will significantly improve quality, I might try it...

Which of the 3 settings do most of you use?
  • 'Highest Speed' (default)
  • 'Avg Speed / Quality'
  • ' Highest Quality;
Is there a dramatic difference in video quality between these 3 settings?

I'm using Highest Quality, because I want the best possible output. The more you shrink, the higher this setting will take effect.
The speed will be only a bit slower, as when taking the fast setting. This all is natuarly depending on the graphic card and CUDA support. If you don't want to shrink you can do one film with both settings and coimpare the result

Last edited:
I'm using Highest Quality, because I want the best possible output. The more you shrink, the higher this setting will take effect.
The speed will be only a bit slower, as when taking the fast setting. This all is natuarly depending on the graohic card and CUDA support. If you don't want to shrink you can do one film with both settings and coimpare the result

Thanks!
I prefer higher quality myself; if the difference is noticeable, I will use 'Highest Quality' (especially If the encoding time is only a bit longer).
Let me run a test and compare the two...

Quick update - I am 'testing' this video setting now and it does not look like it makes any / much difference: Even though I changed the video setting to 'highest quality', the time to complete the job is the same or less * as before when I had it set to 'fastest speed.
* The time to encode / produce the compressed output folders is not longer and in fact seems shorter with it set to 'highest quality' than 'when it is set to 'fastest speed', which obviously makes no sense).
I wonder if the actual speed and video quality are more based on the output size (I picked BD50) combined with the 'slider' which I can use to fine tune / adjust the output file size - after having selected 'BD50'...

Maybe someone else, who has experimented with this setting more than I have, can chime in with their feedback / experience...

Maybe someone else, who has experimented with this setting more than I have, can chime in with their feedback / experience...
In fact I can´t tell you about that for sure since I haven´t changed geral settings for about 2 years. I´m using best quality and then manualy set the output size. To get near maximum of 46,6 GB for BD 50 I selct ~51 GB output size. At the end of ajob CBD tells you that about 49 GB were written but in fact it´s only 46 GB or less.
This setting with 51 GB output size worked for about 95% of all UHD titles I made. With my NVIDIA 1060 6 GB DDR5 RAM im getting an encoding speed of 75 to 85 fps. Encoding time is depending on the films lenght. One thing to mention: I keep audio untouched and selct only ENG+GER with GER subs.
I wonder if the actual speed and video quality are more based on the output size (I picked BD50) combined with the 'slider' which I can use to fine tune / adjust the output file size - after having selected 'BD50'...
Give this settings a try und see what outpu size you get.

Last edited:
Back