• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question - AS temp files

DQ

Just a question here assuming it can be shared. If not that is fine.

Where does AS download to before it makes a complete file? And or where does it store it's temp/junk files?

The reason I am asking this is because I always use a small RAM drive for all system and user Temp files. Every once in a blue moon I run into a situation where a program creates large amounts of files or large files and fills my RAM drive which of course leads to that program not doing whatever it needs to. For example Handbrake does this although I got around that fairly easily.

Since using AS I notice my RAM drive getting utilized more than usual. It's not filling at this point but it just spurred me to ask and think about the possibility of a need for a setting for this situation.

Again, if not shareable, understood.

Thanks.

Where does AS download to before it makes a complete file? And or where does it store it's temp/junk files?

Nowhere, there are no temp files. Anystream starts of with a 0 byte file, and continuously writes to it as the download completes.

Nowhere, there are no temp files. Anystream starts of with a 0 byte file, and continuously writes to it as the download completes.

Interesting. Not trying to be disagreeable, but that's not what I have observed to this point. I see a 0 byte file until the download is finished and post processing is completed.

This is not to say I could not be wrong.

Interesting. Not trying to be disagreeable, but that's not what I have observed to this point. I see a 0 byte file until the download is finished and post processing is completed.

This is not to say I could not be wrong.

The filesize just doesn't get updated continuously that's all.

Well it depends how Windows is set.
For mine I can see the filesize increasing while it's downloading.

Please elaborate. All I see during an active d/l is 0. Even if I go to that folder and hit F5. Now I see the log file change size but again, not the MP4 file.

Also, point of caution, don't hit F5 during an active d/l within the AS AMZ screen. It stops the d/l and locks the files. Yeah, I did that like a dingdong that's how I know.

Actually I can see Windows is basically lying to me and you guys are correct. If I look at the properties on the MP4 file it shows it's growing. But for whatever settings reason in the file explorer window it shows 0. I assume because it's in use and or locked.

OK well that answers my concern. Thanks.

If I look at the properties on the MP4 file it shows it's growing. But for whatever settings reason in the file explorer window it shows 0.
Was about to write exactly this. For me it is the same, file is shown as 0 but when you open the properties you can see the size.

Please elaborate. All I see during an active d/l is 0. Even if I go to that folder and hit F5. Now I see the log file change size but again, not the MP4 file.

Also, point of caution, don't hit F5 during an active d/l within the AS AMZ screen. It stops the d/l and locks the files. Yeah, I did that like a dingdong that's how I know.

That's what I see when I'm in Windows Explorer in that specific folder and something is in progress.

filesize.gif

Not hitting any button.

Back