• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Croods New Age

pocketaces

Long time user but i hardly ever post. Over the years i have had movies that seem to copy with no problems but when i insert in a dvd player( regular non bluray) they don't play...it just says loading on the dvd player screen. Croods The New Age just did this last week. Has anyone ever had this issue? If it doesn't play on one player, it doesn't on any i own.

Long time user but i hardly ever post. Over the years i have had movies that seem to copy with no problems but when i insert in a dvd player( regular non bluray) they don't play...it just says loading on the dvd player screen. Croods The New Age just did this last week. Has anyone ever had this issue? If it doesn't play on one player, it doesn't on any i own.
The most common issue with back-ups not playing is using inferior media (like Memorex). Burning too fast can also be an issue. Storing them in extremes (hot/cold) can also be an issue, but the blanks are the biggest factor. I have back-ups that are over 20 years old and still work fine. I use Taiyo Yuden Silver Lacquer Premium blanks and burned at 8x.

I've used Verbatim from the start and it was a slow burn. It goes through the process and says the copy is complete and i don't know it's not a good burn until i try to play it. Nobody had issues with the Croods then?

I've used Verbatim from the start and it was a slow burn. It goes through the process and says the copy is complete and i don't know it's not a good burn until i try to play it. Nobody had issues with the Croods then?
You posted you had issues with several discs....Croods was just the most recent one. Having several discs that don't play is not the same as having one. Having several discs that don't play is typically a bad blank issue. As far as Croods in particular goes, if you were able to make a back-up with AnyDVD running, then AnyDVD should have done it's job. If you believe it didn't, then you need to post an AnyDVD log from the original disc, and what error message you are/were getting or what you believe AnyDVD is not doing correctly.

AnyDVD's job is to remove protection. It has nothing to do with the copying or burning the disc process.

One thing you can do to avoid wasting blanks is download a PC DVD player software like Media Player Classic Home Cinema or purchase something like PowerDVD. Then, you can click on the VIDEO_TS.IFO in the VIDEO_TS folder that AnyDVD creates if you chose to Rip to disk. You can then test to see if the output actually plays.

One thing you can do to avoid wasting blanks is download a PC DVD player software like Media Player Classic Home Cinema or purchase something like PowerDVD. Then, you can click on the VIDEO_TS.IFO in the VIDEO_TS folder that AnyDVD creates if you chose to Rip to disk. You can then test to see if the output actually plays.
You are correct 100%.

I always use PowerDVD to check whether any DVD rips are working properly.

Plus, with PowerDVD 20 Ultra priced at $59.99 US right now, until March 17th, that's a good way to get the latest version of PowerDVD for a decent price.

MPC-HC is what I've been using for years now. Ever since DVD playback support was dropped in Windows Media Player in Windows 8.

MPC-HC is what I've been using for years now. Ever since DVD playback support was dropped in Windows Media Player in Windows 8.
This is getting off subject, but I still like Windows Media Center that came with Windows 7, never cared too much for Windows Media Player.

Back