• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Read Errors

Idreams

Hello,

while i am trying to copy few Blu ray disks or dvd disks, i am getting Read Error. i am not getting this error for all disks. only to specific disks

is the error bcoz of disk or bcoz of my dvd drive ?

I bought this drive like 8 years back and copied many dvds and blu rays

Hello,

while i am trying to copy few Blu ray disks or dvd disks, i am getting Read Error. i am not getting this error for all disks. only to specific disks

is the error bcoz of disk or bcoz of my dvd drive ?

I bought this drive like 8 years back and copied many dvds and blu rays

A log file would be helpful here. With such an old drive you can be sure that the fault is in the drive. It begins with little errors and up to refusing to read some disc types.
A think a new drive will be good here. Depending on what you want to do a normal BD drive could be enough.
If you wish to read UHD-BD , please look here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-for-flashing-uhd-drives-for-anydvd.79023/

A log file would be helpful here. With such an old drive you can be sure that the fault is in the drive. It begins with little errors and up to refusing to read some disc types.
A think a new drive will be good here. Depending on what you want to do a normal BD drive could be enough.
If you wish to read UHD-BD , please look here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-for-flashing-uhd-drives-for-anydvd.79023/

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions, just because the drive is old doesn't mean they're defective. ALL 3 of my optical drives in my current system (check forum signature) are rather old, yet still perform perfectly to this day. The most likely culprit with read errors is a dirty/defective disc.

Nobody is quick here with conlusions. An 8 year old drive that was often used is supposed to break at a near point. I have old drives here too but I would not be surprised if one of them would die soon.
To be sure in this you can only read one disc in two diffrent drives and see how they behave. In one point you are right: Cleaning is cheaper than buying a new drive. :)

Saying 'you can be sure it's the drive', that's a pretty firm statement saying for a fact it's the drive at fault.

That's the very definition of jumping to the conclusion that the drive is at fault.

An 8 year old drive that was often used is supposed to break at a near point.

That's again jumping to conclusion that the problem is with the drive, and that there's a predetermined date of failure embedded in the drive. Yes, old drives are more likely to fail,but it's nowhere near a given fact you make it sound it is.

I've experienced first hand that a brand new drive failed in a few months where one I have for years before it still functions just fine.

There has been no logfile as of yet, let alone a specific error message posted. So making a definitive statement the fault is with the drive, is a very bold assumption backed up with zero evidence.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your responses. i will add the log file shortly.

Log file is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.2.0_Info_Z_BTC_0B528F9D_E55FEBED.ziplog
    93.5 KB · Views: 4
Since you still havent stated the specific error message you get ("read errors" is pretty vague), the only thing at this time i can see with that is

* that lower class filter iaStorF, related to intel rapid storage drivers which you shouldn't need to have installed unless you run a storage drive raid configuration
* the fact that you're still using windows 7.

I'm gonna go with dirty/defective disc.

i have added the log file in my previous reply. isnt that log file enough to get to know the error ?
if not, can you tell me on how to create log file during the copy as the copy stops after certain percentage giving read error

It makes no sense to continue discussing it. Until the user makes a clear statement, one can only guess. Since I haven't just started watching movies and drives yesterday, my assumption has a reason.
I don't always have to be right, but neither do I let my experience be disputed. If I post something then I want to help someone. Incidentally, my guess is not bold, but your overloaded explanation of my statement...

Last edited:
i have added the log file in my previous reply. isnt that log file enough to get to know the error ?
if not, can you tell me on how to create log file during the copy as the copy stops after certain percentage giving read error

Not this time. The logfile doesn't mention a specific read error. Anydvd however should, when you try to rip. Try cleaning the disc with a microfiber cloth and re-rip. If it fails again, anydvd should tell you in a message dialogue about the specific error. That's a vital piece of info.

i have attached the error screenshot. is this what you are looking for ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 13
That's the one, now it's in the hands of @James to make a final statement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Similar error happened with Home Alone Blu ray too. Attached are the logs

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.2.0_Info_Z_Home Alone_073207A4_19325200.ziplog
    821.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVDripper_log_Z.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 4
Try to remove the iaStor Filter driver, it really doesn't do anything useful for reading optical discs.
But I believe your disc(s) and / or drive is dirty and or defective.

Thanks James. do you think issue is with drive or disk ?. if its drive, i can purchase new one. but few other dvds and blu rays are reading fine

i should have been more precise in my previous post. few blu rays and dvds are reading. but few gives read error. this is my situation
i think i should use the cleanign disks for both bluray and dvd sensors

Back