• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

High Anxiety isn't recognized

Clam Raider

I have put in the Blu-Ray edition and the DVD, and it doesn't even recognize that the disc in even in the drive. Not sure what kind of encryption it has, but so far it has eluded me.

I have put in the Blu-Ray edition and the DVD, and it doesn't even recognize that the disc in even in the drive. Not sure what kind of encryption it has, but so far it has eluded me.
Does it recognize the disc(s) without AnyDVD running? If Windows doesn't see an original disc without AnyDVD running, it is not encryption, it is dirty/defective.

Last edited:
Just speaking from my own experience where I have had discs that don't get recognized at all, it's always been a dirty or bad disc.

This audo Blu-Ray is not recognized : Beethoven complete violin sonatas Schneiderhan Seeman (Deutsche Gramophon)
It is new and read without problem on my Cambridge audio bu-ray

This audo Blu-Ray is not recognized : Beethoven complete violin sonatas Schneiderhan Seeman (Deutsche Gramophon)
It is new and read without problem on my Cambridge audio bu-ray
If your drive doesn't see the disc, AnyDVD can't help you.

Does it recognize the disc(s) without AnyDVD running? If Windows doesn't see an original disc without AnyDVD running, it is not encryption, it is dirty/defective.
Just speaking from my own experience where I have had discs that don't get recognized at all, it's always been a dirty or bad disc.
The disc is not dirty or defective. I have tried the Blu-Ray and the DVD. Neither will copy. Others that worked in players and not computers were able to be cracked by this awesome software, but not this Mel Brooks gem. Oh well.

The disc is not dirty or defective. I have tried the Blu-Ray and the DVD. Neither will copy. Others that worked in players and not computers were able to be cracked by this awesome software, but not this Mel Brooks gem. Oh well.
I am at a bit of a loss when you say it is some sort of encryption, when a drive does not see an original disc. If it was a copy, there might be some room for doubt, but a drive should be able to see, and play, an original disc. Period.

If it doesn't, there is an issue with the disc or the drive. Why would anyone make a disc that can't be played? Copy protection is on a disc to keep you from copying it, not playing it. Even if the disc was from a different region, you should get some kind of player error saying so. Putting a Bluray in a DVD drive could cause that, but the DVD should still work.

You said "Neither will copy". That is not the same as the drive will not play the original. So does the drive recognize the disc or not?

Last edited:

Outside of a bad or dirty disc the ONLY other time I had that behavior was a bad drive. I had the Blu-Ray laser go out on me. So it would read DVD but not Blu-Ray.

I am not saying you are wrong, just speaking to my experience.

Back