• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can Download Media Save Location Be Blank

BuddyFunJet

I have my movies and TV shows saved on two different mapped network drives. Is there a way for the "Downloaded media is saved to" box to be blank and put all the drive and naming info in the name template?

For example, with the saved to box blank, I could have Z:\%t\%t as my name template to handle the drive and name for movies and Y:\%n\Season %s\%n S%sE%e %t for TV.

If not, is there another way to get the same result?

Maybe you can use sonarr for this, in worst case you need to scan the folder manually and it best case drone factory will work and scan the folder for you

It was not designed like this, but have you actually tried that?

Yes but could not clear the box or find a way to use the browse button to select the root directory of the network server. This also assumes that AS would allow the drive selection to be included in the name template.

While I'm looking for a work around of the existing structure, my ideal would be for the ability to specify different download directories for movies and TV that will accept manually entered UNC paths

Maybe you can use sonarr for this, in worst case you need to scan the folder manually and it best case drone factory will work and scan the folder for you

I should have said my reason for the download location request was not mainly about the download location itself. Copying the files from the existing local download folder to the network share is a minor job. What I'm really wanting is allowing the AS function that checks for an existing download to scan against the full network movie/TV directories that has thousands of titles rather than the local directory that only has the downloads from today to avoid re downloading an existing title.

Last edited:
I should have said my reason for the download location request was not mainly about the download location itself. Copying the files from the existing local download folder to the network share is a minor job. What I'm really wanting is allowing the AS function that checks for an existing download to scan against the full network movie/TV directories that has thousands of titles rather than the local directory that only has the downloads from today to avoid re downloading an existing title.

Why can't you set the destination to be a network share? I have AS on my laptop and it downloads its stuff to an SMB3 share just fine...

Why can't you set the destination to be a network share? I have AS on my laptop and it downloads its stuff to an SMB3 share just fine...

Thanks for the note. Knowing that AS wasn't the issue led me to a network config problem that solved the problem. It still would be nice if AS could be configured to download TV and Movies to completely different paths.

Thanks for the note. Knowing that AS wasn't the issue led me to a network config problem that solved the problem. It still would be nice if AS could be configured to download TV and Movies to completely different paths.

That's easy, create a junction or a symbolic link in c:\ for each path and just anchor at c:\, including the name of the junction or the symbolic link as a relative path in the template ;)

That's easy, create a junction or a symbolic link in c:\ for each path and just anchor at c:\, including the name of the junction or the symbolic link as a relative path in the template ;)

I was looking at saving to different servers or local drives. Not a real problem since I download to a scratch directory and then do a batch move.

I was looking at saving to different servers or local drives. Not a real problem since I download to a scratch directory and then do a batch move.

Nothing stopping you from using symbolic links or junctions for that...

Nothing stopping you from using symbolic links or junctions for that...
Thanks again. As an end user, I didn’t understand what you meant by symbolic links. After your note, I googled it and can see that is a way to accomplish what I’d like.

Thanks again. As an end user, I didn’t understand what you meant by symbolic links. After your note, I googled it and can see that is a way to accomplish what I’d like.

no probs, symbolic links &c are for end users, it's just people don't know how much stuff there is under the bonnet, and unless they really have to, they chose to not look ;)

Edit: incidentally, if they are separate network mounts, you can just mount them in different directories in c:\ instead of separate drives (look up how to do that if you need to, there's plenty of guides out there for that, it's fairly trivial), but I don't know how you layout your network shares.

Last edited:
Back